New Paltz, NY
State University of New York at New Paltz

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State University of New York at New Paltz

Leslie

Attention College-bound students and parents: College is an exciting time in a young person's life. It's a time to grow academically, spiritually, and interpersonally. It's the first step towards adulthood. Of course before getting to this point, homework must be completed, tests and quizzes must be taken, participation in clubs and extracurricular activities must occur, and the dreaded SAT's must be taken!!! My advice to you is "Don't stress this process! Relax, take a deep breath! Set aside time to develop a plan! Follow through, and it'll be smooth sailing from there on out!" The most essential step in the college application process is visiting several schools. Upon the visit, ask the tour guides questions (they're friendly--trust me). If you apply to a handful (10 or more) just visit the ones that are closest and the top picks. Also, see if any schools offer a virtual tour on their websites. Additionally, apply for as many scholarships and grants that you can find (via the internet, school, family connections, etc). Finally (for students), upon choosing a school, MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR EXPERIENCE! Study hard and get involved on campus!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

I would have wanted to know more details about the extracirricular activities. In addition, I guess I would have liked to familarize myself with the racial demographic of the school (percentage wise) because as a fellow student it's good to know what the rest of the student body will be like. However, I'm not one to focus on a person's race as my friends are of all races, socioeconmic backgrounds, and religious beliefs. I would also like to have know what the favorite hotspots in town were, and fellow students' true opinions of the town and townsfolk.

Choosing classes for the Spring semester and the upcoming Fall 2008 semester was stressful . It became frustrating when the classes I wanted filled up before I got a chance to register. As a freshman, I got one of the last days and registration times. I made two alternate schedules in the event that things would go awry. While several classes that I wanted for the Spring and this Fall semester were unavailable, I was able to devise schedules that fulfilled credits for both the general education program and my major.

Diedra

My classmates are, funny, helpful, caring, basically there for you.

My classmates are, funny, helpful, caring, basically there for you.

Go to school were you feel most comfortable, learn the most about the school before you get there. when you get there stay in your books but, have fun, all work and no play is not a good plan. Be yourself and stay true to who you are.

The best thing is how friendly we are, you can meet a person once and say hello, and that person has a potentially to be a lifetime friend. People are very helpful and caring, were like one family, we may have issues at times but we stick together.

State University of New York at New Paltz administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.