Stephen F Austin State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stephen F Austin State University

Carrington

Stephen F. Austin State University is a medium sized university with great school spirit and students to match . The university goes above and beyond to make students and parents/guardians feel at east with their children's education, transition, etc...

Mercedes

Overall, a good school with cool traditions.

Avery

SFA is a great living and learning environment. There are organizations available for all types of students. This school supports it students and puts them first in all decisions. My classes have always been small and my professors accessible. I am thankful for my time at SFA and have tremendous Lumberjack pride.

Imani

I call SFA my second home. I was not very excited to go to SFA at first, it was about my third choice on my college list. When it came down to things it seemed like I would be unable to afford my first and second choice colleges, so I had to chose between SFA and community college. I chose SFA. I did not begin to love SFA until I went for orientation. From there, I began to fall in love with the college and all the opportunities that were available. After bring there for almost two years now, I can now say I truly bleed purple. AXE EM!

Kataryna

It is a very nice campus. The professors and students are always helpful. Classes are a decent size which is something that I really like. It is a quiet campus which means it is easy to sleep in the dorms which is important. One can walk from any of the on campus living buildings to almost any of the buildings for classes in ten minutes or less.

Erika

It's a great campus that is full of energy and has a lot of friendly people. The campus is medium size, so you will always run into the same people you have met and it's easy to make friends. The educational buildings are not that far from the dorms and cafeteria. The class sizes are about 25 to 50 which depends on the class. The professors want to get to know who you are and help you pass the class. They provide office hours in case you need help or need to get in touch with them. There is always some type of event going on at school, so it's easy to get engaged or be apart of something. Our school is big on sports, so we like to show our purple pride at football games and basketball games. They have intramural leagues and club for students who want to play recreational sports. Our recreation is home to a nice pool, work out stations, dance halls, racquetball, rock climbing, and basketball gym. The school can be quiet which makes it perfect for walking and enjoying nature. The only downfall is that there are not many shopping places to go to around the area. The closest city where there is a mall is 30 min away. Also since there isn't that much to do around the campus other than going downtown. The fraternity is always promoting parties so students can have a great time on the weekends. Overal the school is a great place to attend and I recommend it to anyone

Kayli

I love SFA! It is a great school where they take into consideration how the students feel, and try to make it the best that it can. I admire that when there is something that is not going well, the workers are already trying to find a way to fix the problem. The professors are very understanding, at least in the college of forestry they are, and they are defiantly there for the students. If there is an issue you just have to go talk to them. It is a great school to go to! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good place who wants to foster their skills to their true potential, while meeting life long friends and getting a great education.

Olivia

I have really enjoyed my past 3 years at SFA. The campus is absolutely beautiful, especially in the spring when the flowers are in bloom. If you are a football fan, the team isn't the best but both men's and women's basketball is amazing as well as women's volleyball. Classes are a manageable size, especially when you get into classes for your major.

Hayley

I was very worried when I was accepted into Stephen F Austin State University. I felt that it was going to be too far from home, I was very wrong. I feel that I have created a new life in this little town. I know that once I graduate I will be an amazing teacher because I was taught by the best!

Veronica

I really like that the campus is small enough that you can walk building to building in ten minutes. And I also like that it's big enough that you don't know every student on campus. The professors are kind and care about their students and the class size is just perfect that the professor can talk to every person. It's overall a great campus!

Madison

It is a good school if you are into smaller classes and an even smaller town. There is not much to do outside of class. But the academics are good overall. There are definitely a lot of professors and counselors here that really care about helping you achieve your goals.

There are not enough things to do, or eat, around campus. The on campus living is not good at all. The food in the cafeteria is also terrible. There are little vegetarian, and no vegan options. For people who are not Christian it is a bit hard to find your religious, or non religious, niche. The Class sizes are great and the size of the school is great. You get a lot of one on one time with your professors. The school and academics is awesome, but the town is a bit small and conservative.

Zakhia

I have a love/hate relationship with my university. If SFA improved the dining hall and the on campus living experiences I think I would like my school a little more. Also I think SFA needs a cultural upgrade. I understand SFA is a PWI, but I would love to see more diversity on campus. For example, it would be nice to have more urban performers at homecoming. Besides these minor adjustments that need to be made I believe SFA is a creditable school with great professors and the most beautiful campus I've ever seen!

Alex

It's relatively cheap. The bureaucracy is suffocating, and could definitely do with more automation and ease of navigating. The food could definitely do with a revamp to be a bit more healthy than typical fast food joints. Walls in the housing are always extremely thin, so you'll know just how long the "party" is lasting.

Nasia

Stephen F. Austin State University is a beautiful campus. There is plenty to do on campus. If you cannot find a club that fits you, you can always create your own. Greek life is present, very helpful, and inviting. Academics are average and the school is limited on professors. Anyone can create a great college experience on campus if they are willing to. Everyone is nice, open and inviting. There is plenty to do!

Alexus

Very involved faculty.

Joice

Stephen F. Austin is a really small rural university. I love the fact that the classes are small or average size because you get to be more interactive with your professor. Sports are a big thing here and the students love supporting. The academics in the school are really great. The only thing SFA lacks is diversity and culture. It is not as diverse as other universities and that can intimidate minorities. Although they do have some resources, they do lack compared to other universities. As the years go, SFA is becoming more diverse and cultured. This change is due to the students' motivation to change SFA. Students are such a big part of the SFA and Nacogdoches community. Also, SFA is in a really small town and there is not so much to do. If you're a big city girl or boy, SFA will not be for you.

Cleo

It’s a nice size school with something going all the time due to the numerous organizations. Pretty scenery and great weather and a duck pond on campus. Overall, great school academically because teachers encourage you to participate and step out of your comfort zone. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for fresh air and some challenging classes.

Cassandra

Stephen F. Austin State University Is a great school! It is set in the middle of a forest with pine trees everywhere you look. The class size is not to big and not to small which makes it easier for individuals to stand out. Professors are nice and seem to care a lot about there students. Even though SFA was my third choice school I am glad I choose to go there. Can't wait to see what my senior year has in store for me!

Stephen F. Austin is the perfect sized, homey campus to attend! Class sizes are relatively small, professors are kind and caring, there are many opportunities to be involved on campus and facilities are nice. As any university, parking can be a bit of a pain and I have had better financial aid experiences at other universities, but SFA is a great choice for a degree.

CHAMP

BEST SCHOOL IN TEXAS. YOU LEARN AND PARTY NON-STOP

Sara

I am proud to call myself a Lumberjack of SFA. The people here who I've befriended and the professors here who are associated with my major, and therefore are the ones whom I've gotten to know best, are people who have nothing but my trust, respect, and admiration. I came to college with the expectation of being educated about the merits of creative writing, and thusfar I have been exceedingly equipped with new knowledge that has only increased my passion and skills for the subject. Any issues I've encountered have been only with inanimate objects and intangible entities, never the people, and the people are what make this place what it is. The people here have shown themselves time and time again to be caring, genuine, and helpful. SFA's student body and staff are welcoming, witty, intelligent, and proud to be here, and those aspects have created an atmosphere of dedicated community that I cherish and that I believe serve as a crowning achievement for any educational establishment.

Ky

I feel it is a nice and enjoyable campus to attend. There's a wide range of people that attend SFA which makes it so you can easily make friends here. SFA provides a great educational environment that gets student prepared for the work force. With many things to do on and off campus SFA never tends to get boring and always provides many opportunities for visitors and students. Overall it is a great campus and one I'd easily recommend to those planning to attend college.

sirena

Overall I think that SFA is a great school. The class sizes are generally smaller which gives the professor the ability to really get to know the students and are able to meet with them one on one. It seems like there is always an organization set up with a table showcasing all the different groups the school has to offer.

Francia

I love the class size at this school because you are able to reach to them more easily. You are able to connect with your teachers better in case you are looking for internship or jobs opportunities because they get to know you better. There is a lot of on-campus academic help to better your grades or answer class-related questions in case you cannot get a handle on your professor. As far as extracurricular activities go, we have hundreds of clubs and organizations where you can meet people that like the same things as you. Overall I love my school, there is always something going on and the people here are all very nice to each other regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, political views, etc.

Stephen F. Austin State University is a smaller university with smaller class sizes which is beneficial. Generally, staff and students are very helpful and friendly. The professors care about their students and want them to succeed, always giving them opportunities to boost their resume and experience. There are many great clubs and organizations on campus pertaining to each students interests, such as ones that are centered around community service and volunteer work, sports, or common hobbies. There are events pertaining to student engagement at the recreation center as well as the residence halls.

Jasmine

I think that Stephen F Austin State University is a great school. There are always things to do on campus and the school spirit is contagious. It's a wonderful place to be. I really like it a lot here. It feels like I have one ginormous family here.

Kelly

beautiful campus. everything with in walking distance if you live on campus. awesome game day experience if you like sports. our band rocks. nacogdoches is known as the oldest town in texas and down town is great to spend a day exploring. come for a campus tour. everyone is friendly and helpful

Erik

My overall opinion about Stephen F Austin University is the best university and reason why is because this school is small and that means that the classes are small so that teachers can get to know you better. Also, this school has a free tutor in the library if you need help in your classes.

Monica

Stephen F Austin is my home away from home. I love the small-town feel, and there is always something to do. There are clubs and organizations for anything and everything. Everyone on campus and in town is very friendly, and its easy to feel comfortable as soon as you walk onto this beautiful campus!

Kyla

I love this school. The teachers are always reachable and helpful. Everyone is so nice and friendly on campus. I love most of my classes. I love all of the organizations that are available. They are all so fun and everyone in them are so friendly. I just love this school so much!

Katlyn

I'm a Lumberjack for life. I love it all. I wouldn't change a thing about the school. The food, people, and school spirit is great. Definitely a great school. Nowhere else could compare. The town is 100 percent Lumberjack Country, and they are all so friendly. The town bleeds purple just like the students do.

Aylin

it is a very pretty campus and it is so big and it is one of my first choices. I love the mascot they have because it relates so much to the school and to the students personalities. They have so many people that are so welcoming to others as well as they have great transportation.

Kimberly

I love the small time feel of Stephen F. Austin. It is very helpful to have smaller class sizes and more available professors. When it comes to academics, SFASU is great. Greek life is important at SFA, but academics are more important. The professors help all their students reach their potential. SFASU is a great University to attend.

Jake

Overall I believe Stephen F Austin State University (SFASU) is an amazing college. The campus is beautiful from the architecture of the buildings to the native tree species that inhabit the campus. The professors are top notch. They know what the are teaching and are willing to sit down with students one on one. The average class size is 25 students which is perfect because it allows the students and professors to get to really know each other. Here you are not just a face in a crowd. The dorms on campus are kept in good condition and there are many options when choosing how you would like to live on campus. There are also plenty of off campus housing opportunities from apartments to houses. Sports and other extracurricular activities are taken pretty seriously and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. All in all I would highly recommend this school.

Michaela

When it comes to SFA I love my School! When you hear of the city Nacogdoches, people say where is that? But for this small city, I feel at home. This school is amazing, I love the class size and all the different organizations they have here on campus.

William

Stephen F. Austin is a great school that makes you feel safe. It's clean and there is relatively no crime. Academics are great but it highly depends on the professor that is teaching the class. Some buildings are old and outdated but other buildings are new and nice. Overall, it makes for a good college experience.

Keyana

Stephen F. Austin State University is a great campus with a numerous amount of academic opportunities. There are several on campus organizations and plenty of chances to study abroad in places such as Rome, Costa Rica, and Ireland. Many degree plans are offered, the average class size is 29, and 85% of faculty members hold the highest degree in their teaching field. Fun fact: Nacogodoches is the oldest town in Texas!

Krystal

I think the school sucks the life out its students financially, but does provide great assistance with academics.

Dan

It's a great school, offers many opportunities to volunteer and to join a club. You really feel the love when games are going on since everyone comes together to cheer on the team. The scenery is something I will never get tired since I come from Houston, TX and having nearby trails to go biking is great.

Kathryn

I love the Campus and People. I do wish they would be stricter of Dorm faculty and staff, specifically CA's. I have met a few dorm staff who, though presented with a problem, just outright don't care. Other than that, I also wish that free printing was more readily available. Though we had an area that offered free printing to students at one point, it was later taken away and reserved for student organizations only. Now all students have to pay.

There are definitely some high points and low points here at Stephen F Austin, but one thing we do not lack in is school spirit. I recently accepted a job on campus giving tours for perspective students and all everyone talks about is our spirit and how big we are on traditions. These are my favorite things about SFA.

Alison

Stephen F. Austin State University is the best college out there! Stephen F. Austin is a smaller college so you are always seeing people you know, yet it is still large enough to get the college feel. Nacogdoches is a small town with neat shops and various activities to do. Another great thing about Stephen F. Austin is that there are so many clubs and organizations it is easy to get involved. I would highly recommend Stephen F. Austin to anyone looking at colleges!

Baritia

overall it is a very good school and I would attend that school.

I attended SFA back in the early 2000's. This university could not have been a better choice. The campus size is perfect for someone who is overwhelmed by giant schools. It's also on of only a few colleges that offer a major in Deaf Education. If I lived closer I would attend for my masters degree.

Jillian

It is a small town with a truly nice campus. We are surrounded by trees and it is so calm. The professors are very kind and the small class sizes help them get to know each student individually. The walk around campus is maybe ten minutes from one edge to the other. Anywhere you need to go is a five minute drive. It's great.

Tiffany

As an incoming junior transferring in this fall from a junior college, Stephan F. Austin State University has a warm welcoming feeling as soon as you step onto campus. Every employee and student that I have met absolutely love SFA. As you walk around campus, you can feel the lumberjack pride and spirit no matter where you are. I can not wait to join this fall and to Axe 'em!

Chelsea

It’s not a bad school and can be fun. There’s a Greek life presense and other clubs and organizations. There’s a tutoring center in the library called the AARC with walk in tables for some of the biggest subjects. The library is not open 24 hours though.

Caleb

It is a good college I hope to graduate from. Although it has many drawbacks, such as the poor sports and barely passive food. As an athlete attending the school, I enjoy it and hope to continue attending this college, i have met some great people and i really enjoy the quality relationships I've made at the college.

Haley

I love it at Stephen F. Austin State University, it has become my home and I love the environment and all of the resources! The academics are also really great, I've found that I actually learn things that I could use in life, not just learn things for a test. I'm having an amazing time!