Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

tanya

This year they were champs in basketball. The football team is okay but yeah the basketball team this year was incredible they are still celebrating for the victory.

This is my summer before college and after high school yet i ahve learned so much that I should've done in high school to make things easier as well things that i will do in college. Something that i truly regret is not taking any college credit classes like dual credit. Taking a few AP wasn't enough i could have done way more and pushed myself alot more. I would advice myself to think over and actuallly challenge myself more. Being not so great in math was always my excuse to not take higher levels in math but now I know i coul've done it. Now that high school is over I realize that i also should've applied to scholarships early for my college. I kept putting things off and off. I started looking into college my junior year when i realized I needed to get my GPA up to get into a good college. Freshmen year you have no idea what a gpa is unitl its too late though I was able to get my gpa way higher I wish i could go back and tell my freshmen self what a gpa was.

This is my first year coming in as a freshmen i so far haven't seen anything that bothers me maybe the fact that there's not as much divesity as I am used to. I feel like there's only a few hispanics which is great i hang out with all races but it feels a bit different in my opinion. In no way am i saying this school is racist or only accepts certain races I am just saying that some races take a bigger percentage of the student body than others.

Chandra

Is very pretty and nice with lots of activities.

Is very pretty and nice with lots of activities.

I would tell myself to learn how to study better

Our basketball teams did extremely well and it is beautiful

Zenia

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advice myself to start taking college level classes right after graduation. It is a difficult transition to make after spending the summer not being productive. I would tell myself to learn methods in which to better prepare for classes and tests. I would advice myself to look into programs offered on campus before getting there and learning about the many different community service organizations available. It is easier to meet people and to get connections with staff if you are active in your school and community. Another important advice I would give would be to learn how to manage my finances better; college is very expensive and it is very hard to keep track of the money you have, and it is very easy to spend it in a short amount of time. The last piece of advice would be not to procrastinate! it is very easy to not study for tests when they are so far apart from each other. Once you know it, test start piling up and you have very little time to study.

I wish I had known how to study better and how to fully prepare for tests.

SFA has a beautiful campus, but they allow students to smoke right outside building doors and it's not something that's appealing.

Mark

The school is located in a good community which is represented by the students attending.

Make sure you make a huge effort towards getting scholarships, no matter the award amount. College is known to be expensive but professional school costs are even more jaw-dropping. Work hard towards your goals and don't procrastinate as much as you do now, you won't always get an A by studying the night before the exams. Don't be discouraged whenever there is an obstacle that seems to be impossible to overcome, you'll get through it with determination and learn from the experience. Enjoy the college years instead of dreading them and you'll have a great college experience.

Without transportation methods, it is difficult to get to a store to purchase everyday necessities.

Riley

Though I may not be the best at everything, and though I may struggle with things sometimes, I am capable. I can overcome all of my anxieties, and I'm won't let mental illness get the best of me. College is an experience that could be amazing or terrible. So far, I've experienced both, and though it's been challenging, it's worth it. Through every single tear and late night of guzzling way more coffee than my system could handle, through every night of staying up until five in the morning studying and doing homework just to wake up two hours later for class, it's been worth it. It hasn't been easy, but if I wanted to take the easy way out, I wouldn't be doing anything for myself. As terrifying as it is, being away and braving through each day as if it were a battle, I'm being courageous. I'm doing this for myself, and in the end, myself is who I need to worry about pleasing. It's my life, and I need to do what I want with it.

A person who is interested in Creative Writing should definitely attend this school, because SFA is the only school in the state of Texas that offers Creative Writing as a major.

Nacogdoches is a pretty small town, so if you don't like living in really small areas, it probably isn't the school for you.

Brianna

A small school that is very helpful in your academic career if you chose to utilize their options.

If I had the chance to go back in high school to give myself advice about college I would take the opportunity to tell myself that it would not be as easy as I thought. I would let myself know that being in a few advanced placement classes at a time it was not just hard to get my grade point average up, but the courses were actually preparing me for college. I would let myself know that not all the classes I take would be close to the rigor of AP, but a couple would be and I would have to learn to study in new ways to make the grade I hope for. I would also tell myself to learn how to make friends with out the help of other friends because I did not know how hard it would be to do so. Luckily with the little knowledge I already had, I have made it through my first semester and a half with new friends and great grades.

The wost thing about my school is the requirements to live off campus. You must have 60 hours or be 21 years old. This is the worst thing to me because one of my best friend's family has move out od state and now cannot get an appartment to stay in during breaks when the school closes.

Alex

I would definitely tell myself to try harder to find a job, and that just applying to a position does not even come close to gaurenteeing a position. I might say to study more but I was already having no troubles with school. I'm not sure it would have made a difference, or if it would make me resent studying even more than I do now. I would have told myself that there are online resources such as Youtube tutorials and Wikipedia and Google. That definitely would have made an impact. I also probably would have told myself to think of stuff to tell myself if I had to tell my past self stuff, in the future, to prepare my past self for the future because of stuff I learned from the future so that I didn't have to sit here for hours and think of almost nothing from thinking about it aside from sleep deprivation.

The large number of facilities available. This also probably inflates the price for things you don't actually use...but...it's nice to have...for a while.

The price. That really should be self-explanatory, but...I have no real way to pay back the loans despite years of trying. (But, if worst comes to worst, I can just Kickstart, or sell my programs I am making, thus giving me an income.)

Victoria

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to calm down. Instead of freaking out about every appplication and checking for an update everyday, I would tell myself to step back. My senior year I lost a lot of my social life, because I was so focused on preparing for the college transition. I would spend hours researching college statistics, and trying to guess if I was going to get in, instead of allowing myself to relax and enjoy the last year I had with my friends.

I wish that I had known just how much activity the campus had. When I toured the school, there was very little talk about on-campus activities, and I almost didn't attend Stephen F Austin because I wanted a more lively campus. However, now that I am a student, there is almost always an activity going on, even during the middle of the semester when things usually die down.

When someone asks me about my school, I usually brag about how small the classroom sizes are. Most of my friends in other schools complain about having large lecture halls where they feel like they are just a number, instead of a member of the class. At Stephen F Austin that isn't the case. Except for your beginning level classes, and even that's debatable, you will not have large classes. Instead there will be 20-30 students in a class and the professor actually gets to know you instead of thinking of you as a number.

chelsea

College is nothing like high school. It's your responsibility to go to class, keep up with your homework, just like you did in high school. Believe in yourself and take chances. Do not be afraid to meet knew people and show them who you really are. Nursing is a very competitive field. You need to work hard and make sure the teachers know who you are and what you are trying to do. Make sure that you are being the best you can be even if it's below your believed expectations. Always know that you have supportive people behind you and that God will guide you in the right direction as long as you have faith. Stay focused and don not let anyone or anything stop you from accomplishing your dream. You can do it.

ashley

If I had the opportunity to go back to my senior year of high school and give myself advice….I would tell myself that now is the time for making a foundation for your life as a future college student. Life is all about planning, so setting long-term and short-term goals are mandatory at this time in their life. Begin your planning by pinpointing things and/or places that bring enjoyment to your life as a whole and branch out from that. Lastly, working hard in everything that you do is always rewarding (in more ways than one) and receiving the feeling of accomplishment. Creating a master plan, continuously engaging in activities that meets your goals, and understanding that this is your life so let every choice, mistake, correction, and opportunity invest towards your foundation of planning for your college years.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.