Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

Oyindamola

My classmates are hard working individuals and great team players.

My classmates are hard working individuals and great team players.

If I could give any advice to my high school self it would be to take every class seriously from day one. I would inform myself of how crucial maintaining a high gpa can be. It is easy to bring down but hard to bring up so it's best to start off strong and finish even stronger. I would express the importance of taking advantage of all resources to aid in making the best grades. I would also recommend doing internships and volunteering as much as my schedule and classes would permit. Internships will perpare you for the working world as well as provide you with experience and help develop connections. I woul remind myself that networking is key and to constantly get to know people that could possibly help me in the long run. Lastly, I would tell myself not to stress and take breaks when feeling overwhelmed. Tough times will arise but its not worth worrying yourself sick. Overall, make time for fun but dont forget your purpose for attending school.

I advise students who are focused and know how to balance a social life to apply to this school. Stephen F. Austin is a lot of fun so it's easy to get off track with your studies. The ideal student should be responsible, hard working, and a go getter. This is aslo a great school for someone who is not very sociable because the students and staff are very friendly.

kayla

I LOVE IT HERE, they offer so many activities, and I couldn't ask for a better recreation center.

I'm still fairly new here, but my classmates are smart, interesting to listen to, and speak their opinion.

I would most definitely make myself take the AP classes offered. Back then, as a senior, I wanted to "take it easy" and just have fun my last year with the people I grew up with. I should have applied my knowledge and skills to higher level classes. Because I was too lazy and wanted to spend time with my friends to do this, my GPA and class standing were affected. However, I will give myself credit for taking dual credit college courses my junior and senior year in high school. Another thing I would tell myself is that go and get as much scholarships you can because school is going to become your first piority. Since college, I've applied myself to think outside of the box. I have become better in math and I absolutely love it. I thought I would never say that. This may sound too good to be true, but I love school. One more thing, I would tell myself to listen to my mom when she said, "If you want nice things get a college education". For me, this has really hit home. I believe this is the reason I've gotten far today.

Holly

The most important thing to know then would have ben to not stress! College has been such a n amazing experience and there is no reasom to spend your senior year stressing about it. Everybody thinks that they have to go to school with a friend, but I found it great going off and meeting all new people. If I had the chance to tell myself this a year ago, I would have never been yanking my hair out like I did.

I love the small town feel of the school, while being able to get a great education, and having the oppurtunity to meet diverse people.

The bad reputation the school gets for it being a "party school" makes it difficult for people to take me seriously when I say I attend SFASU.

candace

my school is the best because they have many different organizations, the teachers actually want to help the students, and the enviroment is great.

my classmates are all different in their appearence, attitudes, and beliefs.

The first and most important piece of advice I would give myself is to be serious about my grades and learn consistent study habits. I had a hard time in a few classes starting off in college because I did not know the proper way to study and it got me behind in class. The next piece of advice I would give myself is to learn time management and to never procrastinate. There are so many opportunities in college to get involved and I have learned that if I procrastinate it doesn’t get done because I eventually forget about it. Some more advice I would give to myself is to not get lazy and apply for as many scholarships as I could. The process can be long and tiring but is completely worth it. College is expensive and the few extra bucks that you do have can go by quickly if you don’t budget. Lastly, and also important I would say to become as independent as you can because once you get to college your parents are not there to help you or keep you out of trouble. I wish I would have known all of this beforehand.

DeShae

SFA is a campus that's not too large but not too small with awesome school spirit, academics, and many opportunities for involvement; SFA is what you make it.

Advice I would give myself is to be prepared to have to balance your own life. Parents are not there to tell you what to do. Be mindful of your time and create a weekly schedule of things that need to be done. Don't be afraid to try new things and put yourself out there. There are going to be times when you fail, but learn those from experiences and use to fuel future successes. Have fun!

Campus involvement, there is always something to do and an organization to join. School spirit is very high at this school, so don't be afraid to show your purple pride.

Alexis

SFASU is very spirited, friendly, easily accessable, perfectly sized school where everybody is friends with eachother.

I am currently looking at my roommate, who is taking 6 hours less than me this semester. However, she has 15 more hours than me ,over all, without a worry in the world. Her secret… Duel credit classes in high school. As I look back at 17 year old me, a senior at Vista Ridge High School, I notice the same worry free characteristics my roommate fulfills. I would go to school, late I might add, and just think about my friends, soccer, and when lunch was. Little did I know, that attitude towards school would bite me in the butt later on. I mostly made all A’s, however, the levels of toughness were not particularly high. Although I worked to get an A in my classes, I did not put much thought into the classes I was taking. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take classes that would help my future in college and even beyond that. Maybe I could be hanging out with my roommate now, rather than frantically trying to keep up with all of my classes.

I love all the people and everyone becomes such good friends with everyone. The athletes interact with the non athletes and we even say hi to our professors when we see them around.

cheronda

But when it comes to school work. I wish i have tryed harder and actually gave an effort. I've always given minumum effort and i havnt studied for a test until 3 days before exam and i have a 2.83 gpa at the of my senior year. Like all Bs and Cs pretty much. Now that I'm in college . I regret doing all that, because if i tried harder could have been an A student. I also wish I had not spent so many nights sitting around doing nothing because I didn't feel like doing homework. I would get out there and do more extra-curricular activities. I would have forced myself to study more diligently senior year. As hard as it is to do, (and believe me, when you get there, it is hard to do), I looked back the other day and realized what true potential I had, only to recognize that I wasted a lot of it. I ended up doing pretty well in high school, but looking back, I feel I could have done better. Since I'm college it is whole new world from high school it totally different .

It's going to be overwhelming at first, but everyone will get adjusted, make new friends, learn so much in a lifetime, and become a SFA Lumberjack! The best thing is to be optimistic to a new environment and the best will come to you. I believe that anyone that wants to go to college should try to apply here and see what I get to see in the fall. i see plenty of people that care how the individuals turn out. You feel like a special individual not just a number.

While college may be a great investment, it’s not like investing in the stock market: a prospective student can’t just fork over some money and let someone else worry about how to make it grow. For college to have any payoff, students must participate in the process by going to class and engaging with course materials, peers and instructors. The cost of college includes not just monetary costs but psychological costs, which are highest for those who either strongly dislike classroom instruction or have to work particularly hard to get anything out of it.

Alexis

Make sure to apply for colleges early as well as housing and classes. Be sure to attend the FIRST orientation session and DO NOT procrastinate when applying for scholarships. Get them DONE and it makes your senior year a lot less stressful. Also, take dual-credit classes; it helps you to avoid taking more classes at the university and paying three times the price.

Someone who likes a lot of rain and sun and who loves the woods and tree-type atmospheres. It is a BEAUTIFUL campus and very well kept.

Aubrey

My school is unique because of its size. Although we are a much smaller school we have huge spirit and an awesome community.

I would tell myself not to worry so much. As a senior in highschool I was terrified of what was to come; I didn't want to be away from my family or my friends and I was not a fan of change. I would tell myself that the little things that I was no picky about wouldn't matter once I got to college. I would tell myself that college would be the best years of my life and not to worry about the friends i was leaving behind because the ones who matter stick around and you will find a way to still be best friends even if you live eight hours awy frome eachother. I would tell my self that the classes are not as difficult as everyone promissed me they would be and that I would make it through all the tough times despite my learning disorder because of all the helpful staff that was always ready to help me. Most importantly I would tell my self that I would make it, I would go to college and love it and I can do anything I put my heart to.

I consider the community the best thing about my school. There are always activites to get involved. The staff is always incouraging students to do things in the community so that the student can become more connected and have a better college experience. There are many opportunities for students to make friends and that is what makes a person want to do well in college so that they can stay at the university and make new friends with each coming smester.

Destinee

My classmates are very nice and helpful.

My classmates are very nice and helpful.

Stephen F Austin Stae University is know for a good Nursing program and many people graduate and become succesful.

The advice I would give myself is apply for more scholoarships and strive for better grades.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.