Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

Oswaldo

The campus size is much smaller than the other universities I considered. As a result, my class sizes are substantially smaller averaging between fifteen to twenty-five students per lecture. I like the class size because it allows me to form a personal relationship with my professors and I feel like I do not get lost in the crowd. I do not like the idea of being in a a classroom with three hundred other students where the professor can not even call me by my first name.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to take advantadge of all the resources that were available to me at the time and to not be so scared. The counselers that could have helped me with financial aid, the seminars on how to apply for scholarships and aid and the dual credit classes that would have allowed me get ahead in my degree plan and saved me money in the long run. Time and time again I think back to all the general education classes I could have taken in high school and all the stress, money and time it could have saved me. I was scared I would not be able to handle it it high school but I should have followed my dreams and not been so scared of failing.

The aforementioned class size and how great it is to be able to have a conversation with my professors rather than a teaching assistant. I also think the faculty at my university is well known and renowned, and I love that I get to study with people of that caliber.

Shelby

Going into my freshman year of college, I thought I knew everything and that nothing could get in my way. But, man was I so wrong. If I could go back to the day I was graduating high school and give myself some advice I would tell myself three things. The first being it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to fail. Failure is inevitable in this new, scary, exciting adventure. I would also tell myself that in order to succeed, I must step out of my comfort zone and into the unknown. Nothing good happens if you're not willing to take some chances. The last thing would be, school's hard and extremely important, but don't let it be the only thing you focus on. There are going to be so many amazing opporunities in college, take advantage of them. I've only been in college for one semester, and I'm sure I will learn much more these next three and a half years. If I had known these three things, my first semster of college would have gone much more smoothly, but I also would not be the person I am today.

The absolute best thing about Stephen F. Austin State University is the fact that it is like a home to me and anybody you could ask. It is a small school in a decent size town and like I said, feels like home.

Any type of person should attend this school. It is a great school for anybody and everybody.

Kaylynn

Stephen F. Austin has a very diverse atmosphere.

Stephen F. Austin has a very diverse atmosphere.

It's feel like it's in the middle of nowhere, which is nice because it's surrounded by trees and very pretty.

Hello Kaylynn. Okay, first thing is first: Study, girl. Seriously, studying is your savior and you need to remember that. Also, read your textbooks. Yeah, in some classes you never even touch them, but in the classes where you do use them, textbooks are the greatest things in the college world. If you want to make friends and not just stay up in your room watching Netflix, talk to people! They are not as scary as you think. Make sure you make time for studying and doing homework, but you also need time for yourself and for friends. Now, your roommate is amazing. But her boyfriend... not so much. If you're getting annoyed with him, remember the library is your safe haven. This is your freshman year, make the most of it, but be smart. Make sure you pick the best classes for you and you pay attention. This first semester defines the rest of your college career. You have so much ahead of you and a lot of people on your side. I believe in you and so do they. Good luck.

lauren

This is the first time I have enjoyed school!

This is the first time I have enjoyed school!

Most of the ones I have come in contact with are wildlife enthusiast, this is accurate

I think it is about par for a university. I have to study quite a bit

Chris

A fun experience with lots of opportunities to learn as well.

A fun experience with lots of opportunities to learn as well.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would say start early! One of the biggest mistakes students make as seniors is underestimating how little time they actually have before college starts. I applied early to my college, but after that, I did not do as much as I should have with getting prepared for college. My high school self would be told to apply for as many scholarships as possible because college is not a cheap experience. Once I took out student loans, I realized how big of a mistake it was to not apply for more scholarships because any financial assistance would have made a huge difference in my budget for college. So my advice to myself as a high school senior would be to start early and to not be as lazy as I was when it came to paying for my education.

I brag about the low tuition cost, and the small class sizes which make classes easier.

I like Stephen F. Austin better than the other schools I considered because unlike the others, SFA has student leaders, professors, and other staff members that personalize themselves with the students. At orientation our orientation leaders connected with us and helped us with anything and everything. They were just like one of us. The campus is great too. There's so much shade and you can get places very easily. The eating places are great too.

"Hey, don't worry about anything, Sam." I would say. "You'll have the help you need." I was so worried about my classes, the cost of attending, how I would pay for it, if I would be alone for my whole college experience, and what I should do about declaring a major. The people there made it clear to me that I didn't have to settle on a major yet. I was helped during a session that advised a small group, one from the group befriended me, and was told that my Freshman year will be taking my core classes. So I didn't have to decide 100% yet on my major. I was also advised financially. My grades have helped me achieve scholarships, but it wasn't enough. I would tell myself all of that and this: That I should trust that God will provide and lead me down the right path.

I really don't think there is a person who can't attend this school. They have so many clubs, organizations, and activities for everyone from all walks of life. This school and all the people who attend it are accepting of each other. Even if someone is worried about how they'll be treated they can get great counseling or other services provided by the school. I was impressed by the different services they provide, so that's probably why I sound like a spokesperson for them.

Andrew

It is smaller in size and population and it is in a very nice town with a great atmosphere.

Do not waste all of your money and save some of it. Also, you will make a lot of great friends and do not be afraid.

The town does'nt have everything that you would want and it is too "out of the way" from most big cities

Morgan

Stephen F. Austin State University is best known for sending out well educated individuals into the work force.

If I could give myself any advice for the precollege me, I'd simply tell myself to go enjoy, imbrace, and grow as much as I can. I spent a long time trying to go down paths that weren't right for me because other people said I'd be good in that field. If I could of just learned to trust myself I'd be further along in my education. I do not regret not knowing this, it is simple wisdom I have gained througt my college experience.

I wish I had know what exactly I wanted to be so I could of had a more focused degree plan.

tanya

This year they were champs in basketball. The football team is okay but yeah the basketball team this year was incredible they are still celebrating for the victory.

This is my summer before college and after high school yet i ahve learned so much that I should've done in high school to make things easier as well things that i will do in college. Something that i truly regret is not taking any college credit classes like dual credit. Taking a few AP wasn't enough i could have done way more and pushed myself alot more. I would advice myself to think over and actuallly challenge myself more. Being not so great in math was always my excuse to not take higher levels in math but now I know i coul've done it. Now that high school is over I realize that i also should've applied to scholarships early for my college. I kept putting things off and off. I started looking into college my junior year when i realized I needed to get my GPA up to get into a good college. Freshmen year you have no idea what a gpa is unitl its too late though I was able to get my gpa way higher I wish i could go back and tell my freshmen self what a gpa was.

This is my first year coming in as a freshmen i so far haven't seen anything that bothers me maybe the fact that there's not as much divesity as I am used to. I feel like there's only a few hispanics which is great i hang out with all races but it feels a bit different in my opinion. In no way am i saying this school is racist or only accepts certain races I am just saying that some races take a bigger percentage of the student body than others.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.