Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

SFA is just the perfect size campus and the professors are always willing to help students. You can walk anywhere in about 15-20 minutes. All the academic buildings are close together and in the center of campus. The dorms surround the academic buildings. The recreational center was built a couple years ago and is amazing. There is truely something for everything including indoor track, treadmill, dance classes, yoga, pilates, weights, raquetball, basketball courts, kickboxing. The school also has clubs for everyone ranging from rodeo and fishing to intermural softball and football to equestrian and bowling.

It offers you free tutoring at no cost and its very helpful when u need assists on your work. The private tutors can really help you out especially if you do not understand the class. The school has an on campus movie theater with the previous movies that just the movie theaters. The tickets are at a low cost of $1. You can never get bored on campus not matter what day of the week it is. The Student Activities Association (SAA) plans activities for the student throughout the whole entire month. All of their activities are free at charge.

SFA not too big and not too small. The class sizes are just right for student-teacher interaction as well as student-student interaction. Also, SFA is in the middle of a VERY friendly town. It's smaller size than most universities gives the feeling of a more close-knit, family-like environment. SFA also has over 200 clubs available for all kinds of people and also allows students to make their own. In addition, the president of SFA is more than willing to listen to students' ideas on how to improve the campus and to make it happen.

The unique qualities for SFA that made it a deciding factor was the amazing Rec center with a lazy river, hot tub, and awesome pool. There are also amazing natural trails through beautiful forests on campus and outstanding programs to involve students within their degrees. For example I?m an Creative writing major and there are visiting professors with real life experiences in their fields; touring poets and writers; an on campus Lit Mag; and faculty members who get involve even before you become a student.

The close-knit community of SFA created a unique sense of becoming a part of a long-lasting family when I became a new student. Students, faculty, staff, and community members go above and beyond to make students feel welcome. Becasue Nacogdoches is the oldest town in Texas, students here get to experience a unique culture of rich history and small town pride. I believe SFA is a university that provides students to experience a secondary education in an environment that is unparalleled.

The most unique thing about Stephen F. Austin State University would have to be all the great traditions that the school has to offer such as the purple ring dip, watermelon spring bash, bonfire, and many more. It is also a great environment where a student could feel safe and comfortable enough to give it it's all. The students are also very nice and welcoming and all your professors are always there when you need them, and the school itself offers a great variety of majors.

The campus size is much smaller than the other universities I considered. As a result, my class sizes are substantially smaller averaging between fifteen to twenty-five students per lecture. I like the class size because it allows me to form a personal relationship with my professors and I feel like I do not get lost in the crowd. I do not like the idea of being in a a classroom with three hundred other students where the professor can not even call me by my first name.

Stephen F. Austin State University is very unique in a sense that not only do you feel at home, but in the comfortable environment, you can grow into a well-rounded adult. There are tons of activities for students to engage in, as well as study groups to maintain that hard earned GPA. To top it all off, the school is located in the oldest town in Texas, so if leaves you with a strong passion and understanding of our history and where we come from.

I like Stephen F. Austin better than the other schools I considered because unlike the others, SFA has student leaders, professors, and other staff members that personalize themselves with the students. At orientation our orientation leaders connected with us and helped us with anything and everything. They were just like one of us. The campus is great too. There's so much shade and you can get places very easily. The eating places are great too.

I looked into many great universities, but what stood out the most about Stephen. F. Austin was its serene beauty of many beautiful trees and the fact that it lays in a small town. I have learned that in smaller towns, it is easy to meet new people and to actually see them again on a regular basis. Knowing many different people in one town is beneficial in things such as taking classes, forming study groups, and finding jobs.