Stephen F Austin State University Top Questions

Students who do not like to study, students who skip class and want to party all the time should not attend Stephen F. Austin.

I really don't think there is a person who can't attend this school. They have so many clubs, organizations, and activities for everyone from all walks of life. This school and all the people who attend it are accepting of each other. Even if someone is worried about how they'll be treated they can get great counseling or other services provided by the school. I was impressed by the different services they provide, so that's probably why I sound like a spokesperson for them.

Riley

Nacogdoches is a pretty small town, so if you don't like living in really small areas, it probably isn't the school for you.

cheronda

While college may be a great investment, it’s not like investing in the stock market: a prospective student can’t just fork over some money and let someone else worry about how to make it grow. For college to have any payoff, students must participate in the process by going to class and engaging with course materials, peers and instructors. The cost of college includes not just monetary costs but psychological costs, which are highest for those who either strongly dislike classroom instruction or have to work particularly hard to get anything out of it.

melanie

The kind of person who shouldnt attend this school is one who is not serious about their studies or their life period. The school goes out of its way to help with the success of the student but if you arent serious than that will not help!

An individual that is not open-minded or racist should not attend this school. SFA is a vary diverse campus which makes it a lot of fun. I have met some students that are not open-minded to new people and ideas and those are the students that do not enjoy it here.

Martika

The person tha shouldn't attend is someone that like to party alot, because there are tons of parties going on during the week and weekends.

Esteban

I close minded person would have to be the type of student I wouldn't suggest come to Stephen F. Austin. While it may seem ironic because it is in East Texas, and Texas seems like a close minded state, the abundance of cultures in SFA is enormous. We are a very well mixed pot over here which represents what The USA is, The Worlds Melting Pot. If a student isn't ready to open up his mind and ears to new things this campus may not be the best for them.

Natasha

There are all different kinds of people that attend SFA and the all seem pretty welcomed. I would say someone that is very close minded shouldn't attend SFA. There is something for everyone at that school you just have to find your place there.

A person who needs a large city or surronding may not want to attend my school. It may not offer them a variety of the social life they need from a big city. If they are not use to a small town, I think they will lose their interest in staying at that college and find themselves going home every weekend.

Johnathan

Honestly almost anyone can attend SFA, however it is more plesent when the people that want to come here are willing to learn, and get help when they need it, and not minutes before the test, quiz, etc.

Trevor

A person with no determination and dedication should not attend this school.

Stephen F. Austin is located in a very small town, so there are not many things to do off campus. If someone is going to a university with a main intent on wanting to have fun off campus then I would not suggest SFA to that person.

Someone who is looking for pursue a career in a big city.

kerri

Someone who should attend this school is someone who is not serious about their education or doesn't care what happens to them

I believe any type of person can attend this school. SFA is very diverse! The school president and faculty are very open to listening to student's ideas and opinions. I think that anyone thinking about coming to SFA should expect classes no bigger than 100, a beautiful environment, freedom, and a variety of activities & food (on and off campus). He/She should also expect a small town of a little over 27, 000 (not including the students), historical monuments, and some small/dark country roads. If a person can't handle these things, they shouldn't attend SFA.

Someone who knows when to have fun and when it's time to work

Stacy

Stephen F. Austin might not be a good choice for a student that is very quiet and to themselves. Although there are so many people around to make friends with, those who don't get involved to meet those friends become very depressed and stay in their rooms a lot. Then they end up going home every weekend and then switching schools at semester. You have to let your gaurd down a little and meet new people.

Someone looking for the big city life or fast paced.

Mandi

Those students with really low GPA's from highschool and those who aren't serious enough. EX: The students who will instigate professor's irritations. Students who can't follow the rules or have a history of vandilism should also not be allowed to attend. We have too many students who vandilise, pull fire alarms and steal others belongings. A little honesty would be nice when you find something thats not yours .

Cassie

If you are not use to small town life you shouldn't be here. If you like more artistic activities you probably will be bored with our school.

Someone who is looking for a large school and does not want to be known by their faculty should not come here. Also someone who does not have school spirit or wants to get involved in anything should not come here because they will stick out like a sore thumb. School spirit and getting involved even if we lose games or if its being part of a small club everyone here has ALOT of school spirit and is involved with at least one group on campus so someone who doesnt take pride or doesnt get involved should not come here.