New Paltz, NY
State University of New York at New Paltz

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State University of New York at New Paltz

Trenna

It if was possible to go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would have told myself to do better in writing, to have a better studying routine, and to not procrastinate so much. I would have told myself to focus more on getting work done and have a set time to do it and not let the work linger. I would have told myself to take more risks and not be so scared or self concious. I would have taugh myself to not stress or worry so much and just let things fall into place. I would have tried to make more friends and learned how to approach people I dont know or have never talked to. I would have taught myself how to have a healthy relationship and not be so scared to leave an unhealthy one. If I could go back in time I would have told myself to focus more on school instead of having a B average raise it up and achieve more. I would have told myself that I can do better and not aim for average and go beyond that.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be someone who is open minded, well rounded, have a good work ethic, and someone who is not afraid to try new things. This person needs to be ready to face difficult obstacles, be patient, understanding, have a great personality and be able to be around others. There is a variety of traits this person have have and they need to have a strong attitude and know when to be serious and focus on work.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that some students who have the ability to do so well dont achieve what they can do. I have alot of friends who just got the school like me, and they think that parties and going out is more important then studying or doing their work. Its very frustrating because when their grades come in they feel sorry for themselves and have alot of regret. I wish some students worked harder so it would save them the sorry to their parents who are paying for their education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot of useful information to share. As a senior in high school I wanted to attend a small private college as a chemistry and biology major. As a freshman in college I did just that. My advice to myself would be to take more time in my decision of which school to attend. I would also tell myself to consider factors such as possibly changing my major, distance from home, and the availability of a wide range of classes. Luckily for me I had the ability and support to transfer colleges and I found my fit at SUNY New Paltz as a psychology major. I would not change my college experience, but being more prepared for the freedom of what I could choose to learn about would be something I would of liked to be more open to during my college search during high school. I would tell myself to be open to the possibility that I have not yet discovered all the passions I have in life just yet.

A student who wants to be in small personal classes with others who share their interests should attend this school. A student who enjoys a small close-knit community campus would enjoy being here. Also any student who would like to be part of a student body that is passionate about community, rights, education, and whatever else is important to them then this school would be the perfect place to continue their education.

A student looking to be in large size classes and be just a number should not attend this school. A student who is looking to attend a school with a big sports reputation should also consider a differed college. The campus is on the small side so a student wishing to be part of a very large campus community should look elsewhere. Also anyone who is close-minded should not become a student at SUNY New Paltz because the campus and students are very diverse and unique.

Robert

This school is liberal, but understanding of everybody and helps people grow to know each other.

I would tell myself that college is a whole new world compared to high school. When in high school, you no longer have any of the stigmas that you may have gained in high school and you can become a whole new person, whoever you wish to be. College is an experience to let yourself grow and become whatever you want. Away from parents and high school may be scary at first, but you will grow to have a new family. In the end you must just be open.

This school has something for everyone. There are clubs and activities for every way of thinking here, and clubs are easy to create if one doesn't suit someone.

Alyson

I am absolutley loving my college experiance. I would congradulate myself as a high school senior for having the right idea.

The worst thing about SUNY New Paltz would be all of the g.e classes. I think they require too many.

INGRID

SUNY New Paltz is diverse,spontaneous, loving, welcoming, likeable,trustworthy and down to earth school which anyone can come and feel like that they are home.

SUNY New Platz is best known for it's communication degree, graphic design, education and pyschology degree.

If i can go back in time and tell my self about the college expiernece, it is challenging and worth it the expierience. Choosing to live in campus is a better choice because you will become more social,know what to improve academically. Walking around campus will let you know the hard work you went through high school and you deserve this. Try to be more social and to be scare to get out there and expierence the oppurtunity given to you. If their is a challenge be aware and try hard to overcome it.

Ariel

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to prove others wrong. I would tell myself to succeed in order to show others that you can, even when you are put down. I would tell myself that it is going to be a hard road ahead but with hard work and determination anything is possible. I would tell myself to always strive for the best while still remaining humble. Also, I would remind myself to never forget where I came from. College is a test of dedication and perseverance. Never let bad grades think you're not good enough, just work even harder to do better than before. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

The kind of person that should attend this school is a hardworking, intelligent, and dedicated student. The kind of person that will take advantage of SUNY New Paltz's many resources and many programs. A person that will make their teachers, and fellow students proud of their achievements made at this school. A student that will have school spirit, take part in the community and will work dilligently to show New Paltz that they deserve to be there.

A person who is not serious about their studies should not attend this school. SUNY New Paltz is a selective school that invests its' time, money and support into the students. A person who does not care about their future should also not attend this school. New Paltz offers many resources to help it's students succeed in school and in the real world.

Jaclyn

When I look around me each day in class, I see the same faces wide-eyed with interest in the subject with arms raised around the room asking new and insightful questions; together my classmates and I work together to learn more about the world around us.

Hello, Self. You are about to leave home today. I know for a fact that you will cry tonight, because of the friends, family, and boyfriend you left behind. You will hate it at your new school for a few days and feel as if you can't relate to any of your peers, because you've always seen yourself as more mature and serious than others your age. Don't worry, Self, you will find your friends. Your classes won't seem as overwhelming as you thought, and you even will succeed in straight A's your first semester. The advice I can give you is to not get too sad over leaving what you knew. Change is hard, and I know that you feel as if you are the only one who hates change, but you are wrong. You will find others who are just as sad, awkward, and mature as yourself, and are waiting to meet you. Let go a little, Self. Open up to your new friends! It will make those first few days of transition much easier.

The absolute best thing about my school is the small community in which it lies. There is such a warm sense of familiarity when I walk around my campus and the surrounding village. I'll walk downtown to eat sushi down the road then get a coffee at the corner, and I will always run into a friendly face. I see classmates working in stores, and teachers shopping about. That connection really makes my world at college like absolute fairy tale, as cheesy as that sounds.

Colleen

New Paltz is a unique learning nitch, nessled in the beautiful Hudson River Valley, where passionate, intelligent, open-minded people come to accomplish goals and to expand upon themselves.

New Paltz is best known for its friendly, welcoming atomosphere where ideas and thoughts are freely and openly discussed and knowledge is spread through this way of spreading ideas. People do not think twice about holding a door open or helping someone pick up their dropped books. Also, I had never met better listeners than here at New Paltz. The student and staff not only pay attention to what people say, but they take people words to heart, as if their words are an extension of their beings.

If I were to turn back time, to about six months ago, I would surely give myself some advice that would have made the transition to college a little more smooth. I would first tell myself to always trust my first instinct, and not to second guess myself. This is because by making a plan and sticking to it, college can seem a lot less confusing and new. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to keep up on the book readings! This was told to me so many times, but I felt as if skimming chapters would be sufficient. After cramming for many tests, I learned to read and reread full chapters, no matter how boring or tedious this task seemed. Finally, when going off to college, one never knows the background of those with whom they meet. Always keep in the back of your mind that "even though we both go to the same school, our situation can be very different, and the way we got here can also be very different." This advice will hopefully help in surrounding yourself with the best influences, and becoming the person who you want to become.

Shawn

Go to New Paltz first rather than to my other college choices. New Paltz has the perfect staff for me to accomplish my goals it uses technology just enough with the classroom work to incorporate it well.

The artistic, the open minded, those whom wish to learn whilst having more fun then should be allowed

there is certainly not room for those whom will not work well in the environment

Dominic

SUNY New Paltz, is an awesome school because the people are nice and you have teachers, tutors or councilors that will be able to help a student through college life. The food is excellent and they have good activities. This school as well as other schools helps you to establish friendships as well as relationships and it helps you to be academically focused when you are applying for a real job...

Students who are freshman in college, often find many challanges when it comes to adjusting to dorm life, learning and living. Some students do well their first year and some of them do not. It depends on what kind of student you are. After a while, you get use to the routine and you are able to do better as a college student. Just hang tight, do your best to get all the work finish and it will pay off. Don't work too hard, have some fun too. Be active and enjoy college, you'll be happy you did!

Sometimes in order for you to go to heaven, you have to go through hell. In high school, I had to go thorough test and exams to get to where I am and I'm proud of what I've done this far. In the future, I plan to better myself to be sucessful in whatever I do... Just hang in there and work hard!

State University of New York at New Paltz administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.