State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Alexandra

My experience at State College of Florida has been amazing. Most of the teachers I've had have been incredibly excited and passionate about what they're teaching and it's extremely refreshing. I actually enjoy going to class everyday. The campus is beautiful and kept very clean.

Virginia

State College of Florida is a good school to study in. The nursing program was very competitive to get in two years ago, but entrance exam was removed, so I am really glad about that. The only bad thing about the schools is that the bookstore sells some expensive textbooks, that are not affordable by everybody.

Andreia

Amazing staff. There is the Academic Resource Center that has free tutors to help you for free in any Math, Science, and Writing class you have. The tutors and students are very friendly. I am a college Sophomore and all the professors I had during all this time are amazing. They are always available, if they see you put the effort into your classes they will help you. They answer all your questions and are very passionate about their area of teaching. I loved my professors so far, and they actually made the class more enjoyable.

rachel

Dear Reader, I do not have much experience when it comes to colleges. I have only attended State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota for one semester last summer. From my experience though I will say I enjoyed my time at State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota. There are many reasons as to why but one particular instance that resinates in me to this day is how helpful and friendly the staff and students where. Everyone so eager and willing to help. Since I had never attended any college courses and hadn't been in school for nearly 5 years it was a bit overwhelming at first but to have had people so willing to assist with my success eased my mind and stress levels drastically. I was able to really focus on my academic courses at State College 0f Florida-Manatee-Bradenton and I look forward to attending the school agian in the future! Thank you, Rachel Romanok

Kristen

I believe this community college is a good transition college for those who plan on transferring to a university, like me, without having to pay university expenses all 4 years. However, for specific majors, this school is a cheap yet efficient way of getting a 4-year degree.

Randy

State College of Florida is so much more than just a community college. The tuition is more than affordable. Food is always served hot and fresh. Facilities are clean throughout the entire day. Extracurricular activities can be found from any of the clubs all the way to using the gym on campus for free. State College of Florida also provides price matching at the book store and jobs that pay well. Overall, State College of Florida is an exemplary institute that is fairly close and more than affordable. With everything that the school offers, every student receives any equal opportunity to become something more.

Alyssa

This is a great college to go to with so many resources to help you succeed. The people and professors alike want you to succeed and will do everything in their power to help. Many clubs to get involved in and would recommend doing so. Overall, I would recommend this school to someone who is going to transfer to a larger university or who likes smaller classes and needs an Associates degree.

Mickayla

State College of Florida is a quiet but also a private type of college because of the personal learning that takes place in the classroom, professors are very hands on and helpful with anything the students need. I am privileged to be taking classes here at State College of Florida.

Alena

I think it is a great entry to beginning a successful college career because they offer a number of helpful opportunities and tools that really support each student individually. The classes are very versatile being that there are three different campuses as well as both night and day classes so whether the student has a hectic or simple schedule, earning an education is made simple.

Jacob

Great stater school, perfect to transfer from. The campus are nice and well kept, there are multiple facilities and there is little disruptions from people. staff is friendly ans helpful and teachers as well. no real complaints just a basic school to start from

I thoroughly enjoy my time spent at SCF. I believe it is an amazing way to save money and earn an education. The campus is clean, beautiful and the class sizes are around 30 people, which is perfect. The professors are always available and ready to help, especially in the ARC.

Bailey

The classes are on the smaller side. All of the teachers I have had made the subject interesting and they have unique ways of teaching them. The campus is clean and nice. The people in the classes are nice and make it easy working in a group when necessary. Overall it is a good class. The only downside would be the scheduling and the mechanics of it but once this stuff is done it is a breeze. The tuition is not as expensive which is good as well.

Alexandra

It is a decent school, I am looking forward to transferring to a university, but it is a good stepping stone to college from high school due to the small class sizes. I enjoy my professors being so easily accessible, and the small workload I've had..

Kelli

I love the school. Professors are easy to contact, helpful and really enjoy their jobs. Small class sizes make it nice for one on one help when needed. The campus is clean and always well maintained. Students are personable and study groups are encouraged and welcomed.

Savanah

I have had both good and bad experiences while attending the State College of Florida. I have enjoyed most of my professors and found that they are very encouraging. My genera psychology professor, Tammy Peterson, actually helped my find my current degree program. Because of her and the other staff at State College of Florida, I have found my calling and I am on the path to success.

Yousef

State College of Florida is an excellent low cost option for post secondary education. There is no on campus housing and most students work locally and live at home with family. That takes away from the typical college social life experience. However, the academic courses are great and the school support services are outstanding. The counselors are easy to talk to and always available.

Brooke

The South branch is not a large campus like a State University since this was a Community College. There are no sports, no variety for eating - just a standard lunch room with limited items like salads, etc. For a school campus working toward a two year degree - it is fine for my needs.

Roberto

I really like how the campus is very clean and safe all the time! I like how the professors are accessible at all times and are always willing to help. I feel like the professors are very involved and look for different ways to get involved. I have been to 3 different schools while in the military (in different sates) but this is the best one I have gone to!

Emilee

The campus is easy to get around. If you're looking for a big school with lots of outside activities this is not it. But the classes are very small and the teachers are very accessible. The food in the Student Union is very very very good. Overall I am pleased with this campus and there are nice off campus apartments walking distance from the school.

Kyle

The school sucks; the people are completely stupid and retarded and they would not help you at all. The students sometime don't even graduate on time. They need help and the professors does not help them after class hours. They smoke and do other things, rather than help the students out.

Wafa

The State College of Florida is an excellent community college. It’s a very big campus and everyone is always happy. The environment is very peaceful and happy and every student is easy to get along with. I would defiantly recommend this community college to anyone that’s just getting out of high school or adults that would like to go back.

Yaremi

State College of Florida is a great college with amazing opportunities for people all ages. I am very proud to have attended this college and proud to be graduating from here with both my AA and High school. If it weren't for the opportunity the Collegiate school for the college offers, I don't know where I​ would be.

Paresh

The college is a great place to earn your AA degree. The professors are great and easily accessible. The majority of the class sizes range from 5 to 40 students. There are tutors and librarians to help students study and access information. There are not many clubs. The cafeteria food is delicious. There is also a Starbucks on campus. There is also a Union area for students to relax and play in. It is a great school to earn an AA degree on the cheap side, but that's really it.

Madison

For a community college, they provide an adequate amount of classes and some excellent professors. The student union is a relaxed space for students to congregate. My favorite place is the library. They provide amazing resources and an awesome selection of books. The librarians are some of the kindest, most helpful people I have ever met. Overall, SCF is a nice place to get your associates.

Summer

State College of Florida is a good school for students who want to get their AA first and then transfer to a University. This school prepares you for the career field you are wanting to pursue in. The professor also go over and beyond for student to succeed successfully at this community college.

Madelyn

My overall opinion of the state college of Florida- Manatee-Sarasota is great. I am a Dual enrollment student and they made me feel very welcome as if i was a full time college student. I am taking two courses, with less than 15 students in each. My professors are very nice, informative and always there if i need extra help.

Ayse

Becoming a college student could be scary and confusing. Instead of directly going to a large university, SCF is just right for beginners. After you get used to the college environment, there is a way to transfer which is a money-saving as well. For the two years of college, it totally makes sense to take classes at SCF because of the affordable tuition. If you want to take small steps first, SCF is waiting for you!!!

Chantal

I really like the student union in my college. It is centrally located on the campus and gives students an opportunity to eat, do homework or meet friends in between classes. Also I really like the diversity my school offers because it brings different people together.

Brandi

State College of Florida is a great stepping stone school. I've spent the past two years working on my associates degree so I can pursue a bachelors in fashion merchandising at a four year university. For someone transitioning into college life State College of Florida has been amazing. The campus is relatively small, the class sizes are no more than maybe fifty people, and the professors are willing to go the extra mile to help you. I have had such a great experience learning here and I truly feel as though I am prepared for the next step in my college career because of the help and guidance I've received at State College of Florida.

Loryn

This is an extremely good school to earn your Associate’s Degree at before transferring to another institution. The professors are very laidback and accessible and the smaller class sizes are good for receiving more help and attention. The cafeteria has good food and there are plenty of interesting people. I have really enjoyed my time here.

I was part of a dual enrolled program from the collegiate school on campus. For what it is, a community college, I think the value is impeccable. But if SCF is your last stop in your educational journey I say your highest prospects are probably local. Even though the campus is relatively old the facilities are very up to date. The college seems to always be doing renovations. Which can be annoying at times but means there are always new buildings and improvements. The campus and buildings are pretty high tech. I think a community college is a great first step for some students after highschool because its a gentler transition into a college life. And because SCF is such a small school you never get lost, its easy to get from place to place, and teachers are very accessible. The campus also feels extremely safe because its so small, the are usually plenty of campus security patrolling, and there aren't any scary, dark, sketchy corners or areas of campus.

Lacey

I was nervous to attend college for the first time, but the students and professors on campus made me feel very welcome. There is always a quiet place to study and do work and if you need any help, the professors are always willing to stay after class to help you! 10/10

Alyssa

This is a local school that solely focuses on academics, sports, and career readiness. Everyone is super friendly and ready to answer your questions!