Stephen F Austin State University Top Questions

Zenia

SFA has a beautiful campus, but they allow students to smoke right outside building doors and it's not something that's appealing.

Mark

Without transportation methods, it is difficult to get to a store to purchase everyday necessities.

Brianna

The wost thing about my school is the requirements to live off campus. You must have 60 hours or be 21 years old. This is the worst thing to me because one of my best friend's family has move out od state and now cannot get an appartment to stay in during breaks when the school closes.

Alex

The price. That really should be self-explanatory, but...I have no real way to pay back the loans despite years of trying. (But, if worst comes to worst, I can just Kickstart, or sell my programs I am making, thus giving me an income.)

Holly

The bad reputation the school gets for it being a "party school" makes it difficult for people to take me seriously when I say I attend SFASU.

Alyssa

Probably the administration. Although they try to be helpful it can be very hard to get straight/accurate information from them. The different departments are not always in line with each other concerning the information they hand out to students.

Gria

In my opinion, theo worst thing about Stephen F. Austin is that because it is not a very big university it is more impacted by things happening in the world such as the recession . However, the small size of the university is also a great thing because students feel a great sense of community.

The town is very small. There's not lots to do if you don't get involved with something on campus.

Charli

I would consider the worst thing about the school to be the location. There are very few things to do here and its all very expensive. The next biggest town is thirty minutes away so if you have a car and gas money, things might work out better for you.

The worst thing about my school has to be the server system. Either that or the cost of tuition. Stephen F Austin "updated" their online student resources and nothing seems to be working quite as well as they had hoped. The server goes down often and stays down for a while and miscellaneous errors appear when trying to access your personal account. Every semester I have had issues with registering due to this new system, which in turn doesn't let me register for the classes I would like to have.

Ekebnta

The Worst thing at my school is the fact that we don't have adequate parking for everyone.

The only negatives are the lack of parking on campus, housing on campus for nontraditional students, and that it?s in a town where the housing prices are outside the range of a typical broke college student. As a student with a pet I can?t live on campus because of the typical ideas about dogs on campus and the apartments charge crazy fees for pets if they allow your breed at all. The only other thing would be the hours for the indoor pool during the winter, less than three hours really early or late isn?t logical.

Ashton

It's an older campus so not everything is new, but that's what makes it different.

devin

my fmily is not with me

Brandy

The worst thing about SFA is that it is outgrowing itself. The incoming classes are just getting bigger and bigger. Housing has becoming a major concern. Some of the rooms that use to double occupancy are now occupied by 4. Parking can be an issues in some places around campus also, but they are getting ready to build another parking garage and a freshman only dorm.

Jane

The worst thing about this school is the underage drinking. I do not participate in any events involving alcohol, but the school has the reputation of being a "party" school. Since starting, I have heard numerous accounts of freshmen becoming drunk - even on school days! School is a time for you to learn and continue your education, not to go out to the local bar and party every night and then be proud of it! If you wanted to get drunk every night, why are you wasting money on college?

The worst part about my school is the housing services department. The facilities are pretty dated and could use a certain amount of tough love. Most of the dorms are not very attractive, both on the outside and the inside, and the ones that are aestetichally pleasing are much too expensive for the average student to afford. It would be much more bearable ot live away from home if the facilities were more inviting and home-like.

Esteban

The worst thing about Stephen F. Austin at the moment would have to be the over population of students, which leaves very little parking spots for us students and an uncomfortable stay in dorms. With some students having to triple up in their dorm room opposed to having just one roomate. While parking spots are scarce the university is making adjustments by building a new parking garage, at the expense of tearing down an old dorm building. It seems counter productive and not well thought out.

Myranda

At Stephen F. Austin State University, parking situations are the worst thing about the school. Due to construction, it is hard for an off-campus resident to find a parking space. Even before construction though, it was hard to find a space and usually the closet spots were about a 30 minute walk to class. Other than that, I really do not find anything wrong with Stephen F. Austin State University.

Trevor

I would definitely say tha party party enviroment. Stephen F. Autin State University tends to be very big on parties and other extracurricular activities that many incoming freshman are unable to focus on their task at hand.

Timothy

Its a good school, I cant think of anything wrong with it.

Liliana

Registrating on-line for classes.

nicole

The cafeteria food on its bad days.

THe cafeteria food and dorms

joanne

well, its only my first year here and honestly the only thing i didn't like was not knowing anybody here. meeting new people has changed that for me and i love this place.

kerri

The dorms need to be alot cleaner and more update then the prices they are asking for them.

Bry

people leave on the weekends, no real night life on campus, shuts down on the weekends.

Brady

The worst about my school is bad time for some classes like a Monday and Friday late afternoon class were there is to much information and not enough time to learn it.

The lack of campus/city wide transportation for students leaves most feeling disconected from everything

Laura

The need to update some of the science labs is the worst thing about my school. They are functionable but it would be better for the faculty and students if some updates could be made.

Kathryn

Parking, Administration, Cost.

Ivette

The loud, unfocused students who drink and play loud music.

The worst thing about Stephen F. Austin State University is the cafeteria food. The school has consistantly started buying worse and worse food over the last couple of years. When I was a freshman at this school, the food was actually pretty good. Now, I'm mostly buying mac and cheese or soup from Walmart because I can't stand the cafeteria. Not to mention they are over crowded and way loud. When I do go to the cafeteria I usually get a to go box. But they have decided to reduce the size of the boxes.

Tunisia

The worst thing about my school is the lack of stores near campus. The nearest Wal-Mart is pretty far if you don't have a car.

Roberto

the environment

The worst thing is the tuition price that's raising to build facilities that are not catered to all of the student population. We needed better parking but they took away one of our parking lots to build a new child development center, which is great because it will attract more students but lets let them pay for it with their tuition. Another thing is that our campus needs updating but the town can't attract enough students to allow for that to happen either. Mostly because the old people in our town won't let it grow.

Sherri

The fact that atheletes get more schoalarship through the university than the people who want to be educated and who really deserve them.