DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Janelle

My school is best known for its pre-Law, pre-Med, Law, Business, and other career interests.

It reminded me of the private school that I attended from K-12. The class sizes are alot smaller than that of a community or state college/university. My high school chemistry teacher went to Stetson and recommended it to me because of their great chemistry department.

I would advise myself to go to a community or state college/university before trying to go to a private university. I could have gone full ride with everything paid for if I had gone to a community or state college; instead I went to a really expensive university which I cannot paid for by myself and thus have a ton of loans now. Due to the economy and the fact that my mother's credit is too bad for her to be a cosigner, I am currently unable to pay for my final semester of my undergraduate career and therefore, it is looking like I will be unable to finish my degree and graduate with the rest of my class this May. So, if I could do it all over again, I would go to a community or state college first.

Hilary

Do NOT pick a major yet. Picking one just for the sake of having one is not worth it, just go through an undecided/ discovery program if you are still unsure. In addition to that, just because a school is private, does not mean it is better! Bigger schools often have huge advantages in a number of areas, such as a large alumni pool and possible future connections, more extracurricular activities and clubs, and more opportunities for study abroad programs, but in the end it all comes down to what you are looking to get out of your college experience. Visit schools! Even if you think you have an idea of where you want to go, just keep browsing, why limit yourself? Really write down a list of what you are looking for before picking a school just because of its reputation or athletics. Look at where the school's alumi are now; is there a long list of success stories? Finally, college isn't all about studying, its an all around experience that only comes once. Pick a school where you will feel comfortable and where there are a number life enriching opportunities available to you. Live it up!

Do you like dissolving into the background in class? Do you hate it when the teacher knows your name? Is it too stressful to be surrounded by nice people all the time? Do you hate the beach and small town comforts? Then Stetson University is NOT the school for you!

One of the most absurd policies at this school is extremely high cost of tuition and living on campus (which is required except for commuter students or those over the age of 22). I could find an apartment or small house in the area for half of the price of living in a University owned dorm room (which is a 13 x 13 room shared with a roommate). After having asked about living off campus, I was informed that they would need proof that my parents were filing for bancrupcy in order to be eligable to live off campus.

Kristine

My classmates are usually very work-oriented and enjoy the challenging environment, along with leisure activities such as clubs, sports and organizations; I am sure they will make well rounded, excellent colleagues one day.

If I were to go back in time to when I was a senior I would not give myself any advice whatsoever. In high school I made good grades but I was not involved in any clubs and am no longer in contact with any of my former classmates. Upon entering college I made a promise to myself to change. As of now I am on the school dance team, the secretary of HOLA (Hispanic Organization for Latin Awareness) and am an active member of Phi Alpha Delta, international pre-law fraternity. I also work in Media Services a branch of IT dedicated to helping students with technical issues. I made a complete turn around because I promised myself college would not be a repeat of high school. I have made so many lifelong friends and have had the most wonderful experiences because of my aspirations to become a better individual in society.

This school is intended for people who want an academic challenge. It is also a great school for people who like to get involved. We have many organizations that foster community involvement and other causes.

Ashli

Stetson is a school focused on what the students need to succeed in the world.

Stetson is a school focused on what the students need to succeed in the world.

I would tell myself to take more diverse classes and not be too stressed out about what my major was going to be. I would also advice myself to think about double majoring, instead of focusing on just one major.

Someone who wants to attend a small school, where you are treated like a person and not just a statistic.

Irma

My school is best known for haveing the first Private Law School in Florida. It is also known for being one of the best Universitys in the USA.

Make sure to apply for Bright Futures, and any other scholarships for college. Know that you may have to apply for loans, and you can pay them back six months after you graduate. Get a Summer Job so that you have funs for college necessities ready. Always keep a 3.2GPA or higher so that you will always be eligible for Government grants and scholarships. Always do alot of community service to receive eligability for most scholarships that requier Community service hours. Always work very hard, smart, and diligent in school so that you go very far in you profession.

The best thing about my school is the educational structure and standards. Stetson University has the best instructors who work very hard to make sure that you get a very stong long lasting and refined education. All of my educators are interested in my best interest for my education. They coach me very well in the courses that I take . It makes me happy that I am receiving an education from a University that cares about my success in college.

Felicia

If I knew what I know now about college, I would definitely tell myself to take it more seriously. I would make sure to tell myself that this is not high school anymore, I have to learn to study harder and make better grades. I would also inform myself of the many people there are to meet in college, there are many different personalities to learn to get along with so it is good to be open to new things.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone with negative energy, everyone at Stetson conducts themselves in a positive manner and are all polite.

Before I came to Stetson, I wish I would have known more about greek life and how much it means to the school. I also wish I would have known more about my student account and the money I'm spending to go to school here.

nicholas

stetson university is quite comfortable and friendly, also very close knit.

stetson university is quite comfortable and friendly, also very close knit.

Stetson University is friendly, exciting, and highly educational.

Stetson University is friendly, exciting, and highly educational.

Some advice for college would be to study. In high school i never needed to study for anything, and now I have to study all the time. My freshman year I was not ready for that, and i tended to goof off. This year I know I need to study, so I study everyday. Get use to it, to do well at this school you need to study all the time. Also if you need help, go to the teachers. They will do anything to help you bring your grade up. They want to see you succeed as much as you want to succeed. My freshman year I was afraid of going to the teachers and asking for help. This year I went to two different teachers for advice on how to get my grades up, and they set me up with a great tutor and they also helped me out themselves. Some even offered a different type of test for me to take because I have trouble with multiple choice. To sum it up, don't be afraid to go to the teachers for help, remember to study, and just relax and have fun!

The best thing about Stetson is the people. Everyone there is extremely nice and very helpful. Because the classes are small, the teachers have more time and more want to help evey student who asks. It feels as if everyone knows everyone; and everyone likes everyone. Students are always willing to help out their fellow students, and the faculty are excited to help out.

Charles

To really take advantage of the skills that you learned in high school, such as the study skills. Also to make sure that you find a perefect balance between your work and social life in the first month of college. To start to become independent in your own decisions, both academic and social. Also to embrace the tentativeness of going away for school as a learning process. Finally, to absorb every piece of information that your proffesor says because they truely know everything about the subjects they are teaching.

It is located in a small town. There is not that much night life that goes on, as well as not a lot of off campus activities to do on the weekends. There is also a small Jewish population.

That Stetson University contains one of the most academically challenging Business Schools. Also that the student-professor ratio is about 25-1. Also how you are able to create a personal relationship with your proffesor, which in return could help with future job oppotunities.

Sophia

As an advanceplacement student in high school, I took more than eight advanceplacement courses. I assumed that the transition from Highschool to College would be relativly easy, and so I didn't apply my self as much as I should have my first semester. I thought that beacause of the courses that I had taken I would have an advantage over the other students. But, students that go to college aren't laid back or lazy, when in high school they where just as determined as i was if not more. By the time that reality actually sunk in it was to late for me to save my self that first semester, and I ended up with the worst most schocking grades of my entire life . So if I could go back in time and give my self some advice, I would warn myself not to get caught up in the excitment of being a freashmen in college, and remember why i decided to come to college in the first place. College has been my goal for a long time, in high school I decided that I wanted to be a neonatologist and that notthing would stop me from suceeding.

Stetson University is a great school for anyone. It has a vast diversity of students from all over the country and world. If you enjoy small close knit communnity, then Stetson is definitly the place for you. As a student if you feel that you do better in an enviorment where you can work closely with your teachers then you should definitely come to Stetson. At Stetson the class sizes are realtivly small, so you really get to know your proffessors and they are always available to give you the help you need. Stetson University is a family, a community.

Stetson is a private school, so they expect a lot from their students and push us to exceed our limits. i wouldn't so much call it frustrating, but i would call it a challenge. If you like to be sucessful academically, and you are up for any challange then definitly come to Stetson. Stetson encourages students to be the best theat they caan be and pushes tehn to the brinks of their limits acedemically.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.