Nacogdoches, TX
Stephen F Austin State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stephen F Austin State University

Shelby

Very diverse. I had excellent realtionships with my professors but I know several people who had horrible experiences. Professors wouldn't help them under any circumstances unlike my proffessors who would work with students late the night before projects were due.

They were diverse. Some had goals for the future outside of college and others were only thinking of how drunk they could get that night.

Find something you love and do it. Change your major only if your 100% sure you want to.

Robin

Actually, its known for partying and having a high percentage of STD's. I don't participate in any of that which is why I don't have a huge social life when it comes to being at the college. I stayed at home because of financial reasons, but really there's not a whole lot for me to do on weekends on campus except sporting events, which suits me just fine.

Don't try to overwelm youself by going as far away as possibly and getting the true "college experience". This usually leads to home sickness and failing grades. Instead, slowly work your way into the college life and make sure that you can handle the workload that you are putting on yourself. Parents, don't worry so much about your child once he/she leaves. You most likely raised them right and you just have to trust that they will continue to act in the right manner. Also, don't be too strict on them before college, thats when you most likely see kids going crazy once they leave home, which is never a good thing.

Nothing really. We found out everything we needed to know at orientation. The hardest thing for me was finding all my classes for that first time. So I guess what I really needed to know was just to know how to get around campus better.

Alexandra

I think here (at least for my major) you get a lot of experience. Even more experience than I would at a bigger school. I know many of my professors and keep in contact with them, which is very rare. My sister went to a muge bigger school in Texas, and she is jealous of that fact. There are many more opportunities here to grow. There's lots more opportunities to be a leader in clubs, as well.

Keep an open mind. I'm the youngest of three, so I had both of my sisters pressing me to go to their schools. The school that one of my sisters went to was my dream school. Looking back, it probably was just because she went to it and I worshiped her (like any other youngest sibling). I ended up going to my second choice, a school that neither of my sisters attended. I was devastated. After a few months at my school, though, I realized I had missed out on so much by not looking at other schools.

That some people just don't care about the school that much. It's starting to change, which is exciting. Other than that, the choice (or lack of choice) of meal plans. And off campus parking. I could walk from my apartment in the time it takes to find a parking spot and walk to my class.

I would tell them to find a place that is warm and inviting. That they feel comfortable at. That they know they will get a good education due to the success rate at the school. A school that is the best in the future plans of their life.

Kymberly

Be sure you can afford the school for the entire time of attendance!!!! Parents let your kids go off and do their own thing, if they call you everyday stop answering. They need to learn not to be so reliant on you. If your kid ask for more than $200 a month and they do not live on campus either they shop too much, drink all the time, and/or doing drugs. DO NOT BE IGNORANT! Your kid is going to drink and party, get off their back! The more you lay off the less fun it is for them. (Reverse Psychology)

The class size is great for teacher student interaction. However, the expectations of some of the teachers is almost out of reach for students because they do not make themselves available to the students

Conservative Christians (Baptists and Apiscopalians)

Brian

Most have turned into life long friends.

Most have turned into life long friends.

Just double check where you look and make sure it is the right one for you. Don't base it off of the orientation or the tours they give you. Experience it for yourself for a weekend or so.

The school spirit and the size of the classes.

Nicolle

They are focused but fun, serious but friendly, and uniquely individual.

They are focused but fun, serious but friendly, and uniquely individual.

Just make sure you visit the campus and talk to real students who live and go to school there. Also talk to the faculty and professors that you will be working with day to day. DO NOT go to a college or university just because someone told you to. As for making the most of your college experience, well there isn't much to experience if you don't get out there and get involved. There is so much to do if only you put forth the effort of doing it.

Stephen F Austin State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.