Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

ricky

i would tell myself and anyone else to never give up. regardless of how hard it gets just keep on pushing through because on the other side of every struggle is a well deserved prize. most people quit college when the going gets tough thinking that they'll never use any of the material that they've learn but what they dont realize is that it's always good to have something to fall back on whenever your dream come crashing down.

Barlow

The classmates I have had are always fun, laid back, and engaging.

The classmates I have had are always fun, laid back, and engaging.

Stephen F. Austin State University is very unique in a sense that not only do you feel at home, but in the comfortable environment, you can grow into a well-rounded adult. There are tons of activities for students to engage in, as well as study groups to maintain that hard earned GPA. To top it all off, the school is located in the oldest town in Texas, so if leaves you with a strong passion and understanding of our history and where we come from.

Barlow, you're a great football player and smarter than you think. Think about all the people who have looked up to you over the years, think about your dreams, and think about your future. Nothing comes easy in this life, and thinking that you can walk through without struggling is ignorant and wrong. You have all the talent in the world yet you're going to ignore a football scholarship because you don't feel like playing anymore! Listen, you only have one life, so just be yourself. Don't worry about what other people want you to do. Do what makes you happy. You can be whatever you want, but don't settle or you will regret it for the rest of your life. Going from highschool to college will be tough, but well worth it in the end I promise. Take your competitive nature and use it towards life. You're a leader. So don't ever give up, and make the best out of what God has given you.

Natasha

I would say that most of my classmates are motivated; no one is afraid to ask questions if necessary and there are only a few that miss class, that i have seen anyway.

[myself speaking to a slightly younger me]: "Tash, here are a few things you need to remember and keep in mind within the next couple of months and probably for the next year while you make your move from high school to college: 1. Remember to call, e-mail, text, or make some kind of contact, more than once a week, with not only mom but dad too; he's going to miss you just as much as mom will, maybe more, and they both are going to go nuts without you around. 2. Leave high school behind you when you go. Every once in a while you're going to see those same girls around campus, that said bad things about you in high school, but just forget about it and move on with your life. And 3. You've heard it before many times but you've never listened, BE YOURSELF! It honestly doesn't matter what others think of you. It's college there are going to be a bunch of new and different people, so you can just be who you want to be, ok. Have fun!... But don't go crazy." :)

There are all different kinds of people that attend SFA and the all seem pretty welcomed. I would say someone that is very close minded shouldn't attend SFA. There is something for everyone at that school you just have to find your place there.

The transition to college is a major step into the next chapter of your life, and it is important to remember to weigh all your opitions when making a decision to which college you want to attend. Remember to look at every aspect of the university. Although your education is the most important reason you are attending college and you should find one that qualifies to your standards, it is also important to find a college that is comfortable for you. You will be living at the school and it is wise to look at everything in dept with how you will be surviving in your home away from home. You should look at every detail such as the times the cafeteria is open because on weekends you may be on your own for finding food or the cafeteria may close earlier at nights than you think. Either way be confident in your choice of college that you chose! College will be the most amazing experience and teach you skills you will use in everyday life.

The atmosphere and the people at my school is the best thing. My school provides the tool that I need to succeed in getting the best college education that I can achieve. The school is located in a small town and it allows for me to focus more on my education than being distracted with other events. The school is small enough where the professor and the workers at the school make you feel welcome and safe. I don't feel like I am just another number.

A person who needs a large city or surronding may not want to attend my school. It may not offer them a variety of the social life they need from a big city. If they are not use to a small town, I think they will lose their interest in staying at that college and find themselves going home every weekend.

Johnathan

I know how eager you are to enter the college life, and how curious you are about how it will be. All you will need to know is that you will be liked by many people, your roommate will be awesome, you will live with your dorm, and you can easily pass each and every class you take. Just sit back, relax, and get ready to have some fun.

I wish I had known about the second cafeteria by the time I had gotten to SFA. Also I had wanted to know where all the part-time jobs were.

Honestly almost anyone can attend SFA, however it is more plesent when the people that want to come here are willing to learn, and get help when they need it, and not minutes before the test, quiz, etc.

Shundra

My classmates are full of life and wonderful. They all are open to new people and new ideas! There are many different ethnicities as well as cultures that will allow one to gain new incite on many different things!

Stephen F. Austin is best known for having the tallest dorm building in Nacogdoches, also known as the oldest town in Texas.

If I could go back as a high school senior and speak to myself I would stretch the importance of being independent. When you leave for college your mother doesn't go in a bag with you; there everyday to wake you up and coach you through out the day. She also wont be there to make you do simple things like clean up your room or your homework. Professors all assume that once you make it to them you have the maturity thing down packed so they expect for their work to be done regardless. Maturity goes a long way in college too. You have to learn how to manage your time wisely and to always make the right choice. Trouble is so very easy to get into, but pure hell to get out of. Although parties may seem fun and full of excitement it's way easier to fall behind.

Myranda

Stephen F. Austin State University is a well developed, career minded, and faculty friendly campus.

Currently as a third year college student, I have learned alot about the college life and it is not easy to make the transition from your high school life. You have more freedom and you experience things you never thought you would come across in life. My advice is do not graduate early. I entered college one year earlier than expected due to I finished and graduated from high school a year early. That last year of high school gives you time to mature a little bit more and you will not feel as awkward when you enter your freshman year of college. Also, it will be hard when you move away from home, but become actively involved in school because you meet alot of new people and make life time friends. Do make the effort to come home about once a month and call a few times a week to keep a well developed bond with your parents. Learn to discipline yourself because if not then you could fail out of your first years of school or be put on academic probation. Allow yourself to have fun, but remain focus on your goals and dreams.

At Stephen F. Austin State University, parking situations are the worst thing about the school. Due to construction, it is hard for an off-campus resident to find a parking space. Even before construction though, it was hard to find a space and usually the closet spots were about a 30 minute walk to class. Other than that, I really do not find anything wrong with Stephen F. Austin State University.

Edlyn

I consider all of our student organizations unique. We have over three hundred of them there is one for everyone. All of the organizations help with networking and help us grow as college students and adults.

If i could go back in time and prepare myself for college there are many things I would say to myself. For example I would tell myself to be more organized and keep a planner. I would also tell myself to study more and look over my notes. Also I would tell myself to be proactive and not wait till the last minute to get things done. I would tell myself to learn how to research things and learn where I could get help. All these things would have been very helpfull to know when I was a high school senior.

The best thing about Stephen F. Austin would be that it is a small campus. Unlike many other schools you will not get lost around your campus. With the classes being so small you have a better opportunity to get to know your professors and interact with them during class. I also like it because there is a better chance to meet people who can help you.

Michelle

Stephen F. Austin State University is a school with a small campus in a small town, but there is always something fun and exciting going on that you are sure to never be bored.

I would tell myself that when I get to college, to be outgoing. Do not be shy, you won't ever meet anyone otherwise. Join an organization, do something. It is a great way to meet people. But do not; do not forget to study for your classes. You are going to school to get an education. Education comes first, fun comes later.

Anyone could attend Stephen F. Austin. It is a good school. They have many fraternities and sororities. SFA also has a big nursing program. So I imagine a student who is studying nursing and plans on rushing would be a good applicant for Stephen F. Austin. A student who has lived in big cities all their life might not like SFA because it is in a really small town. However, you are going to school for an education, not the surroundings.

Trevor

If I could go back in time to my senior I definitely would have had a full schedule filled with classes that btest my mind to further prepare me for the tasks I would later have at college. I would have defintley work harder to try capture and maintain a position in the top 15% of my class. With the knowledge I now have I probably would have went to a college closer to home since it this is my first time being on my own and I need my mother and sister's encouragement as I try to obtain my degree.

I would definitely say tha party party enviroment. Stephen F. Autin State University tends to be very big on parties and other extracurricular activities that many incoming freshman are unable to focus on their task at hand.

A person with no determination and dedication should not attend this school.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.