Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Candice

Stay focused and stay on your P's and Q's because in the end it is all worth taking the time out to go to college and study "A proven method of education." Don't let failures get in the way of what you want. You are going to have children one day and they count on you to be the best role modle you could be. You are smarter than you think you are and you can be the best and finish everything you want to accomplish. Put your best foot forward and you will come out on top!!

I wish i had known that the school has made changes for everyone to become the successsfull business men and women. The time and effort you put into your work is something that they take pride in helping you with.

Someone who does not intend to make a difference in their life and or others. Those who do not seek additional information about getting a degree and make a living for themselves. A person who will not take life or anything seriously.

hugh

My school is know for its small classes and our excelent professors.

My school is know for its small classes and our excelent professors.

If I went back in time as a high school senior I would to myself to get serious. Don't take school for granted, you came this far you must set some goals. Apply for scholarships and do something about your gpa because it doesnt look pretty. Get with an advisor and ask them how you can get into a good college and how to get the money you need. Stop being lazy and have mom and dad take you to a college fair and visit some schools. This is your last year so study hard and pass all your classes with flying colors. I know you can do it. Go on!

I would have to say peole who like to get attention and help with their homeworks.

Johanna

Assuming I could go back in time and speak with my high school senior self, the most important piece of advice I'd give myself is to remember my dream and hold onto my passion. Classes can be tough. Everyone has a subject they're good at and a subject they're not good at. For me, math has always been a struggle. My major is Biomedical Science, which requires a lot of math. I would tell myself that there will be nights of homework where it all seems pointless and too hard. But I need to remember why I'm doing this. I need to remember that I'm not going to school just to get a piece of paper that tells me I'm smart. I'm going to school to become a veterinarian and save lives. I would advise myself that everytime I feel like giving up and trying an easier career to go cuddle with my dog and think of the good I could do for her and for other pets who make life worth living for so many other people. This passion for animals will carry me though all the ups and downs of college.

The worst thing about MCC is that because the nursing program has become a full four year degree, the school is now considered a four-year college, no matter what your major is. This is a problem because it means that if a person has bright futures scholarships for 100% of community colleges and 75% of universities, that persons scholarship now only covers 75% of their tuition even though their major may not be nursing.

The kind of person who should attend this school is the type fresh out of high school or duel enrollment students still in high school. MCC has a lot to offer students who are just looking to get a feel for college and discover the perfect career for them. The staff is friendly and helpful and students are always willing to help tutor anyone struggling. The nursing program is also one of the best around. Anyone interested in the medical field should consider attending MCC for their highly accredited nursing program.

Trisha

If I could go back in time and give myself advice regarding the transition from high school to college, I would tell myself to take all of my general education courses first at a community college. By taking the general education courses, it allows you time to consider all of your options for college. Attending a community college first allows you to stay close to home and gain the much needed maturity before venturing to a major university. Community colleges also offer cheaper tuition with fully transferrable credits. This option also allows the opportunity for young students to fully evaluate their direction of study.

The worst thing about my school is dealing with the financial aid office. They never seem to take the time to explain things to you in depth. They will answer simple questions as quickly as possible and seem to try to rush you out of there as quickly as possible.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the telephone system. There are way too many buttons to press to reach someone who can guide you in the right direction. Then usually when you reach someone they will not answer your questions over the phone, even simple questions.

Clayton

As an older student returning to the college scene, the staff at my school has gave me alot of hope and encouragement and has made the transition a smooth one.

Young. I actually find myself giving my younger male classmates advice on how to carry themselves in thier daily travels and giving life advice in general.

Clayton. this is your life. What you do and the decisions that you make now will have a big effect on the rest of your life. College life is fun and challenging. It comes with alot of distractions but most important, keep your eye on the prize. You will have fun, meet new lifetime friends but in turn, you'll have to work hard. If you do this, it's a win win situation. Having a good education not only opens doors, but builds you self respect and self esteem to a place you couldn't even imagine

melissa

my school has alot of different time classes an online classes for those who cant get off wor, this is important yo need to pay bills and finish a career.

i would go back and start working with he anial controle people. to get my foot in the door for college. help get animals offf the streets. get them the care they need at an afforsdable cost.

i brag that i am in schoo for veteranian i am some day going to own land have make a health department for animals, since they are our best friends. everyoneneed nmedical care at low cost, i want to become a low cost vet. i believe we need to giveback to our gret pets when the need something and cant afford it, iwould love to go by peoples income on a sliding scale fee too help the m out.

Katina

My classmates are diverse, but at the same time, very open-minded and friendly.

My classmates are diverse, but at the same time, very open-minded and friendly.

This school is a community school, whereas the other schools I've looked at are all private universities. This school is very opened to what the students have to say, all the students are very involved and friendly. The faculty and staff are also very well trained in their departments and are always available to help students. The class sizes are smaller too, which is nice because the teacher can help each of us individually easily.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not wait a year to go to college. The transition is not too hard, but it is not like high school. High school teachers give you second and third chances to get it right, but college proffessors don't care. You get one chance and if you fail, you fail. Plain and simple. It took a lot of will power to finally get back to school, so I would say just go for it and do it. Don't wait for a year or even six months. College life is much more of an independant lifestyle that high school. In college you mostly have to depend on yourself to get up and go and take care of things. It is a hard transition, but after a while, it gets easier.

Brian

My school is a very good school to go to for a number of interesting associate degrees

I honestly would not change a thing. I graduated high school with no intention of going to college. That changed after a couple years of working at some very tough jobs and not making a good enough income for myself to live comfortably. I am interested in the business management field and now I am more driven towards getting a higher education after working at those tough jobs than I would ever be after going to college right after graduating high school. I guess that old saying, you live and you learn really worked for me. I tried to live the life of a high school graduate and pretty much lived paycheck to paycheck and now I have learned that to have a rewarding and high paying career, one must pursue some form of higher education.

My math professor who is name is Mary Beth Headlee. She is by far the best professor I have taken at Manatee Community College. She is very understanding and makes sure her students understand material in a sometimes tough subject.

Jonathan

Knowing what I know now, I would go back in time and tell myself to pull my head out of my own but and put my nose back into the books. Of course, I was a lost sole back in high school so I probably would not have listened to my future self. However, I must admit, despite the fact that I am 36 years old and just now going back to school to develop my own career, I know that I made mistakes years ago during and after high school, but they were mistakes that I needed to make in order for me to be the person that I am today. And I really like this person. I would not be who I am today if I was not who I was 20 years ago and for that I am thankful.

Unfortuately with the economy the way it is, more families are being forced to send the kids to the community schools just to at least get them started. I like our campus. They accept a wide diverse range of students that are will to apply themselves and advance their skills. As long as the student is committed to their education every student should be allowed to attend.

I tell my friends and family most about MCC's small campus and how comforatable it is to approach the professors. Small class sizes are a big plus as well. But most of all I brag about my own accomplishments with my grades and my efforst in achieving those grades.

Christina

My school is all about pushing their students to succeed.

My school is all about pushing their students to succeed.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior about college I would have a mouthful to say. I would want to express the importance of being independent. College is not like high school. There is not someone there to hold your hand and guide you through everything. There is assistance provided but it is up to you as an individual to make sure you have everything that you need and that you get it done. Also I would want to express as much a possible how important it is to look for as much financial assistance as possible. College is not cheap. There is so much money out there that is used to help students who want to continue their education you just need to take the time and look for it. The last thing that I would want to say to myself would be that, "in the end all of the hard work, time and dedication will pay off and good luck."

Someone that shouldn't attend this school is someone that has no drive to continue their education or someone that does not want to pursue a path to a better life. That is what college is all about. Trying to better ones life.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.