Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

The worst thing is the tuition price that's raising to build facilities that are not catered to all of the student population. We needed better parking but they took away one of our parking lots to build a new child development center, which is great because it will attract more students but lets let them pay for it with their tuition. Another thing is that our campus needs updating but the town can't attract enough students to allow for that to happen either. Mostly because the old people in our town won't let it grow.

The only negatives are the lack of parking on campus, housing on campus for nontraditional students, and that it?s in a town where the housing prices are outside the range of a typical broke college student. As a student with a pet I can?t live on campus because of the typical ideas about dogs on campus and the apartments charge crazy fees for pets if they allow your breed at all. The only other thing would be the hours for the indoor pool during the winter, less than three hours really early or late isn?t logical.

The worst thing about Stephen F. Austin State University is the cafeteria food. The school has consistantly started buying worse and worse food over the last couple of years. When I was a freshman at this school, the food was actually pretty good. Now, I'm mostly buying mac and cheese or soup from Walmart because I can't stand the cafeteria. Not to mention they are over crowded and way loud. When I do go to the cafeteria I usually get a to go box. But they have decided to reduce the size of the boxes.

The worst thing about my school has to be the server system. Either that or the cost of tuition. Stephen F Austin "updated" their online student resources and nothing seems to be working quite as well as they had hoped. The server goes down often and stays down for a while and miscellaneous errors appear when trying to access your personal account. Every semester I have had issues with registering due to this new system, which in turn doesn't let me register for the classes I would like to have.

The worst thing about Stephen F. Austin at the moment would have to be the over population of students, which leaves very little parking spots for us students and an uncomfortable stay in dorms. With some students having to triple up in their dorm room opposed to having just one roomate. While parking spots are scarce the university is making adjustments by building a new parking garage, at the expense of tearing down an old dorm building. It seems counter productive and not well thought out.

The worst thing about this school is the underage drinking. I do not participate in any events involving alcohol, but the school has the reputation of being a "party" school. Since starting, I have heard numerous accounts of freshmen becoming drunk - even on school days! School is a time for you to learn and continue your education, not to go out to the local bar and party every night and then be proud of it! If you wanted to get drunk every night, why are you wasting money on college?

The worst part about my school is the housing services department. The facilities are pretty dated and could use a certain amount of tough love. Most of the dorms are not very attractive, both on the outside and the inside, and the ones that are aestetichally pleasing are much too expensive for the average student to afford. It would be much more bearable ot live away from home if the facilities were more inviting and home-like.

At Stephen F. Austin State University, parking situations are the worst thing about the school. Due to construction, it is hard for an off-campus resident to find a parking space. Even before construction though, it was hard to find a space and usually the closet spots were about a 30 minute walk to class. Other than that, I really do not find anything wrong with Stephen F. Austin State University.

The worst thing about SFA is that it is outgrowing itself. The incoming classes are just getting bigger and bigger. Housing has becoming a major concern. Some of the rooms that use to double occupancy are now occupied by 4. Parking can be an issues in some places around campus also, but they are getting ready to build another parking garage and a freshman only dorm.

In my opinion, theo worst thing about Stephen F. Austin is that because it is not a very big university it is more impacted by things happening in the world such as the recession . However, the small size of the university is also a great thing because students feel a great sense of community.