Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

When someone asks me about my school, I usually brag about how small the classroom sizes are. Most of my friends in other schools complain about having large lecture halls where they feel like they are just a number, instead of a member of the class. At Stephen F Austin that isn't the case. Except for your beginning level classes, and even that's debatable, you will not have large classes. Instead there will be 20-30 students in a class and the professor actually gets to know you instead of thinking of you as a number.

The things that I tell my friends about Stephen F Austin is that it has made me grow up a lot and that I have to look for my own self to find the answers about my major through other students than from the professors that should have more knowledge about this major. I just inform my friends if they ever decided to go to SFA that you should definitely make sure what they want to do before they apply there. I was not very welcomed into my major here at SFA so I am disappointed with this school.

When telling my friends as well as family about Stephen F. Austin, I am most likely to brag on the great recreational facilities that they have to accomidate students on their down time. I also love the variety of clubs that they have. Their is no reason why students should not have any motivation to join a club. I also put emphasis on the diversity. At this school you will rarely see groups of people of one ethnicity. The students here are very excepting and open minded.

Just how the professors get to know each student because of the small class size on campus. I love being known for me and not just a number out there on campus, it is a very personal campus. It really helps students to learn and focus easier when they are know by their amazing professors rather than just turning in a paper and the teacher never really knowing who wrote it.

I usually brag about the beauty of the campus. We have an amazing forested area surrounding the school, and the exteriors of the buildings are all very elegant. I also brag about how friendly and passionate most of my professors are, and the experiences I get to have as a student here, such as field trips to Houston or Dallas art museums.

I love my online classes. The resources available to us electronically are amazing. We have a great online class site as well as well updated school home page, text alerts for emergencies, and continuously updated e-mails that show us any upcomong events or reminders of deadlines.

The aforementioned class size and how great it is to be able to have a conversation with my professors rather than a teaching assistant. I also think the faculty at my university is well known and renowned, and I love that I get to study with people of that caliber.

I brag about how our school has the best student-run study center in the nation. We are also the best school for forestry. Our school also excellent education and nursing programs. I also brag about how beautiful our campus is.

I brag about the amazing pine trees and the small campus. The campus is very nice and walking around it you just feel like you belong. Also the recreational center is top notch in my book and it is easily accessible.

The things that I tell my friends are that the campus and the people here are really nice. I feel really comfortable being here. Everything in this community is very convienent for all students.