Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

The most frustrating aspect of this school is dining services. Students with less than 60 hours must live on campus and purchase a meal plan. I don't mind living on campus, but having a required meal plan stinks! The food isn't even that great to begin with. I met with the nutritionist and the dining services director, but they are not working with me that well. I have requested a reduced meal plan because of a digestive disorder, but they are not willing to work with the students. It's so frustrating!

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about my school is probably the ridiculous small fees that students have to pay. I knew college would be expensive, but my goodness, most students cannot afford these insane prices. I had to pay for my tuiton, my dorm, my meal plan and my books. Then I had to pay for a P.O box, scantrons and clickers (if you have a science class, you may need to). Students don't have a lot of money. The universities cannot expect us to pay for all this by ourselves.

The most frustrating aspect about this school is new as of this past year, where they are trying a new idea of having students register, first by grade-level (which is acceptable), but also by surname. With a surname that ends in a Z, and as a freshman, I was dead-last to register for my new classes. As I am moving up in grade-level though, I will gain a bit of recovery for classes, but the worry that I would not gain entrance into the classes/teachers I was most hoping for was incredibly worriesome.

This is my first year coming in as a freshmen i so far haven't seen anything that bothers me maybe the fact that there's not as much divesity as I am used to. I feel like there's only a few hispanics which is great i hang out with all races but it feels a bit different in my opinion. In no way am i saying this school is racist or only accepts certain races I am just saying that some races take a bigger percentage of the student body than others.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the policy on pets. I would love to have a dog, and I completely understand not allowing a bunch of dogs or cats in a new dorm. But have students agree with a roommate, no more than one or 2 furry animals in a room (a decent size room) and pay a down payment fee in case something gets destroyed...or just take it out of housing fees and put a hold on grades until the damages are paid.

That some people just don't care about the school that much. It's starting to change, which is exciting. Other than that, the choice (or lack of choice) of meal plans. And off campus parking. I could walk from my apartment in the time it takes to find a parking spot and walk to my class.

The most frustrating thing about Stephen F. Austin is that the state of the economy has caused tuition to rise and the amount of financial aid available has decreased. There are also stricter restrictions on receiveing financial aid to students that are really in need of it.

Finding a parking spot can sometimes be difficult. Also, registrating for classes on-line is very frustrating. Everyone is trying to get on-line at the same time which causes the system to have errors and sometimes it takes a long time to get your classes.

It's frustrating that all the classes aren't taken seriously. Yes, you get to slack sometimes. But I'd rather learn more and work harder than not learn everything that I could without all the hard work. I guess it depends on the major, though.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the great lack of parking and housing. Stephen F. Austin has grown exponentionally in the past year and it doesn't seem as though the administrative team is doing much to accomodate for it.