Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

melanie

ive learned alot in so little time! from how to use my time wisely for studying and doing homework as well. the people at the campus are focused on helping you in any way that they can.

i wish i would have know what a arc was. also how the buildings were set up.

the cafeteria is really nice. and i love the outdor campus alot.

Angela

My school is best known for its two year degrees, but now they have converted to a four year degree school, which has brought alot more students to teh school. The two year degrees make easy for to get an education and get into the work field quick with an education.

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school I would tell myself the truth about getting a higher education. A higher education is so much easier to get when you are younger and without children . You can focus alot better without children interfering with your study time and you can take on more classes to get done quicker. the best advice I would give myself is DON"T GIVE UP! Education is a gift that no one can take away from you. The more education you have the stronger you are in the work force. But for some reason if you can not go when you leave high school it is never too late to go and get a higher education.

The best thing about my school is that the hours and days of the classes are very convient for me. The class sizes are not too large which makes it nice to have one one with the proffesors. They offer online classes as well that make it very convient for someone who does not have transportation.

Shelby

In high school I was a bit of a slacker and I believed college wouldn't be as difficult as adults and teachers made us picture it. Oh was I wrong. College is a complete different ball game from high school. In high school there are teachers pushing you to complete your work and to show up to class. In college that differs, yes college teachers do care about whether the homework is being done and what the attendance situations are but college teachers don't push you to do anything. This is all the responsibility of the student.

I think my school is meant for everyone. It is not a major financal burden as other colleges can be. They also have a wonderful tutoring center I feel is a great contribution to other students. I know me personally I am in the tutor center quite often.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not the classes or anything academic wise. Other students and myself find parking completely rediculious. Driving up and down rows of a parking lot for 10 minutes or more gets quite frustrating and irritating and it somtimes causes you to be late to class.

Joseph

Oh to go back in time knowing what I know now! If only I could! If I could I would give myself advice to stay focused, get organized and most of all delay gratification because everything comes around in good time. Staying focused is key and making sure to not get derailed from my studies with distractions and peer pressures. I would tell myself to get and stay organized; use file folders, notebooks and calendars so I am never late with an assigment and don't lose important papers and notes. And of course I would remind myself to set goals and not let anything get in my way of making those goals. To do my work first and reward myself for my work with play; that is what I mean by delaying gratification. It might be fun now to play first but the work will still be there and will be harder if left to do later. Stay focused on your studies with a sense of purpose is what I would tell myself and keep that positive self esteem in focus too and the world is your oyster!

The type of person who should attend this school is one who has a love for learning and a sense of adventure! There are wonderful teachers at this school who really bring out the best in the students and they can even instill a love of learning in the most disinterested student. There are many clubs and activities to involve students and keep them interested and inspired.

I can't think of anyone who SHOULDN'T attend this school! This school has so much to offer it would be a shame not to recommend it to someone!

ALLISON

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a senior in highschool about college I would definitely inform myself of the challenges you will be facing. I would tell myself to be prepared for the work load and to work hard for good grades because in end my career will depend on this. I would tell myself to be prepared and ready for a work load that will require alot of studying and research. I would also tell myself to present myself to professor in a professional manner by showing up to class on time and completing assignments on time as required by my professor. I would also tell myself to be prepared to face the fact that you are surrounded by people from different ethnic background, from different walks of life and people who will have an opinion that you need to respect because here in highschool people are restricted from expressing themselves and their opinions about certain issues that affect us as americans today and years ago.

I consider the best thing about my school is that is a small campus. I like that is it a small school because I have more interaction with teachers and tutors if I need it. If I was at big university I know I wouldn't get the same advantages as I get at this school I am attending. I also like that I have many resources to help with assignments.

When I brag to friends about my school I tell them about how I get more interaction with my teacher because of the small class sizes. I feel a smaller class size for no more than 30 students is better than a class with 300 or more students. I brag to them about the assistant and help you can get to complete papers, research projects, math assignments and more.

Glorida

If I were talking to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to go to school right away don't wait. Sit down and write out a short and long term goal for the future keeping in mind the lifestyle desired 5 to 10 years down the road. Then choose a school that offers your desired degree. Go to the campus talk to career advisors and financial aid counselors to be sure you know and understand what is expected of you as a student, and from them as the staff. It is ok to not know which path you want to take at this time but, be sure to do your homework check out each option carefully don't take unnecessary courses. Consider living with parents to reduce living expenses. Develop good study habits and surround yourself with peers who have a goal to met with determination to complete them. Stay focused, keep your work load manageable, and if you don't do well on an assignment don't give up, just work even harder on the next one. You can acheive any goal if you stay focused on the task at hand.

The helpful staff members are the best. The advisors in the finacial aid department are willing to help you to understand your status, money is in accounts on time and you don't deal with cash money because they will put it on a MasterCard for you. Career advisors are very helpful as far as assisting you with career decisions. The career center on campus is open to test your skill sets and recomend a career for you. The directors of the different departments, such as Nursing, have also been a great help in answering questions about the course.

Parking is the worst. With the amount of students attending the school now the lots are mostly filled by 8am and students have to part on the greass far away from classes or in the overflow parking lot which is not paved. You have to get to school early to find a parking spot or risk being late while waiting for someone to come out of class and leave campus so you can take their parking spot.

Cindy

What I find unique about attending Manatee Community College is the beautiful campus setting, with its modern classrooms and continuous growth through new construction to offer more resources to its students. Also, Manatee Community College is in a transitional phase to offer bachelor degree programs and has in fact changed their name to State College of Florida to indicate this.

If I could go back in time to influence myself in high school about attending college, I would recommend to my high school self to develop better studying skills and to make long term and short term goals to help keep my eye on the prize and anticipate obstacles along the way by thinking through with creative solutions and not to get discouraged and quit. Further, I would tell myself that pursuing a degree requires other skills beyond studying and attending class; it requires vision for the future, to see what life you want, because regardless of the fact that you may not feel driven to pursue a career in high school, you will not always be in high school. Out there is a life that will include financial and personal responsibilities, and regardless of whether or not you have a degree, you will have to work to meet those responsibilities. The difference is you can have some measure of stability and financial gain that a degree offers.

The kind of person that shouldn?t attend Manatee Community College would be someone with unlimited resources that doesn?t need to take advantage of the savings attending a community college offers. Also, that person, should be someone who isn?t intimidated to go straight to a 4-year university right out of high school or with no exposure to the college environment, as a community college offers an easy transition between high school and a 4-year university, by taking advantage of the more accessible resources by way of academic advisors and the administration staff.

Heather

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in High School, I would give myself alot of ideas. First, I would tell myself to take a small load at the beginning to get used to college techniques and study. Second, I would talk about getting help the minute I began having trouble with my courses. Third, I would find my learning style, then, practice techniques that would help me study. Fourth, I would make a time management schedule. Fifth, I would apply for scholarships to make my college experience less stressful. Concluding, my experience in college has taught me several successful tips, however, I do wish I knew all these techniques at my first attempt to college eleven years ago.

The type of person who should not attend Manatee Community College, is an unmotivated person. Someone who does not like to study, read, and do homework. Also, a person who will not take college seriously, should not attend. The reason, is they fill up enrollment, therefore, they take space in a classroom that could be for an enthusiastic learner.

The most frustrating thing about Manatee Community College is finacial aid. First, financial aid usual has a long line of people. Second, if I call financial there is a long holding time, or if I leave a message it can take a couple days for them to get back to me.

Caitlin

Manatee Community College is a beneficial, and challenging learning environment with a diversity in student ethnicity as well as a highly trained faculty, most of whom posess a doctorate in their field, enabling students with a more advanced level of expertise in his/her educational experience.

Manatee Community College is the first college I have attended, but it is evident that from these past two years that this college is unique. The atmosphere in and around the campus is peaceful, and beautifully landscaped. When a student first starts college, he/she should have an ease in transition, allowing for greater chance of success. MCC provides students with a beginning that they can build on; gradually increasing the difficulty of courses, making it easier for students to work towards individual success, and feasible goals. The students and faculty are friendly, and make one feel at home.

Making the transition to college was especially difficult for me. I was a bit of a procrastinator, waiting ten years after high school graduation to go back to school. I wouldn't consider it a mistake, but rather a learning experience I could never have accquired in college. Now that I have returned to college at the age of 32, I find myself taking my studies far more seriously, and am completely devoted to my goals. I have earned a 3.95 in my Associates degree, and have been accepted into an honor society, Phi Theta Cappa. Looking back, I wouldn't change any decisions I have made as they all have helped to sculpt me into the person I am today. Returning to school later in life was the right choice for me. I learned who I was, and what I wanted to do in life, and when I was ready I gave it my all. College has given me the uttmost confidence in myself to pursue and conquer every personal goal. My advice to myself would be to keep challenging myself, and continue following through with success and determination.

Erica

I would begin by reflecting on the road blocks that I created for myself as a colloge student and then I would begin by saying this. Erica, you are a single mother of one child and how do you suppose that you are going to be able to financially support you and a child without a higher education. I would than tell myself that college is not to be taking likely I would encourage myself to set goals and have a time frame in which I should be finish with college. I would reinforce myself to only take courses that are needed for me to obtain my degree. I would also tell myself not to sign up for any courses that can not be given a 100% effort in passing with a grade A or B. I would say set high academic standards and achieve them by any means necessary. I would say Erica college can be an exciting, fun, and rewarding experience, but you only get what you put into it. So with that being said take nothing for granted always do your best and aim high because the sky is the limit. Know your resources and have fun.

A person who has not set down and thought about the resposibility that college can have on your life. College can have an affect on your life in a number of ways fiancially and personally in my own personal experience with college I feel that one can have a better success rate if they are fully aware of the hard work and sacrafices that they will have to put into college in order to succceed.

How excited I am when I do well on a test and when I pass a course just knowing that I am getting closer to my graduation date is a feeling that I can not explain, but one that I will never forget .

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.