DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Kou

Stetson University is a private university where a student is an individual instead of a number.

Stetson University is a private university with a small student to teacher ratio, which makes it unique compared to other schools that I had considered. The students are individuals rather than just a body in the class. The professors make an effort to learn each student's name and the students are actually able to communicate with the professors. When I went to visit other schools, I was never guaranteed that I would have a chance to talk to the professor.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn how to manage my time wisely. In college, there are many social activities to choose from but one must understand that academics come first. As a high school senior, I sometimes made having fun my number one priority. This made the transition to college life a little more difficult because my parents are not here to tell me to focus on my studies.

Matthew

Stetson University is amaxing and beautiful and fun and awesome and educational and wonderful.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to find more scholarships so that I could be financially stable throughout college. I would also tell myself to shop around for textbooks because they can be extremely expensive. Finances aside, I would let myself know that college is a great deal more fun than high school and that I would meet a lot of great people while attending Stetson. Also, becoming involved in as many organizations as possible while in college is the best way to meet friends who share common interests and even long term goals. I would also want myself to know networking through many organizations is also essential to being someone in college. Finally, I'd really want my high school senior self to know that going to college means becoming independent and striving to improve one's self every day. It means growing up and trusting your own instincts while trying to accomplish any seemingly trival goal. It means that with each acamdemic and social accomplishment, no matter how seemingly insignificant, you are doing it on your very own, and that is something to be proud of.

The educatoin because all of the professors have doctorates and they know exactly what they are talking about and are also very helpful.

Jeremy

From my perspective, Stetson University is best known for its School of Music. I am a piano peformance major.

“Jeremy, life is action, right here, right now. Face things today as they are at this moment. Your life is an evolving history. The things you know, feel, and experience help to make you who you are. Don’t live in the past; live through it. You have learned many lessons time offers and today you use the past to create the living history of now. No one is ever going to live for you but yourself. No one can be happy or unhappy for you but yourself. It doesn’t make a particle of difference what all the world thinks, if you know something constructive about yourself. As you make the transition to college life, carry with you everything out of the past which was of the nature of love, truth, faith, goodness, and reason. Create a greater sense of flexibility, of love, a greater sense of tolerance, a deeper feeling for others, and for the universe. The seeds of today are the fruits of tomorrow. There are no real limitations except those which you impose upon yourself. Action is the law of life. Only you can choose whether it be constructive or destructive. Choose wisely.”

When transitioning from high school to college, most seniors feel ill prepared. As a college student, I would first assure all seniors that attending college is a wise decision. Not only will it provide the student with the opportunity to expand their knowledge and grow as an individual, but it will increase the likelihood of success in their future. I would advise them to set goals they strive to achieve as they go through college. This will provide structure, as it’s a guided path towards their future endeavors. Staying positive and motivated about themselves and their progress is important to stay on track. At one point, I began to lose motivation in school, which affected the quality of my work. Although students might not deem it important, exercise is essential when being a college student. Becoming physically active nourishes the body by improving neurological functions of the brain. A student will go far by going beyond their professors expectations. Keeping a powerful work ethic will help assure that result. Staying physically and mentally healthy are factors that greatly determine the outcome of a student’s college career. That’s the advice I'd give to seniors entering college.

Stetson University has its advantages and offers great opportunities to its students. One unique factor that pertains directly to Stetson, which happens to be my favorite, is the class sizes. Unlike other colleges, this university provides each and every student with the ability to work one on one with their professors. This allows for more personalized attention s between student and teacher rather than just teaching to a group.

If you are a dedicated individual that strives for success, then Stetson University is the college to attend. Someone who is motivated and hardworking will fit perfectly in this school. As long as you are willing to put forth effort and time so your future looks brighter, than you will excel at this university.

Cydney

Stetson University is diverse and very friendly.

Stetson University is diverse and very friendly.

I would say to myself don't take anything for granted. School is about learning and getting your education. Having friends and people to hang out and socialize with is nice but you don't want to neglect your studies. Losing focus in school places a hinderence on your grades.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of money you have to pay to go there. I wouldn't want to go to another school because the campus life is great, but it is hard to find enough money to pay for everything.

Daisy

Stetson is not just the place where I go to further my education, but also a place that I can call home.

If I could back and talk to myself before I ventured into the world of academia, I'd probably tell myself to come in with better organization skills. I was so thrilled when I first attended Stetson. It was my first time away from my parents. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I was finally independent! I would definitely remind my younger self to focus a little more on school and to thank my parents more for all the sacrifices they were and are making for me to attend a private institution. Plus, have a blast! It's going to be the best four years of your life, thus far...

I brag the most about our men's soccer team for being conference champs 2 years in a row as well as all of the awesome extracurricular activities, concerts, and events that Stetson offers. One time we had a We the Kings concert!

Emma

Stetson is a fun and unique campus that allows students to flourish while learning and growing from new ideas and opinions.

It's a small private school that offers small but intense classes that offer a plethora of knowledge. We have a lot of history but are always workng onbu not only staying current but staying on top of things in various fields. We have a great music program which adds diversity to the campus as well as having a strong science program. We also have a great business program and creative community.

As a high school senior I would have recommended taking more dual enrollment classes instead of only advanced placement classes. Depending on the university which you attend you may want more transferable credits under your belt so you don’t overload yourself your freshman year. I would definitely congratulate myself more for making it through my senior and high school career academically well. I would suggest finding out more about the campus and all the ins and outs and visit more than once. I would suggest really trying to get to know your admissions counselor so that you make sure the school is a right choice for you academically and socially.

George

Stetson University is a school that prides itself on the individuality of its students and gives them support to succeed in today's society and to be upstanding citizens.

My classmates are hardworking and talented individuals who are some of the best undergraduate music students in the country.

Julie

I would tell my self how important your education is and to study, work hard. I have been in the work force 25 plus years now, but last year had just been laid off from a job that I thought I could retire from. Now I find myself starting over with no degree I see how important it is to have. I am so proud of myself for going back to school after all this time and focusing on a new profession in the Medical BIlling & Codeing. I hope to achieve this on two years. It has been difficult with only one paycheck from my husband but with school and bills it has been a real struggle. So now being older I am not giving up, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to the next chapter of my life. You just have to stay positive and hope everythings works out.

Feryal

Self motivated, artisitic, and full of life.

Self motivated, artisitic, and full of life.

Stetson University is a very welcoming and nurturing University. It is perfect for students who want that one on one attention with their teachers and that want to be in a small environment while studying. The party and night life is almost non existent in the area and is perfect for students who are focussed on studying and gaining a successfull education.

To all highschoolers out there...College is a very important step in life! It is a time where you get to meet people that have similar interests as you do. It is great for networking. It is a great place to meet you future spouse, as you both would have the same level of education which will help on the long run into your marriage. It is also a great time to get to know yourself and get involved in various activities. It has trly been the best years of my life thus far, and it would be a shame for any highschooler to miss out on such an extraordinary experience. To all prospective college students, do not let financial reasons get in the way of your University education. There are many scholarships available to you. You just have to put the time and effort! Remember you are the writers of your life. You have onone to blame but yourself for any path you choose and that is a great part of life to experience! Independence! So, make sure you get your GPA up to standard and study well! Good luck!

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.