Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

I don't really think that any particular type of person would feel out of place at SFASU because there are all kinds of different people at this school. There are Greeks, Geeks, Jocks, Creative people, Intelligent people, etc. Most of the different types of people react with one another on a daily basis as well because most everyone is in more than one type of organization, so there's a nice blend of people and groups around campus. Most students are from Lufkin, Houston, or Dallas, with a few sprinkled in from other smaller cities and even a good amount from out of state. A lot of the students do receive help from financial aid because college is expensive, so not very much emphasis is placed upon financial background.

At Stephen F. Austin State University my classmates are very interactive. During classes they are very interested in answering any questions that I have when I don't understand something as well as questions I have about assignments that I have missed or have done incorrectly. I have joined numerous groups created by students in class to help support study habits. I have also made many new friends in result of these study groups.

My classmates are so outgoing and fun to be around. There is never a dull moment in my classes. Even when everyone is dead tired at 8:00am, theres always someone who brings sunshine to the classroom discussions and makes everyone smile. The professors also love it when students do this, it really gets everyone sitting up and ready to learn.

Students at SFA are very welcoming. The first week on campus at SFA is generally called 'Welcome Week' because there are week long events for new and returning students to learn about the various opportunities and organizations that SFA has to offer. There are students from all over (from Texas to Ohio to France).

My classmates are great. People actually attend class and are actively involved in discussions. Everyone is incredibly friendly. Living in an urban area all of my life and moving to a small rural town was a big transition but the people in Nacogdoches are much kinder than Houstonians.

My peers that are in classes relevant to their major are very focused and they care about the grades they make. But if the class is a side requirement they use the phrase "D for diploma". In two of my classes, about half the class ended up having to drop.

My college classmates are all so very different. Some are loud and anxious to learn, but others are just loud. Some of my classmates are quiet and eager as well. Most classmates are very friendly as the semester goes on.

My classmates are full of life and wonderful. They all are open to new people and new ideas! There are many different ethnicities as well as cultures that will allow one to gain new incite on many different things!

Students in my particular major are very outgoing and goal-oriented. Several students attend the SI sessions available on campus and are very studious. They all seem friendly and all want to do well in classes.

My classmates are involved on campus, with many opportunities to join organizations that leaves less students out with nothing to do on campus and more students with something positive to do on campus.