Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

I think here (at least for my major) you get a lot of experience. Even more experience than I would at a bigger school. I know many of my professors and keep in contact with them, which is very rare. My sister went to a muge bigger school in Texas, and she is jealous of that fact. There are many more opportunities here to grow. There's lots more opportunities to be a leader in clubs, as well.

The school is small and well suited to hold a little over ten thousand students with a rich small town experience in the woods while we pursue our degrees. Everyone is generally friendly and always willing to help. I can disappear into the woods whenever I feel like to take some time alone or if I need to study.

The school spirit and unity that we have here is greater than any other school I know of. We work hard but we also make time to enjoy ourselves while getting our desired degrees. The courses and professors here prepare you for the real world 100% and have industry connections like none other.

I think the school spirit is what sets this school apart from the other schools. People love to go to the sporting events here. They tend to have lots of fun around here. They tend to go all out too. Face paints, painted axe handles, purple haze shirts. Its all good fun.

To be a small to middle-sized school, the school spirit is second to none. It is only 30 minutes away from home and the campus gives a friendly vibe to everyone who visits. After every SFASU win a purple light is visible on top of our largest dorm, this is very unique!

Everything is student lead. There are very few active professional adults other than the regents who have any governance on campus. Students lead, organize, and are responsible for 95% of the activities. Students are also responsible for judging unbecoming conduct.

Something unique about Stephen F. Austin State University is the amount available help offered for anyone struggling with a class. Stephen F. Austin offers personal tutors, student instructor groups and walk-in tables all for free.

I consider all of our student organizations unique. We have over three hundred of them there is one for everyone. All of the organizations help with networking and help us grow as college students and adults.

Stephen F. Austin was right for me because it was far enough from home that I would be able to have the real college experience but still close to home that I would be able to go home if I had wanted to.

There's nothing unique about that school at all. It was not my first choice, the other schools I considered where further away and my family wanted me closer, so I was obligated to choose this school.