Stephens College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stephens College

Shannon

I personally love my school. If you are looking for a small campus size with women who want to help build you up every day, this is the place for you. The campus is pretty liberal and there is a huge call to activism, our professors are always easy to get ahold of, the dorms are relatively large, AND we are pet friendly. The town surrounding Stephens is such a great area to live in as well. We are neighbored by two other colleges, so there really is always something going on. Stephens is small, but if you feel like you're missing out on a program/class or event, our school has partnerships with the others so nothing can stand in your way.

Madison

An incredibly important and empowering school, that will change you for the better!

Rebecca

Imagine being at a summer camp for a whole 10 months with your best friends. That’s what Stephens College is like. It's a small, all women's college in which the most passionate women attend. The dorms are ancient and get hot most of the time (just like camp, right?), but is seriously the best place to be. The tight knit community allows the campus to have high levels of support which instills success in the students. The professors give loads of creative support and constantly push the students’ initial ideas so that the end product turns out better than anyone thought it could. Therefore, the student environment is intense because everyone shares the same passions and have a certain craving for knowledge. It's quite inspiring and easy to make close friends. There are plenty of activities and clubs to participate in on campus that aren't the most organized, but are fun nonetheless. The only downside of the college is that one must live on campus to maintain scholarships given by the school, and the food is pretty mediocre (sounding like camp yet?). Overall, Stephens College is a great school that inspires creativity and makes one never want to leave.

Alyssa

Stephens College is a quaint school that focuses on their students and allows them to grow and succeed.

Tia

I absolutely love Stephens College. It is such a unique environment. The location definitely has something to do with that; campus is right in the middle of downtown Columbia and is sandwiched between Mizzou and Columbia College. With that being said, campus is actually fairly small, so you really do get the best of both worlds. Stephens College is a women's college. I was super scared of this at first, but it has turned out to be the most amazing experience. The girls who attend here are the most genuine, loving, and strong women I have ever met. They aren't kidding when they say Stephens women are bound to do great things. This is also a pet-friendly institution. That's right; bring your pup along with you. I actually brought my 130 pound Great Dane to school with me. We squeeze in the dorm room, but it is so comforting to have your furry friend right by your side as you embark on the new adventure of college. Going to a small liberal arts school is incredibly unique in many ways. One of my favorites is the relationship students foster with staff members. Professors are kind and always available for assistance. I can walk my dog around campus and have a full conversation with the school's President if she's out and about. I almost never see a face I don't recognize. If you're looking for a crazy, wonderful, diverse environment to throw yourself into, Stephens College is definitely for you.

Liana

Stephens College is a nice college; I honestly love this school and I'm glad that I attend this school. It is a bit price-y, but it is a private 4-year college. The school does its best in accommodating its students and the problems we may encounter on campus. I love the class sizes here on campus, and being an all-women private college means our campus size is pretty small too, around 1,000 or so. It makes the environment of the classes and the campus feel more close-knit. Also, it means that you actually know the professors since there are not as many students in their class compared to a larger universities (like Mizzou for example). I am a bit disappointed in the lack of math classes and a math major program as well as the lack of foreign language classes. The campus is extremely safe though, with campus security available 24/7.

Darby

Stephens is truly amazing. There are not enough words to write about the kind of bonds that are created through Stephens College. From the professors to the students and even to the classes, Stephens is without a doubt an incredible environment and an amazing school to be a part of.

Phoenix

I enjoy the school a lot, they challenge me in ways that I appreciate and don't feel too overwhelmed. Though I appreciate them also acknowledging that we have outside lives to that can interfere with academics, regarding personal/family problems, work, etc. I'm very happy about the faculty and staff, because they are willing to help us.

Nandi

Overall Stephens College is a great place to be. Although everyone will have some sort of issue with the school, whether it be the lack of pork alternative in the cafeteria one day or the limited parking, we all still feel at home. We are a school of little families, and when it matters most we come together as one big family. Academically, we are constantly challenged. Things can get tough though so our professors keep regular office hours. some will also come in at night and even on weekends to lend a helping hand. We watch out for each other. Even though we are very competitive (highest essay grade or best fashion collection) we help one another to rise above our struggles.

Erika

Stephens College is a small yet lively liberal arts campus located in the heart of downtown Columbia, MO. Students are generally academically/politically conscious and bring their varying life experiences to every discussion. The faculty encourage this type of engagement of difficult conversation and lesson plans to help students in constantly developing their ideas. They also encourage students to take those ideas out of the classroom to our internships, publications, and work places. Or even just our organizations here on campus, of which there are plenty. As for the location: being located downtown in the art district means that there is plenty to do any day of the week within walking distance. There is also a park and a lake within walking distance and there are constantly events happening there as well. Overall, Stephens College provides a supporting and tightly knit academic community pre and post-graduation.

Destiny

I think Stephens College is a wonderful place to be accepted! I've visited to college without a tour once, but I do plan on going back for an official tour in the spring. I like how certain pets are accepted on campus too! It brings a great feeling at home to students who may be far from their home!

DonNellya

I really enjoy Stephens college. The faulty and everyone in the community treat you like family. its like your home away from home. There is so many activities to get into on campus and around the community so you are never bored. The people are so friendly and easy going, you make new friends every where you go.

Miranda

I enjoyed Stephens academically, but as a student athlete I wish the school put more faith and support in their growing and ever improving athletics department, especially when our athletes make up a majority of our student leaders and have some of the highest GPAs on campus.

Stephens College is a wonderful community. Everyone is always available to help one another and does just that. The professors are always willing to help and with the small class sizes, the professors are able to know the students personally. The food is incredible. There are always various options for vegans and vegetarians and people with gluten allergies. The on campus housing is phenomenal. It is always kept clean by the wonderful facilities staff.

konia

It is a great school, the education is a great opportunity. Stephens college is here to help you succeed. They are friendly, kind and understanding to what your going through. They have so much to offer when its what you want to do with your life.

Yunis

I love Stephens so much! It is such a great school to attend. The professors there are always willing to help you and they are very passionate about the subjects they teach. You always feel safe there with security there 24/7 and the dorms are a bit worn down but it still very comfortable. Plus everything there is so close and in walking distance such as downtown and Mizzou.

Alyssa

Stephens is wonderful for liberal women who value education and personal relationships with professors. It is a beautiful campus full of very accepting and inclusive people.I have been very pleased with my time at Stephens College. We have an amazing greek life on our campus that I love being a part of.

Jillian

I am a student that will be starting in the fall of 2018 and I have visited campus multiple times. The students, faculty , and advisers are all so friendly and they make you feel right at home. I believe that is important because it will be my home soon. The campus cafeteria serves the most delicious food and there are so many options that everyone can find something they will enjoy eating. I am so thrilled for my dog and I to be calling Stephens my future school and our home.

Madison

I absolutely love Stephens College. Wether your studying medicine, fashion, or will be performing in one of our world renowned theater productions, it’s the sense of family, unity, and empowering women that repeatedly stands out to me. According to our president, Dianne Lynch, “If I don’t know your daughter by her first name before she graduates, I haven’t done my job”. For me that speaks volume and further reminded me why I choose Stephens College to be my home away from home.

Allyssa

Stephens College is a great atmosphere. I have absolutely loved it since I stepped on campus and I am excited to be a part of the amazing things to do on campus. There are plenty of trails or parks if you are an outdoor person, but there are also lots of cafes and libraries for those that are into staying in as well.

Morgan

Being an all-womens college, Stephens is a very safe space for women in today's world. The school has creativity around every corner and a very intimate campus. The true beauty of this campus comes in the fall, when orange leaves adorn the hundred year old buildings. The students and professors are very intelligent and accepting.