Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

I would have, without a doubt, told myself to waste no time and be assertive about my education. In 2004, I took the opportunity to move to Japan- even if it meant giving up public schooling for 2 years of distance learning. Although it was one of the best paths chosen in my life, but I could have made that decision better by furthering my education after graduation. At that time, school just seemed like an inconvenience and a waste of time. Looking back at it all, I wish I could have told myself to start immediately after graduating high school. Not only would it have helped me excell to my fullest potential, but I could be better off than I am right now. I've learned that college education opens doors and the certifications aren't just an article of paper; it's something that a person has for the rest of their lives and can be proud of. I would have also told myself that the more I wait, the harder it is to find time. Each day that you procrastinate is one day wasted of your future.

Aksiniya

I like my school due to the following reasons, its nice and its easy to get around, all the teachers are extremely nice and helful and it is close to where i live.

My classmates are very helpfull and understanding.

I would deffinately take high school more serious and do a lot more. I would take more college classes and be invlolved in more college and high school activities. If i would have known that by doing good or better or even taking some extra classes in high school would help me a lot after that i would have done it absolutely.

Jeanine

My school is accomodating and fair and offers opportunities for students in all stages of life.

My college is known for its excellent value and for the availability and ease it provides people in our community to attend college.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say to take myself a LOT less seriously! I would also tell myself that just because school was easy for me in high school, doesn't mean that college will be. The opportunity to attend college is not available to everyone and I should study more and appreciate this time in my life instead of rushing through it. I would also advise myself to explore different interests. If there are classes offered on a topic I'm interested in, take this opportunity to learn all I can about it and soak up all the information I can. Lastly, I would remind myself that the relationships formed at this time in my life will provide valuable connections in my future. Get to know my professors, they will be my mentors. Network with others in the same major, they will one day be my co-workers. Cultivate the friendships I will make, they will be lifelong friends. And don't marry the first boy I date. There will be others.

Justin

I try not to dwell on my past and do not regret what I have done, but there are a few things I would do differently if given the chance. I would tell myself to buckle down and focus all my energies toward school. My grades in high school were not the best and I missed a valuable opportunity to get bright futures and numerous other scholarships. I was just ignorant then and realize now how important good grades and scholarships really are. Books and tuition cost an arm and a leg and I am working like a slave to pay for them. I would also tell myself to really start thinking about what to major in. I could not make up my mind until my sophomore year in college and I am now slightly behind in classes. If you decide early then you can plan accordingly to get your schedule on track, saving you time and money. If I could tell my highschool senior self the things I know today, it would not solve all my problems but it would certainly put me in a better position financially.

The best thing about my institution is the class sizes. The class sizes allow for much more personal, one on one attention from the professors. This creates a much more comfortable learning environment, so students can ask questions and not feel left behind. The teachers are always willing to make time to help you as well as any employee on the campus. The campus isn't the biggest in the world, but it definately has its benefits.

There aren't many bad things about my school, but if I had to pick one thing , it would be the amount of four year degrees available. Currently the only four year degree available is in nursing, which doesn't help those of us that want to pursue another degree. The school is growing rapidly so I am sure more and more will be available soon.

Candice

Stay focused and stay on your P's and Q's because in the end it is all worth taking the time out to go to college and study "A proven method of education." Don't let failures get in the way of what you want. You are going to have children one day and they count on you to be the best role modle you could be. You are smarter than you think you are and you can be the best and finish everything you want to accomplish. Put your best foot forward and you will come out on top!!

I wish i had known that the school has made changes for everyone to become the successsfull business men and women. The time and effort you put into your work is something that they take pride in helping you with.

Someone who does not intend to make a difference in their life and or others. Those who do not seek additional information about getting a degree and make a living for themselves. A person who will not take life or anything seriously.

hugh

My school is know for its small classes and our excelent professors.

My school is know for its small classes and our excelent professors.

If I went back in time as a high school senior I would to myself to get serious. Don't take school for granted, you came this far you must set some goals. Apply for scholarships and do something about your gpa because it doesnt look pretty. Get with an advisor and ask them how you can get into a good college and how to get the money you need. Stop being lazy and have mom and dad take you to a college fair and visit some schools. This is your last year so study hard and pass all your classes with flying colors. I know you can do it. Go on!

I would have to say peole who like to get attention and help with their homeworks.

Johanna

Assuming I could go back in time and speak with my high school senior self, the most important piece of advice I'd give myself is to remember my dream and hold onto my passion. Classes can be tough. Everyone has a subject they're good at and a subject they're not good at. For me, math has always been a struggle. My major is Biomedical Science, which requires a lot of math. I would tell myself that there will be nights of homework where it all seems pointless and too hard. But I need to remember why I'm doing this. I need to remember that I'm not going to school just to get a piece of paper that tells me I'm smart. I'm going to school to become a veterinarian and save lives. I would advise myself that everytime I feel like giving up and trying an easier career to go cuddle with my dog and think of the good I could do for her and for other pets who make life worth living for so many other people. This passion for animals will carry me though all the ups and downs of college.

The worst thing about MCC is that because the nursing program has become a full four year degree, the school is now considered a four-year college, no matter what your major is. This is a problem because it means that if a person has bright futures scholarships for 100% of community colleges and 75% of universities, that persons scholarship now only covers 75% of their tuition even though their major may not be nursing.

The kind of person who should attend this school is the type fresh out of high school or duel enrollment students still in high school. MCC has a lot to offer students who are just looking to get a feel for college and discover the perfect career for them. The staff is friendly and helpful and students are always willing to help tutor anyone struggling. The nursing program is also one of the best around. Anyone interested in the medical field should consider attending MCC for their highly accredited nursing program.

Trisha

If I could go back in time and give myself advice regarding the transition from high school to college, I would tell myself to take all of my general education courses first at a community college. By taking the general education courses, it allows you time to consider all of your options for college. Attending a community college first allows you to stay close to home and gain the much needed maturity before venturing to a major university. Community colleges also offer cheaper tuition with fully transferrable credits. This option also allows the opportunity for young students to fully evaluate their direction of study.

The worst thing about my school is dealing with the financial aid office. They never seem to take the time to explain things to you in depth. They will answer simple questions as quickly as possible and seem to try to rush you out of there as quickly as possible.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the telephone system. There are way too many buttons to press to reach someone who can guide you in the right direction. Then usually when you reach someone they will not answer your questions over the phone, even simple questions.

Clayton

As an older student returning to the college scene, the staff at my school has gave me alot of hope and encouragement and has made the transition a smooth one.

Young. I actually find myself giving my younger male classmates advice on how to carry themselves in thier daily travels and giving life advice in general.

Clayton. this is your life. What you do and the decisions that you make now will have a big effect on the rest of your life. College life is fun and challenging. It comes with alot of distractions but most important, keep your eye on the prize. You will have fun, meet new lifetime friends but in turn, you'll have to work hard. If you do this, it's a win win situation. Having a good education not only opens doors, but builds you self respect and self esteem to a place you couldn't even imagine

melissa

my school has alot of different time classes an online classes for those who cant get off wor, this is important yo need to pay bills and finish a career.

i would go back and start working with he anial controle people. to get my foot in the door for college. help get animals offf the streets. get them the care they need at an afforsdable cost.

i brag that i am in schoo for veteranian i am some day going to own land have make a health department for animals, since they are our best friends. everyoneneed nmedical care at low cost, i want to become a low cost vet. i believe we need to giveback to our gret pets when the need something and cant afford it, iwould love to go by peoples income on a sliding scale fee too help the m out.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.