Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Matthew

I would tell myself to reserch more befor aplying to a college and not to rush to pick one. I would also tell myself to have done better in school because you will need it in the long run.

Nikki

Manatee Community College can be incredibly helpful, the teachers are all pretty nice, and the classes are very informative; overall, it's a great school to attend.

If could go back in time, I would tell my senior self to not be discouraged and to continue to work hard. College can be tough at times but it's all worth it in the end. I'd tell myself to stay on task, school comes first. If you get all of your work done as soon as possible, you can have more fun. I know it's hard, but you can do it. Just be thankful that you have the opportunity to learn because so many people don't. Working is never fun, I know, but it increases your knowledge and you get another step closer to the finish line by doing it. Stay strong and keep going.

Personally, I consider the classes to be the best thing at my school. They are rather informative and you learn things you'll use later in life. You get classes that fit with your major, so you're not stuck wth classes you don't really need.

Britnie

State College of Florida, previously Manatee Community College is most known for being affordable and really getting your money's worth. In today's economy, it seems impossible to be able to afford college. I grew up with my single mother, and financially, going to a big state university was never an option for me. State College of Florida has made it possible for me to attend school and enjoy it. I feel like I get the same education, if not better, than some of my friends that attend big colleges and universities.

My biggest piece of advice would be to not be so naive about the costs of going to college. I was raised by my single mother, and it was always made very clear that she would try to help me as much as possible in college financially, but that I would need to apply for scholarships. I was an independent person growing up and did everything on my own. A typical teenage who thinks she has the right answers to everything. That being said, I never took the time to sit down and talk to somebody about the financial aid that is available. I thought that all I would need was my Bright Futures scholarship because it "pays 75% of my tuition". I failed to calculate all of the things that happen along with the tuition bill. Now a sophmore in college, I am struggling to keep up with all of my school bills. It would have been nice to have this knowledge and understanding 3 years ago when I was in high school so I could focus all of my attention on school instead of my college bills.

Recently, our school became a state college, and with that came a larger population of students. For the past year and a half, it has been relatively easy to find parking, get into the classes you'd like, or be able to simply walk into the academic advising office and meet with someone. Now all of those things are long gone. The school has near twice as many students as it used to have and it's created a new type of atmosphere around the school.

Candice

If I could could go back in time and give myself advice in High School, I would definately tell myself not to lose focus in my last year of High School. Unfortunately during my junior year, I lost my older sister along with my focus and my grades started to slide. I only wish I continued working hard in school and had applied for as much scholarships as possible in order to go to college. The time off from school is not worth the struggle that I would be faced with trying to raise two children on my own, starting college at the age of 28 and still struggling to find work without the proper education. I only wish I had the opportunity to enjoy my college education in my youth, had the opportunity to study abroad and experience life and different cultures. I wish I finished my career education prior to having children, this way I would be able to provide for them without the hardships of life weighing down on me. Their is so much education out there that I would love to have but sometimes I feel as though my time is limited.

I enjoy the fact that my school is less than 10 minutes away form my home. I also enjoy the fact that my classes are not too overcrowded and if need be I can find the time to meet with my teacher and not get lost in the crowd. Its nice to be seen and to know that your professor knows your name.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some courses require a Lab but instead of letting you pick classes and labs that fit my schedule. I must pick classes that are already paired to a lab at a time that is may not be convenient for me. They should offer the classes and their labs openly so we can plan our schedules accordingly. Also i wish that my campus offered on campus childcare for people who are required to attend classes after-hours. This would definately open up the class availabilities for parents of young children.

Crystal

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that the cliche "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." isn't just a meaningless cliche. It's a well thought out truth. I would tell myself that no matter how tought the first year of college may seem do not under any circumstances give up because even though you may be nearing the end of High School you will be stepping into the first day of the rest of your life once you make that decision to persue your dreams and continue your education. Life is not easy and if you do not carefully choose each step you take and each action you make you may find out that right around the corner the grass isn't even green. Keep your head up, your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut and everything else will fall into place. College is a BIG step but it is definately the BEST step to a brighter, happier, healthier future not only for you but for your entire family. HANG IN THERE!

I would have, without a doubt, told myself to waste no time and be assertive about my education. In 2004, I took the opportunity to move to Japan- even if it meant giving up public schooling for 2 years of distance learning. Although it was one of the best paths chosen in my life, but I could have made that decision better by furthering my education after graduation. At that time, school just seemed like an inconvenience and a waste of time. Looking back at it all, I wish I could have told myself to start immediately after graduating high school. Not only would it have helped me excell to my fullest potential, but I could be better off than I am right now. I've learned that college education opens doors and the certifications aren't just an article of paper; it's something that a person has for the rest of their lives and can be proud of. I would have also told myself that the more I wait, the harder it is to find time. Each day that you procrastinate is one day wasted of your future.

Aksiniya

I like my school due to the following reasons, its nice and its easy to get around, all the teachers are extremely nice and helful and it is close to where i live.

My classmates are very helpfull and understanding.

I would deffinately take high school more serious and do a lot more. I would take more college classes and be invlolved in more college and high school activities. If i would have known that by doing good or better or even taking some extra classes in high school would help me a lot after that i would have done it absolutely.

Jeanine

My school is accomodating and fair and offers opportunities for students in all stages of life.

My college is known for its excellent value and for the availability and ease it provides people in our community to attend college.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say to take myself a LOT less seriously! I would also tell myself that just because school was easy for me in high school, doesn't mean that college will be. The opportunity to attend college is not available to everyone and I should study more and appreciate this time in my life instead of rushing through it. I would also advise myself to explore different interests. If there are classes offered on a topic I'm interested in, take this opportunity to learn all I can about it and soak up all the information I can. Lastly, I would remind myself that the relationships formed at this time in my life will provide valuable connections in my future. Get to know my professors, they will be my mentors. Network with others in the same major, they will one day be my co-workers. Cultivate the friendships I will make, they will be lifelong friends. And don't marry the first boy I date. There will be others.

Justin

I try not to dwell on my past and do not regret what I have done, but there are a few things I would do differently if given the chance. I would tell myself to buckle down and focus all my energies toward school. My grades in high school were not the best and I missed a valuable opportunity to get bright futures and numerous other scholarships. I was just ignorant then and realize now how important good grades and scholarships really are. Books and tuition cost an arm and a leg and I am working like a slave to pay for them. I would also tell myself to really start thinking about what to major in. I could not make up my mind until my sophomore year in college and I am now slightly behind in classes. If you decide early then you can plan accordingly to get your schedule on track, saving you time and money. If I could tell my highschool senior self the things I know today, it would not solve all my problems but it would certainly put me in a better position financially.

The best thing about my institution is the class sizes. The class sizes allow for much more personal, one on one attention from the professors. This creates a much more comfortable learning environment, so students can ask questions and not feel left behind. The teachers are always willing to make time to help you as well as any employee on the campus. The campus isn't the biggest in the world, but it definately has its benefits.

There aren't many bad things about my school, but if I had to pick one thing , it would be the amount of four year degrees available. Currently the only four year degree available is in nursing, which doesn't help those of us that want to pursue another degree. The school is growing rapidly so I am sure more and more will be available soon.

Candice

Stay focused and stay on your P's and Q's because in the end it is all worth taking the time out to go to college and study "A proven method of education." Don't let failures get in the way of what you want. You are going to have children one day and they count on you to be the best role modle you could be. You are smarter than you think you are and you can be the best and finish everything you want to accomplish. Put your best foot forward and you will come out on top!!

I wish i had known that the school has made changes for everyone to become the successsfull business men and women. The time and effort you put into your work is something that they take pride in helping you with.

Someone who does not intend to make a difference in their life and or others. Those who do not seek additional information about getting a degree and make a living for themselves. A person who will not take life or anything seriously.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.