Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

Jazzay

There's nothing unique about that school at all. It was not my first choice, the other schools I considered where further away and my family wanted me closer, so I was obligated to choose this school.

I'd rather not give advice about this college. I had some fun times, but mostly bad. A lot of people are going to have different opinions. I don't think I'm the best candidate to give advice.

The people aren't very open-minded. There's a bit of racial tension also. There isn't much diversity. I didn't like my experience at the school at all because of those things.

Stephen F. Austin State University is full of school spirit and pride.

Stephen F. Austin State University is full of school spirit and pride.

To find the college most accomadating to you, visit and research the campus first. Don't just attend one because you were accepted, attend one that makes you feel comfortable. Find one that is a comfortable distance from home. Always make sure the college has a good program in your field of study. Go to orientation and listen to what the university has to offer!

The most frustrating thing is that they force you to live on campus for the first two years, and they force you to buy a meal plan even if you refuse to eat the cafeteria food.

Carisse

Research. During my senior year I wasn't as focused on my college career as I should have been. Visit several campuses and compare the prices, dorms, education, and diffierent services each campus provides. Talk to students who attend the colleges that your interested in, by talking to them you can recieve advice on what teachers you should take, the quality of the food, and several others things that colleges choose not to tell you. Once you choose the right college for you get involved and be active when choosing the amount of hours you wish to take, the only one who has to deal with the effects of the amount of hours the student is taking is the student. Make sure you don't overload yourself and above all else have an open mind and a positive attitude.

I think its great that they provide individual tutoring; however, they do have a limited amount of tutors.

I tend to boast about our basketball team and the amount of trees we have on campus.

Alison

You have to go where you will feel comfortable. Ask yourself if you can really live and learn here. Manage your time and don't worry about grades - make sure you UNDERSTAND what you are being taught.

I brag about how our school has the best student-run study center in the nation. We are also the best school for forestry. Our school also excellent education and nursing programs. I also brag about how beautiful our campus is.

Meagan

At Stephen F. Austin State University my classmates are very interactive. During classes they are very interested in answering any questions that I have when I don't understand something as well as questions I have about assignments that I have missed or have done incorrectly. I have joined numerous groups created by students in class to help support study habits. I have also made many new friends in result of these study groups.

The advice that I have for future college students and to the parents of these young men/women would be to keep your options open. Look at several potential colleges of your choice starting with your favorite. If you are still in your senior year don't give up towards the end keep up with your school work. After graduating if you know what you want to major in start by looking at colleges that specialize in that field, so you can get the full amount of education available towards your major. I also would encourage students to visit the campuses. It is nice to car pool with friends and family and cummute to the destination of your potential college, it makes it a lot more fun when making your decisions. After getting excepted into the college of your choice make sure you study study study your freshman year. Most freshman make the mistake of taking it all in too fast. Be sure to have a balance between your social life and school. By balancing the two you will be able to keep up with grades as well as make new friends.

When telling my friends as well as family about Stephen F. Austin, I am most likely to brag on the great recreational facilities that they have to accomidate students on their down time. I also love the variety of clubs that they have. Their is no reason why students should not have any motivation to join a club. I also put emphasis on the diversity. At this school you will rarely see groups of people of one ethnicity. The students here are very excepting and open minded.

Austin

My school is very diverse, out going, supportive, well staffed and a blast to attend.

My advice would be to take your time in picking out the right college and be sure to visit the colleges that you are interested in. When you find the right school you will know it as soon as you finish the visit. Don't apply to just one school. And my last bit of advise is to enjoy your time in college but be sure to take care of business in the classroom.

I would have liked to know more about the greek life and the pro's and con's of it.

Kathryn

The suronding area is like that of a small town, but it not that small. It has a real hometown feel.

This school offers alot of fun things to do, but be sure to check into the more wholesome ones or you will soon be going down a slipperly slope.

A smaller university where you can get a personal education, and not just be a number.

Stephen F. Autin is theonly university in the state of Texas that has a College of Accounting separate from the College of Business.

When looking for a college I would advice to find one you?re comfortable with. Personally I prefer the smaller college. I believe a smaller college allows for the student to get to know their Professors. That makes it easy to ask questions or get advice. It makes a big difference compared to a class that the professor doesn?t even know your name. SFA has a strong emphasis on classroom evolvement. When looking for a college you should also consider the kinds of people that you want to be surrounded by, since these are important formative years. Some colleges are more liberal than others, and this could affect your views and experiences. Finally, when looking for a college consider the opportunities that are available for the students. You should find a university that has a lot to offer socially. Extracurricular activities are important when looking or a career after you graduate college.

Susan

It is a medium sized school in a small (but friendly) town and has beautiful trees everywhere you turn.

I would honestly tell them that it is ultimately the student's decision of which school they would like to attend. However, the parents should also lend a helping hand when makinig such an important decision and help the student to weigh all of their options together. Although, most students would rather attend a school that is well-known (such as UT or Texas A&M for example), it would also be wise to consider the option of attending a school that is still somewhat well-known, but maybe not as much as other schools. Another factor to take into consideration is that no matter what, it's not the school that you attend that matters the most in the end, but what you learn and get out of your time there. One should also compare and contrast the cost of attendance, the amount of financial aid being awarded, scholarships, and other financial aspects. I would also tell the student to think about the location of the school and whether or not they would be alright with being miles and miles away from home or not. Choose wisely, but remember that it is not the end of the world.

I like that it is in a small town because it really makes you appreciate the city-life more. When I come back home for the holidays and for summer vacation, I am so appreciative of all of the entertainment options that I have available to me. Living / going to school in a small town teaches you not to take anything for granted. The scenery is so pretty and is full of green trees everywhere, whereas the city's availability of natural scenery is so scarce and sparse.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.