State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota Top Questions

Some instructors are either too leniant and don't teach you much, or the other extreme, where they are too hard on the students and most fail the class and get discouraged.

Kamal

The most frustrating thing about SCF would be that if it rains there are no awnings over the sidewalks inbetween buildings. So for instance, if you need to get to your bio lab from the lecture and you have your laptop with you, then you are going to have to find away to get across the walkway without ruining your laptop or books and notes.

There were not many clubs and school activities.

Thelogust

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about State College of Florida is the lack of classes for the times most needed by myself and others. I would like to see my college focus around the classes that fill up first or the fastest to provide more classes around that time since it is the most demanded of all. This would enable everyone to complete the classes they need at a time that is best suited for them.

There are many things that frustrate me about my school. The most frustrating thing about school for me is paying for it. The finances needed for school is a heavy burden on me. Having to rely on financial aids is my only hope for being able to attend college. Due to the crisis of this economy or recession that the United States is in money has become an object that is hard to earn and keep. In addition to needing money for school I also need money for classes and books.

Melinda

The only frustrating thing about my school would be the commute. the time and gas that it takes to get to The Bradenton Campus from the area of Venice.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not the classes or anything academic wise. Other students and myself find parking completely rediculious. Driving up and down rows of a parking lot for 10 minutes or more gets quite frustrating and irritating and it somtimes causes you to be late to class.

The most frustrating thing about Manatee Community College is finacial aid. First, financial aid usual has a long line of people. Second, if I call financial there is a long holding time, or if I leave a message it can take a couple days for them to get back to me.

Britnie

Recently, our school became a state college, and with that came a larger population of students. For the past year and a half, it has been relatively easy to find parking, get into the classes you'd like, or be able to simply walk into the academic advising office and meet with someone. Now all of those things are long gone. The school has near twice as many students as it used to have and it's created a new type of atmosphere around the school.

Candice

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some courses require a Lab but instead of letting you pick classes and labs that fit my schedule. I must pick classes that are already paired to a lab at a time that is may not be convenient for me. They should offer the classes and their labs openly so we can plan our schedules accordingly. Also i wish that my campus offered on campus childcare for people who are required to attend classes after-hours. This would definately open up the class availabilities for parents of young children.

Trisha

The most frustrating thing about my school is the telephone system. There are way too many buttons to press to reach someone who can guide you in the right direction. Then usually when you reach someone they will not answer your questions over the phone, even simple questions.

The most frustrating thing for me about my school is the history department. My teacher in history lectures every class all class long. There's not enough hands on learning.