DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Ambreshia

Graduation is around the corner Ambreshia. You have passed all of your finals and made all of the right choices, but I fear there are some things about college that you don't know. 1.) College is a lot different from high school. For starters, you will be expected to attend all of your classes with few absences. Your mother will not be around to wake you up. You will also have a lot more free time. Use it sparingly. Teachers do not care about your excuses; either you did the work or you didn't. 2.) Living on campus is a lot different from living at home. There are no parents there are no parents to tell you right from wrong. Do you remember the time when you wanted to go to that party and your mom made you stay home to study because you had finals the following Monday? Do you remember passing with flying colors? You have to be that person who says “I will stay home tonight and study.” College is exciting and fun, but the most important thing to remember is why you are here and to accomplish goals you have set.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of diversity. I truly believe that there should be a better mixture of students who attend the school as well as the amount who participate in the University's activities. I feel as if most of the activities are geared toward the majority population of the students who happen to be the white students rather than students of some other ethnic backgrounds that attend the University.

When I brag about Stetson University the first thing that comes to mind is community. I often tell new students who are thinking of coming here that this school has a great community of students as well as faculty. Everyone tries to help you succeed. The classrooms are extremely small in size, which in turn gives the professors a chance to get to know you on a personal level and give you the attention you need to be successful in your field of choice.

Dustin

Focus more on the math and sciences because your college education as a pre med student is very involved in these areas.

danielle

I would approach myslef and tell myself that you need to declare a major and stick with it. To choose pre med and find out all the information you need to know about everything, before applying to colleges. I would make sure I would apply for as many scholarships as possible, to take my studies a little more serious, even thought I graduated top ten in the class. Going into college undeclared was the biggest mistake I could have done for my career. When I finally figured out what I wanted to do in life, I was so uninformed about my major that I was going in blind and hoping I was doing the right things. Come to find out I was not meeting deadlines. If I could go back and tell myself this, and show myself that declaring my major and finally getting into my dream college and moving away will never come to be because you will be short six thousand dollars on your tuition and have to come home and return to the community college, and how complicated things do really get once high school is over, I think I would be in a better standing.

Kou

Stetson University is a private university where a student is an individual instead of a number.

Stetson University is a private university with a small student to teacher ratio, which makes it unique compared to other schools that I had considered. The students are individuals rather than just a body in the class. The professors make an effort to learn each student's name and the students are actually able to communicate with the professors. When I went to visit other schools, I was never guaranteed that I would have a chance to talk to the professor.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to learn how to manage my time wisely. In college, there are many social activities to choose from but one must understand that academics come first. As a high school senior, I sometimes made having fun my number one priority. This made the transition to college life a little more difficult because my parents are not here to tell me to focus on my studies.

Matthew

Stetson University is amaxing and beautiful and fun and awesome and educational and wonderful.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to find more scholarships so that I could be financially stable throughout college. I would also tell myself to shop around for textbooks because they can be extremely expensive. Finances aside, I would let myself know that college is a great deal more fun than high school and that I would meet a lot of great people while attending Stetson. Also, becoming involved in as many organizations as possible while in college is the best way to meet friends who share common interests and even long term goals. I would also want myself to know networking through many organizations is also essential to being someone in college. Finally, I'd really want my high school senior self to know that going to college means becoming independent and striving to improve one's self every day. It means growing up and trusting your own instincts while trying to accomplish any seemingly trival goal. It means that with each acamdemic and social accomplishment, no matter how seemingly insignificant, you are doing it on your very own, and that is something to be proud of.

The educatoin because all of the professors have doctorates and they know exactly what they are talking about and are also very helpful.

Jeremy

From my perspective, Stetson University is best known for its School of Music. I am a piano peformance major.

“Jeremy, life is action, right here, right now. Face things today as they are at this moment. Your life is an evolving history. The things you know, feel, and experience help to make you who you are. Don’t live in the past; live through it. You have learned many lessons time offers and today you use the past to create the living history of now. No one is ever going to live for you but yourself. No one can be happy or unhappy for you but yourself. It doesn’t make a particle of difference what all the world thinks, if you know something constructive about yourself. As you make the transition to college life, carry with you everything out of the past which was of the nature of love, truth, faith, goodness, and reason. Create a greater sense of flexibility, of love, a greater sense of tolerance, a deeper feeling for others, and for the universe. The seeds of today are the fruits of tomorrow. There are no real limitations except those which you impose upon yourself. Action is the law of life. Only you can choose whether it be constructive or destructive. Choose wisely.”

When transitioning from high school to college, most seniors feel ill prepared. As a college student, I would first assure all seniors that attending college is a wise decision. Not only will it provide the student with the opportunity to expand their knowledge and grow as an individual, but it will increase the likelihood of success in their future. I would advise them to set goals they strive to achieve as they go through college. This will provide structure, as it’s a guided path towards their future endeavors. Staying positive and motivated about themselves and their progress is important to stay on track. At one point, I began to lose motivation in school, which affected the quality of my work. Although students might not deem it important, exercise is essential when being a college student. Becoming physically active nourishes the body by improving neurological functions of the brain. A student will go far by going beyond their professors expectations. Keeping a powerful work ethic will help assure that result. Staying physically and mentally healthy are factors that greatly determine the outcome of a student’s college career. That’s the advice I'd give to seniors entering college.

Stetson University has its advantages and offers great opportunities to its students. One unique factor that pertains directly to Stetson, which happens to be my favorite, is the class sizes. Unlike other colleges, this university provides each and every student with the ability to work one on one with their professors. This allows for more personalized attention s between student and teacher rather than just teaching to a group.

If you are a dedicated individual that strives for success, then Stetson University is the college to attend. Someone who is motivated and hardworking will fit perfectly in this school. As long as you are willing to put forth effort and time so your future looks brighter, than you will excel at this university.

Cydney

Stetson University is diverse and very friendly.

Stetson University is diverse and very friendly.

I would say to myself don't take anything for granted. School is about learning and getting your education. Having friends and people to hang out and socialize with is nice but you don't want to neglect your studies. Losing focus in school places a hinderence on your grades.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of money you have to pay to go there. I wouldn't want to go to another school because the campus life is great, but it is hard to find enough money to pay for everything.

Daisy

Stetson is not just the place where I go to further my education, but also a place that I can call home.

If I could back and talk to myself before I ventured into the world of academia, I'd probably tell myself to come in with better organization skills. I was so thrilled when I first attended Stetson. It was my first time away from my parents. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I was finally independent! I would definitely remind my younger self to focus a little more on school and to thank my parents more for all the sacrifices they were and are making for me to attend a private institution. Plus, have a blast! It's going to be the best four years of your life, thus far...

I brag the most about our men's soccer team for being conference champs 2 years in a row as well as all of the awesome extracurricular activities, concerts, and events that Stetson offers. One time we had a We the Kings concert!

Emma

Stetson is a fun and unique campus that allows students to flourish while learning and growing from new ideas and opinions.

It's a small private school that offers small but intense classes that offer a plethora of knowledge. We have a lot of history but are always workng onbu not only staying current but staying on top of things in various fields. We have a great music program which adds diversity to the campus as well as having a strong science program. We also have a great business program and creative community.

As a high school senior I would have recommended taking more dual enrollment classes instead of only advanced placement classes. Depending on the university which you attend you may want more transferable credits under your belt so you don’t overload yourself your freshman year. I would definitely congratulate myself more for making it through my senior and high school career academically well. I would suggest finding out more about the campus and all the ins and outs and visit more than once. I would suggest really trying to get to know your admissions counselor so that you make sure the school is a right choice for you academically and socially.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.