Stephen F Austin State University Top Questions

lauren

I think it is about par for a university. I have to study quite a bit

The professors are really good at knowing your name by a month into school and they really make an effort to connect with you and make sure that you are getting everything out of the course that you need. Class participation is common because that is one of the ways that the teachers check to make sure that you are learning everything you need to in order to stay on top of things. A lot of students hold study groups outside of class or talk about the class with each other to further understand the material and review for quizzes or tests. Students try to help each other out and make sure that each other is following along with the teacher so that nobody gets left behind. I spend some time with professors outside of class either asking them questions to clear up any misunderstandings I had about what they taught or doing honors projects for them, which consists of extra work or an extra project that requires further understanding of the material that's being taught in class. I do these extra projects to better understand and make sure I hold onto the knowledge that the teachers are sharing with me so that I can apply it to my career in the future. Everything the teachers say is geared towards your future and trying to make sure you become the best in your field.

Nevada

The professors at SFASU are wonderful. If you take the time to get to know your professors, they will take the time to get to know you. I do not have a favorite course at SFA because all of the professors make the classes pretty awesome. If you ever have any questions about which professor to take, you can always check out his/her status on rate my professor. The educational programs vary as far as hands on activities go, but SFA does have many opportunities for students to get involved with the community in ways to build skills that will help with future careers.

Nevada