Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

Stephen F. Austin is the perfect sized, homey campus to attend! Class sizes are relatively small, professors are kind and caring, there are many opportunities to be involved on campus and facilities are nice. As any university, parking can be a bit of a pain and I have had better financial aid experiences at other universities, but SFA is a great choice for a degree.

CHAMP
REAL REVIEW

BEST SCHOOL IN TEXAS. YOU LEARN AND PARTY NON-STOP

REAL REVIEW

BEST SCHOOL IN TEXAS. YOU LEARN AND PARTY NON-STOP

Monique
What are the most popular classes offered?

What are the most popular classes offered?

One of the most popular classes offered is SFA 101! This is a course that almost every student here at SFA is included in an d actually enjoys being in it. SFA 101 is a specially designed course for new students at SFA that earns students 1 semester hour of credit, and is proven to raise GPA and college retention. The SFA 101 instructors and student instructors also become great resources that has made our college days a positive experience!

David

(S)chool (F)or (A)lcoholics... not if you are weak at mind

(S)chool (F)or (A)lcoholics... not if you are weak at mind

Sfa Marching band, Football team and basketball

They can be great at times just don't trust everyone you meet.

Talena

I LOVE SFA! I know this may sound bias, but it's the best college ever. Everyone here is so nice and are always willing to make new friends. The faculty and professors are very very helpful. They want us to graduate and they do above and beyond to make sure their students have the best learning experience possible. The extra-curricular activities are awesome too, and there are so many clubs and organizations to choose from. And the sports programs are super fun. This university is amazing!

Cecily

We are probably best known for our football or basketball teams. Our female basketball team, the Ladyjacks, has won many tournaments.

Since I started college through the dual credit program when I was sixteen, I was able to make the transition from high school to college much more smoothly than if I had started simply jumped in as a full-time student after grauation. However, I would definitely go back in time to help my past-self decide which major to go into, and to tell myself not to worry about my future as a career woman. Before attending college, my only career leaning was artistic, which is a notoriously competitive and poorly-paying field. For this reason, I had a lot of anxiety about my future. However, attending Stephen F. Austin has led me to a new passion - information technology. I am very excited about my future career, now, and my past-self would probably be very happy to know that it has all worked out so far.

I usually brag about the beauty of the campus. We have an amazing forested area surrounding the school, and the exteriors of the buildings are all very elegant. I also brag about how friendly and passionate most of my professors are, and the experiences I get to have as a student here, such as field trips to Houston or Dallas art museums.

Briana

Briana, you have finally made it to your senior year of high school. Even though this seems like a time to panic and stress, this is the time to relax and focus on connecting with your friends. Your college acceptance is based on your junior year results, so as long as you make grades that show effort, your acceptances into college are final. It's going to be a lot harder than you expect to gain true friends and be accepted like you want to your freshman year, so stay strong, hold you head up, and make good use of the friends that you have now. College life is still definitely cut out for you. This high school pushes you so hard that your freshman year will be surprisingly easy. Like I said, there is no need to stress. The only thing you need to remember is that time management is the key to college. You can be involved in anything you want with no rules, just make sure your work gets done. Even hard core partiers can have great grades. And one last thing: Briana, actually go to the gym. The freshman 20 is real. Axe Em Jacks!

The best thing about my school is the ready availability of campus tutors whose fee is included in tuition. I is very convenient to have english majors check over your english papers and physics majors help you with your physics homework. The AARC, where the tutors are stationed, is my favorite and most used school resource. It is on the bottom floor of the library. That at makes it easy to ask them a quick question or make a long visit while doing homework at the library.

I would tell myself to treasure the times when books and going to school were free. I would also recommend to myself that I should get a job because I'm going to have to pay for college myself. College is a unique experience so loosen up a bit and enjoy the ride. You're going to go to a school that you love for a career that you are passionate about. Don't lose sight of that, and try not to stress yourself out too much. Also please stop being so scared of driving; you're going to spend a year biking two miles every day to campus in heat. You almost were hit twice and nearly fainted in the summer, so get over it already.

Make sure you know how far you live from campus and how you're going to get there. Biking 2 miles seems like a breeze but in Texas heat, it is far from it. Biking to class should only be an option if you live closer to campus.

The school is absolutely beautiful, living in the piney woods has its perks. The trees are captivating and the gardens deserve exploring.

Chelsea

Being away from home has opened my eyes alot. I thought going into school i was capable of doing anything on my own while handling the responsibility of maintaining my studies in school, but i was wrong. While i maintained my studies and did well in all my classes i had the wrong idea about being away from home. There were days that i was homesick, lost or needed the comfort of seeing familiar faces and places and while i felt like i was the only one who felt this way i held it in and would sometimes cry myself to sleep. I continued to remind my self why i was here for school and school only and while i had fun and made friends thats all that mattered at the end of the day, considering i was the first of my sibilings to attend at a university. So with that being said i would go back and tell myself to enjoy the last momens with my family and friends and to capture memories i could take with me to help me get through the rough times and to help make it feel more of a home while away.

The best thing at our school would have to be our school spirit and how competitive our student body is when it comes to our majors. Our school colors are purple, purple standing for loyalty, power, and ambition, which describes the SFA student body to a T. Everywhere you look our campus is covered in purple constantly reminding us of what we stand for and what we are capable of and that is how our student body continues to have this reputation of being competititve in our studies.

I wish i would of known about the weather and how much it is different from Houston. I packed for a cold winter but at times it was colder than what i would have exprected. Also i wish i would have known how involved our campus was in school activities and organizations. I had seen alot going on at freshman oreintation but i hadn't taken the time to see what was being offered at our school.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.