Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

David

(S)chool (F)or (A)lcoholics... not if you are weak at mind

(S)chool (F)or (A)lcoholics... not if you are weak at mind

Sfa Marching band, Football team and basketball

They can be great at times just don't trust everyone you meet.

Talena

I LOVE SFA! I know this may sound bias, but it's the best college ever. Everyone here is so nice and are always willing to make new friends. The faculty and professors are very very helpful. They want us to graduate and they do above and beyond to make sure their students have the best learning experience possible. The extra-curricular activities are awesome too, and there are so many clubs and organizations to choose from. And the sports programs are super fun. This university is amazing!

Cecily

We are probably best known for our football or basketball teams. Our female basketball team, the Ladyjacks, has won many tournaments.

Since I started college through the dual credit program when I was sixteen, I was able to make the transition from high school to college much more smoothly than if I had started simply jumped in as a full-time student after grauation. However, I would definitely go back in time to help my past-self decide which major to go into, and to tell myself not to worry about my future as a career woman. Before attending college, my only career leaning was artistic, which is a notoriously competitive and poorly-paying field. For this reason, I had a lot of anxiety about my future. However, attending Stephen F. Austin has led me to a new passion - information technology. I am very excited about my future career, now, and my past-self would probably be very happy to know that it has all worked out so far.

I usually brag about the beauty of the campus. We have an amazing forested area surrounding the school, and the exteriors of the buildings are all very elegant. I also brag about how friendly and passionate most of my professors are, and the experiences I get to have as a student here, such as field trips to Houston or Dallas art museums.

Briana

Briana, you have finally made it to your senior year of high school. Even though this seems like a time to panic and stress, this is the time to relax and focus on connecting with your friends. Your college acceptance is based on your junior year results, so as long as you make grades that show effort, your acceptances into college are final. It's going to be a lot harder than you expect to gain true friends and be accepted like you want to your freshman year, so stay strong, hold you head up, and make good use of the friends that you have now. College life is still definitely cut out for you. This high school pushes you so hard that your freshman year will be surprisingly easy. Like I said, there is no need to stress. The only thing you need to remember is that time management is the key to college. You can be involved in anything you want with no rules, just make sure your work gets done. Even hard core partiers can have great grades. And one last thing: Briana, actually go to the gym. The freshman 20 is real. Axe Em Jacks!

The best thing about my school is the ready availability of campus tutors whose fee is included in tuition. I is very convenient to have english majors check over your english papers and physics majors help you with your physics homework. The AARC, where the tutors are stationed, is my favorite and most used school resource. It is on the bottom floor of the library. That at makes it easy to ask them a quick question or make a long visit while doing homework at the library.

I would tell myself to treasure the times when books and going to school were free. I would also recommend to myself that I should get a job because I'm going to have to pay for college myself. College is a unique experience so loosen up a bit and enjoy the ride. You're going to go to a school that you love for a career that you are passionate about. Don't lose sight of that, and try not to stress yourself out too much. Also please stop being so scared of driving; you're going to spend a year biking two miles every day to campus in heat. You almost were hit twice and nearly fainted in the summer, so get over it already.

Make sure you know how far you live from campus and how you're going to get there. Biking 2 miles seems like a breeze but in Texas heat, it is far from it. Biking to class should only be an option if you live closer to campus.

The school is absolutely beautiful, living in the piney woods has its perks. The trees are captivating and the gardens deserve exploring.

Chelsea

Being away from home has opened my eyes alot. I thought going into school i was capable of doing anything on my own while handling the responsibility of maintaining my studies in school, but i was wrong. While i maintained my studies and did well in all my classes i had the wrong idea about being away from home. There were days that i was homesick, lost or needed the comfort of seeing familiar faces and places and while i felt like i was the only one who felt this way i held it in and would sometimes cry myself to sleep. I continued to remind my self why i was here for school and school only and while i had fun and made friends thats all that mattered at the end of the day, considering i was the first of my sibilings to attend at a university. So with that being said i would go back and tell myself to enjoy the last momens with my family and friends and to capture memories i could take with me to help me get through the rough times and to help make it feel more of a home while away.

The best thing at our school would have to be our school spirit and how competitive our student body is when it comes to our majors. Our school colors are purple, purple standing for loyalty, power, and ambition, which describes the SFA student body to a T. Everywhere you look our campus is covered in purple constantly reminding us of what we stand for and what we are capable of and that is how our student body continues to have this reputation of being competititve in our studies.

I wish i would of known about the weather and how much it is different from Houston. I packed for a cold winter but at times it was colder than what i would have exprected. Also i wish i would have known how involved our campus was in school activities and organizations. I had seen alot going on at freshman oreintation but i hadn't taken the time to see what was being offered at our school.

Oswaldo

The campus size is much smaller than the other universities I considered. As a result, my class sizes are substantially smaller averaging between fifteen to twenty-five students per lecture. I like the class size because it allows me to form a personal relationship with my professors and I feel like I do not get lost in the crowd. I do not like the idea of being in a a classroom with three hundred other students where the professor can not even call me by my first name.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to take advantadge of all the resources that were available to me at the time and to not be so scared. The counselers that could have helped me with financial aid, the seminars on how to apply for scholarships and aid and the dual credit classes that would have allowed me get ahead in my degree plan and saved me money in the long run. Time and time again I think back to all the general education classes I could have taken in high school and all the stress, money and time it could have saved me. I was scared I would not be able to handle it it high school but I should have followed my dreams and not been so scared of failing.

The aforementioned class size and how great it is to be able to have a conversation with my professors rather than a teaching assistant. I also think the faculty at my university is well known and renowned, and I love that I get to study with people of that caliber.

Shelby

Going into my freshman year of college, I thought I knew everything and that nothing could get in my way. But, man was I so wrong. If I could go back to the day I was graduating high school and give myself some advice I would tell myself three things. The first being it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to fail. Failure is inevitable in this new, scary, exciting adventure. I would also tell myself that in order to succeed, I must step out of my comfort zone and into the unknown. Nothing good happens if you're not willing to take some chances. The last thing would be, school's hard and extremely important, but don't let it be the only thing you focus on. There are going to be so many amazing opporunities in college, take advantage of them. I've only been in college for one semester, and I'm sure I will learn much more these next three and a half years. If I had known these three things, my first semster of college would have gone much more smoothly, but I also would not be the person I am today.

The absolute best thing about Stephen F. Austin State University is the fact that it is like a home to me and anybody you could ask. It is a small school in a decent size town and like I said, feels like home.

Any type of person should attend this school. It is a great school for anybody and everybody.

Kaylynn

Stephen F. Austin has a very diverse atmosphere.

Stephen F. Austin has a very diverse atmosphere.

It's feel like it's in the middle of nowhere, which is nice because it's surrounded by trees and very pretty.

Hello Kaylynn. Okay, first thing is first: Study, girl. Seriously, studying is your savior and you need to remember that. Also, read your textbooks. Yeah, in some classes you never even touch them, but in the classes where you do use them, textbooks are the greatest things in the college world. If you want to make friends and not just stay up in your room watching Netflix, talk to people! They are not as scary as you think. Make sure you make time for studying and doing homework, but you also need time for yourself and for friends. Now, your roommate is amazing. But her boyfriend... not so much. If you're getting annoyed with him, remember the library is your safe haven. This is your freshman year, make the most of it, but be smart. Make sure you pick the best classes for you and you pay attention. This first semester defines the rest of your college career. You have so much ahead of you and a lot of people on your side. I believe in you and so do they. Good luck.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.