Sterling, KS
Sterling College-Sterling

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sterling College-Sterling

Josiah

Overall a great school to grow as a person and learn who you really are. Being able to grow spiritually, and teachers always being by your side to help you along the way. That students are great and are honest and good, the sense of community is more than imaginable, every time you compete in a sport it feels like the whole town has your back.

Bryant

Sterling College-Sterling is a great college within a great Christian environment. I took a planned athletic recruiting visit to the college and loved what I experienced. There was a great selection of food in the cafeteria, dorm rooms are basic but do have a common living space on each floor where you can cook, microwave, relax and watch television. I rank this college a 4 of 5 stars. I decided to attend Sterling College.

Johanna

I really like the campus. It is really nice. the only problem is when it rains the sidewalks sometimes get swamped. Almost all the classes are within easy walking distance. The facilities are kept clean and the staff is nice. The professors can be accessed through their office hours or email. The food in the cafeteria is good. There are two options that change daily plus pizza, hamburgers, and a sandwich and salad bar.

I love Sterling! Class sizes are small and personal and the professors are very supportive. Also, a large number of students are athletes and we are all so supportive of each other. Teachers are also very understanding when it comes to missing class for sports. There are many different clubs as well. We also have an amazing art program that is very involved. Sterling is a close-knit community where everybody knows everybody.

The campus is big enough that you don't know everyone but small enough that you recognize faces. The dorm life is very involving, the RAs host hall events which most of the girls attend. It really lends to a feeling of being at home on campus. The professors are always open to helping with what ever you might need, and the faculty are always friendly.

Dear High School Self: 1. Ask questions: If your brain is churning with questions, ask your teacher! It will not only benefit you, but it will benefit those around you that may be wondering too! Questions foster learning. Teachers are there to help you! 2. Don't procrastinate or just get by: The habits you form now will carry over not only into college but also into the rest of your life. By waiting until the last minute or not utilizing your full potential, you're only hurting yourself! Be proactive. 3. Actually read your textbooks: I know it's hard to muster up the willpower to flip open that dusty, outdated book, but there is so much knowledge you can acquire! You may think the teacher is asking too much, but you'll find you actually retain more and enjoy the material when you read it to the fullest! 4. Don't be afraid: Uncertainty is associated with new beginnings, but don't make a mountain out of a molehill. You will be right where you need to be. You will have friends. With a hard work ethic, you will succeed. Capitalize on your circumstances! Sincerely, Your Future Self

The best thing about Sterling College is the sense of community. Classmates, professors, faculty/staff all want to get to know you, and probably will know your name even when you don't know who they are! Everyone here is so open and willing to help you and wants to see you succeed. The open, friendly atmosphere fosters the highest learning and allows students to feel at home away from home.

A person who doesn't like to be involved shouldn't attend Sterling College. There are so many opportunities in every different facet that it is hard not to be involved. If you like to fly under the radar, think twice before coming because everyone will know your name! Secondly, if you don't want to know Jesus or come to know him, Sterling College might not be the place for you. Sterling College sheds the light and love of Jesus Christ to all students through campus ministry, chapel, class time, etc.

Celeste

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life, and making the transition would be, "do not wait, find a way and take your education seriously!" High School is the stepping stone to college; high school gives you the edge you need to be ready, from basic algebra to chemistry. Having a young mind and taking the material you have learned in high school will make the transition so much easier for the college level material. Take your education seriously, always strive for the best and always be one step ahead, if do these steps then you will be successful and unstoppable. When you feel tired and you begin to say you cannot do it, reverse your feelings. Tell yourself you can do anything and picture your future and will overcome this obstacle. College will not be easy but having an overall understanding that it will be your education that will provide a secure future makes it worth it in the end. Imagine two to four years from now; you will be a well rounded individual with a job you enjoy going to everyday, stability, security and a college degree!

Danielle

My school is a small campus, so there are no chances of anyone getting hurt, the Sterling community is very welcoming about who comes here and doesn't judge by athletic ability, or even race.

Going back in time to myself as a senior in high school would be the most amazing experience in my life. I would not change that much, except I would tell myself to become more social. The biggest thing about college is being social, making new friends and going out and doing things with others. Now as a freshman in college, I didn't take very many of those chances and now I am starting to regret it. I grew up focusing on my grades in high school so I could get to college. In college, it is about grades, but it is also about having fun. Not that I didn't have fun my first semester, but I could have had more.

The one thing that I think is best about my school is the college community. Everyone on campus knows everyone else. The campus community feels like a family. Let's say if someone got in trouble on campus, everyone else knows about it by the end of the day. Being on campus with 899 other students there iis a good chance of making new friends right away.

December

Sterling College keeps students very busy with homework and classwork.

Sterling College keeps students very busy with homework and classwork.

I was never actually a senior in highschool; I graduated at the age of sixteen through homeschooling. If I could go back in time to talk to myself while I was still in highschool, I would tell myself to rededicated my time and efforts into learning as much as I can. Even though I have always been a dedicated student, college is not as easy as highschool was. There is a lot more homework and classwork and projects and essays and material I will not understand until I have read it till my eyes hurt. I would tell myself to always perservere and never let myself quit so I wouldn't just keep quitting when stuff got too hard. Lastly, if I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would assure myself that I can do it and tell me to always give it 110%.

I wish I had known that attending a university would be very expensive and it is not as easy as high school was.

Autumn

I would describe my classmates as being individuals who understand the value of knowledge, and acquire to be more than the average person in life. Not only do they desire to attain more, but also are individuals who stay on task of what is needed to be learned and inquire into whatever is being learned to further their understanding of it. THis would be my view of my classmates and how I further motivated to become a student such as this.

If I was given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, the two bits of information I would most definitely tell myself are that I need to prepare myself more by researching the types of classes that my engineering major requires; the second bit of information that I would tell myself would be figuring out my financial situation. I would tell myself the first bit because, although I had chosen my major, I wasn't quite prepared in a sense of knowing what type of education I would be learning, or the types of careers in this field. Not only that, but once I began my college career, because I hadn't researched the types of classes my major requires I feel that my classes are skewed and not in unison towards my major, so far. The second bit I feel like I would need to tell myself is because now that I've began my college career in a private institution, tuition is difficult to maintain without becoming in debt. Now that I have reached this point, I feel there were some steps I could've taken to lessen my financial problems.

In my opinion, the type of person that should be able to attend this school would be someone that is self-motivated enough to want to learn more about the types of matters that create our society. Not only learn about society itself, but through a Christian aspect. They should also be someone who craves to acquire more knowlege and applies that knowledge to make a difference in the world, and in helping others understand this same knowledge. Lastly, someone who shares the same desires with their fellow students, whether it's in their aspects, goals, or need of knowledge.

Sterling College-Sterling administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.