DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Taebatha

Younger me, this is vital information I'm giving you. I know your going through a rough time right now, but it works out. Focus on school right now. It's more important than you realize. Get involved in dual-enrollment and get a few college courses done. As for Sean, just be his friend. That's best for him and you. When you leave for basic, don't be scared. You meet good people and become close friends. But do not, and I repeat, do not become a stick. You will hate that job and Chief will be out to get you. Also, change your MOS on classifications day- trust me Aircrew is not worth it. But if you do keep it and go to special physicals don't say you've had issues breathing, they will kick you out. And when you start college get all your papers in early. They make you run around in circles. Also- on your FASFA, number 38 is wrong. I wouldn't say we made mistakes this year but we could have made it better, so for you and me just listen to what I've told you and do your best.

Erica

Stetson University is best know for its School of Music.

Stetson University is best know for its School of Music.

I would give my self the advice to "take a chill pill". The college life is all about self growth, academically socailly and culturally. In highschool I believe i was too high strung about everything when college is nothing like that.

Stetson is full of all kinds of students. Stetson is the melting pot of student types, pretty much any person can fit in here.

Kaleigh

Small campus with lots of student activity.

Small campus with lots of student activity.

I would tell myself not to be afraid of talking to the faculty and staff or of making friends. I would say that the people at the school are nice and helpful and that I would make a lot of friends. I would also tell myself to try to be more outgoing and to not be afriad to speak out.

Someone who only plans on partying and not focusing on their studies.

Dalia

Being a child of immigrants who did not even finish high school I had no knowledge or encouragement to attend college. If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself that there IS hope for me. All I needed was proper guidance and to seek answers from the proper personnel. There is Financial Aid available all I needed to do was fill out the application, something that I had no knowledge of at the time. I would let myself know that I could have started filling out scholarships. There is hope, there WAS hope. There was not a need to join the military, deploy, and endure the hardships I have now in order to attend college.

Caitlin

I was quite the slacker in high school and almost wasn't accepted into Stetson University. My GPA was unimpressive and I graduated with no honors. I also had atrocious study habits and a bad attitude. My study habits caused my grades to suffer my first year and a half of school. This complicated things once I decided I wanted to pursue a career in medicine, as my academic record doesn't make me very competitive and I will most likely have to complete a post-baccalaureate pre-med certificate program, costing more time and money. My bad attitude (combined with living off campus) kept me from forming many friendships my freshman year. I also took a semester off and started in the spring, forcing me to take summer classes just so I could graduate on time. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to be more ambitious. Get better grades, start school on time, and go out and join clubs and make friends as a freshman. These things enrich the college experience and make all the hardwork so much more worthwhile.

The best thing about Stetson University is the size. It is a small liberal arts university and the size affects everything about it. Classes are small (usually between 15-25 students, with only the popular prerequisite courses reaching about 40) so you have the ability to ask questions and really get involved in the lectures, as well as recieve personalized attention from faculty. Although it is small, there's a wide variety of activities, and a lot of diversity among the students. Also, less students means more free stuff, like printing, laundry, and beverages.

Close-minded persons should avoid Stetson University. There's a lot of diversity at this school between students and professors with many different beliefs being shared. If you are the type that doesn't respect others' views and can never agree to disagree, you will find it difficult to assimilate into Stetson's microculture.

Kellie

I would tell give myself more encouragement. When I originally went to college back in 1987, I did so with a horrible attitude. My parents had filed BK, they couldn't help me. financially My dad was laid off and my mom made $30,000 per year , I couldn't get financial aid. It was all on me. I worked full time while going to school full time. That didn't work out well so I ended up one semester, one class. So after 4 years of struggling, I finally gave up. I would have told that high school girl to not give up, ever. Education is so important in life. I would tell her to find a way or just to keep going even if it took 12 years. I would also have told my high school self to have better organization skills. This is so key to secondary education. I started back in 2010. The classes are exceptionally fast paced in nursing and pre-nursing. My Anatomy/Physiology classes alone I spent over 70+ hours a week in class and studying. My 4.0 GPA and acceptance into two different schools nursing programs reflects those oganizational skills.

My classmates are focused and dedicated to their school work. They always put education first.

Always put education first. Concentrate solely on your classes and homework. Study hard and review your notes at least once a day and always be prepared for class. Don't stay up late. Getting enough sleep every night is extremely important as well. If you are running on less than three hours of sleep, it is more than likely that you're not paying attention in class and dozing off instead. Do not overthink things and try to be as stress free as possible. This is going to be the best four years of your life. You're going to meet new people, gain new friendships, and be introduced to a variety of cultures from around the world. Enjoy it!

A person who is completely dedicated to their studies. Someone who is driven academically, while able to maintain an adequate social life. Stetson is both a studious and social campus.

Stetson University is best known for it's School of Business, School of Music, and Law program. It is known for it's tight, kniship connections with the students and the teachers. It is known for it's excellent student teacher ratio this 12:1 on average. It is known for it's diversity from club sports to the diverse activities and opportunities given to everyone.

Looking back to my high school self, going into college, I would tell myself to take advantage of every activity and opportunity given to me at Stetson. Because it is such a small school, the possibilities are endless. I would tell myself to be as outgoing as possible and network as much as I can. Networking can help you with your future in many different aspects. I would also tell myself to stay positive and always remember that in the end, it'll always be okay. Because no matter how difficult some life situations may seem, they can always be worse. I would tell myself to be extremely grateful for the abundance of opportunities handed to me, and the numerous of close friends that are always there for me. Lastly, and probably the single most important advice I would give myself, would be to work hard at everything I do. Talent alone means nothing. Talent can't grow unless you practice, never give up, and work your very hardest in every possible aspect. In order to reach my goals, hard work from the very beginning is extremely detrimental.

The type of person that should not attend this is school is a person that does not care for education and learning and bettering themselves as an individual. Because the second you walk on the campus, the aura of the students and teachers make you want to thrive to be the best possible person, friend, and student. Everyone's positive energy at the school makes you want to learn and flourish as best as you can. Individuals who are not interested in growing in any aspect, should not attend a University like Stetson.

Brittaney

Stetson University is a place that welcomes diversity and an eagerness to learn that I feel I would not be able to find anywhere else.

I would start off by telling myself that hard work will get me everywhere I need to be in life. College has taught me that perserverence and willingness to get things accomplished is the key to success. I was very focused in high school, but I never had to be as dedicated to my work as I am now. Stetson University has allowed me to develop a sense of responsilibity and work ethic that I didn't have in high school. The best advice I could give myself is that all my good deeds and hard work are what count in college, and to continue on the path I have started trekking on.

The worst thing about my college? I believe that Stetson University doesn't give out enough money in scholarships for struggling students.

Caridad

If I had the change to go back in time and tell my high school senior self, I would say to not be scared of the future. Don't hold back to the decision that can really make or break you.In high school, education was my top priority; and it still is. When I was accepted to Stetson University, I was escatic. Here in my front of my eyes was an oppertunity I couldn't pass up. But, I was scared about what my family would say, how much the tuition was and if I could even afford it with finanical aid's funding. Now, after a year being on Stetson's beautiful campus, I can say that I made the right choice. So, if I really went back to my high school days? I would tell myself: "Take the change to make a better you. It will pay off. Don't be afraid. If I have the support of my friends and family, I can do anything. You will do everything."

Any one can come to Stetson! Like I said before, it's such a great place to really open your eyes to a new town and your mind to your surroundings and education. The year that I was accepted slogan was: "Dare to be Different". Stetson encourages us to be diverse with our cultures and what we have so far come in contact with in our young lives.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.