Stephen F Austin State University

« See more reviews of Stephen F Austin State University

The reason why I chose SFA is the fact that they offer an online degree program. I am a single parent of two boys and need to keep a full-time job while in college. Their program allows me work, take online classes, and spend time with my children. I?m very glad that I can get a degree without my children suffering (short term) without my time. The online degree itself is another plus for SFA, education. I plan to teach middle school math. This will give me more time with my children throughout their childhood as well.

I believe the best thing about this school is the commitment that is expressed by the faculty and the school in general concerning the success of the student. The school has a extensive tutoring program with many layers of assistance to the student. There is a energy and excellence while at the same time exibits a warmth and overall state of comfort that helps a new student gaina feel of success. The students are serious in their studies but there is fun and espire de corps that is prevalent everywhere.

The best thing at our school would have to be our school spirit and how competitive our student body is when it comes to our majors. Our school colors are purple, purple standing for loyalty, power, and ambition, which describes the SFA student body to a T. Everywhere you look our campus is covered in purple constantly reminding us of what we stand for and what we are capable of and that is how our student body continues to have this reputation of being competititve in our studies.

Honestly, the two things that first drew me to this school was the environment and the sense of strong community. The climate and landscape reminded me of Tennessee (where I was born). Meanwhile the community is inviting and warm, and coming from a large family, that was what I was looking for. To this day, I feel safe walking around campus at night. Secondly, the art department at SFA is wonderful, and the teachers are extremely talented and drive you to reach your potential.

The best thing about my school is the ready availability of campus tutors whose fee is included in tuition. I is very convenient to have english majors check over your english papers and physics majors help you with your physics homework. The AARC, where the tutors are stationed, is my favorite and most used school resource. It is on the bottom floor of the library. That at makes it easy to ask them a quick question or make a long visit while doing homework at the library.

I like that it is in a small town because it really makes you appreciate the city-life more. When I come back home for the holidays and for summer vacation, I am so appreciative of all of the entertainment options that I have available to me. Living / going to school in a small town teaches you not to take anything for granted. The scenery is so pretty and is full of green trees everywhere, whereas the city's availability of natural scenery is so scarce and sparse.

I consider the community the best thing about my school. There are always activites to get involved. The staff is always incouraging students to do things in the community so that the student can become more connected and have a better college experience. There are many opportunities for students to make friends and that is what makes a person want to do well in college so that they can stay at the university and make new friends with each coming smester.

The atmosphere and the people at my school is the best thing. My school provides the tool that I need to succeed in getting the best college education that I can achieve. The school is located in a small town and it allows for me to focus more on my education than being distracted with other events. The school is small enough where the professor and the workers at the school make you feel welcome and safe. I don't feel like I am just another number.

With approximately 13,000 students, Stephen F. Austin State University it is large enough that there is always someone new to meet, but small enough that you do not get lost. There are all kinds of on-campus activities, but also plenty of quaint attractions off-campus in Nacogdoches. SFA is a small school in a small town. This fact leads to a close-knit campus and strong support system for students.

The Best THing about my school is that isnt that big i like the enviorment and the people here are very nice and friendly. I am getting along with everybodt also at my schooli dont feel like i am a number i could go to my professor's and actually talk to them face to face instead of having a converstion over the computer. Overall this is a very nice place to be and to go to school at.