DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Nels

My school is best known for being Floridas oldest private school and for being excessively expensive.

Do your best not to follow your friends or loved ones to an instatution. Find a campus that feels comfortable to you that you can imagine yourself studying at, not partying. Pay close attention to the many majors the college or university has to offer, everyone changes their mind eventually, give yourself the freedom to choose.

The experience that is provided by the faculty and staff of the University for how much you actually pay a year.

Greg

What ever your choice of college is, no matter if its your third choice, you will have fun. THe only people I have ever met not having fun or not enjoying college are those either languishing over the fact that they didnt get in somewhere else, or the one who dont take advantage of what college has to offer. It's COLLEGE. Make MISTAKES. Make the same mistake twice because it is too good to only make once. FORGIVE others. Forgive yourself. Forget things. PARTY on a weekday. PARTY HARDER on the weekends. Forget that you partied at all. Get Sick. Get so sick that you DON'T REMEMBER how you got sick. SKIP Class. Watch movies instead of doing homework. STAY UP all night before a final. Be SPONTANEOUS. Make PLANS. Break plans. LOVE. Get Attached. Get Jealous. Fall hard. BREAK HEARTS and get your HEART BROKEN. Cry, then laugh at it later. LAUGH so hard you can't stop. Have moments that you WISH would never end. Have moments you wish never began. Have CONVERSATIONS that you'll NEVER FORGET. Say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Get angry. Be CONFUSED it will all become clear eventually.

I think the food is, they just cant get a good enough quality from dining services.

I tell them how awesome it is that I came to a school with no friends and no connections, and met some of the best friends of my life in three weeks and still have them. I also rave about how beautiful the campus is and how I love the shade.

Erica

I would tell anyone that is applying to college to make sure that it is somewhere that you really want to go. I love my university but it was a very tough decision for me because none of my friends attended this school with me, which turned out to be a great thing. Yes at first it was hard to adjust, but it gave me a chance to show myself. It is also really important to find somewhere that you can afford, I know everyone wants to go to that certain school but it has to be something that you are going to be able to pay for. No one wants to come out of college with thousands of dollars in debt. Also HAVE FUN in college, and be yourself. This is your time to shine and live it up, but don't go too crazy. Its the time for you to mature just like your parents want you to.

Rich kids attend this school. So make sure you are one or can compete with them. They all drive Lexus' or BMW.

The food, it really sucks and they charge WAY too much for it. You will gain weight if you eat it so make sure you have a car to eat out.

Michelle

Take everything in consideration. The money, if you're working or commuting, or taking care of your family. Factor all of that in to help determine if the school's right for you- if it's worth it.

It was not oriented to commuter students at all. No one cared. I worked, help care for my family, and was a full-time student. No slack or understanding was given. No one was sympathetic to my needs or my situation and it made it hard to connect and speak with some professors. Also, I believe some graded unfairly, based on favoritism.

I don't think I've ever really bragged about my school before. Except that maybe it was difficult, which I don't think that counts.

Julianna

Visit the schools you are thinking about attending and actually talk to some of the students there. Get a feel for what the campus, students, professors, and community is like. You want t o make very sure that the school you choose is going to be a good fit. Also, once there, get involved. Find something you are passionate about (outside of class) and get involved in it. Utilize all the things that your school has to offer so that you can succeed acdemically (tutors, career services, academic services, professors, librarians). Also, be friendly. You will feel more at home and part of the community if you become friends with people there, and people respond to friendliness the best. Put yourself out there; be willing to be hurt; be the first one to extend help, sympathy, support, and loyalty. Enjoy college! You only experience it once.

The people: professors who actually care about the students, and students are great friends!

No on respects or teaches anything conservative.

Natai

Make sure you look throughtly at all of the schools. Please do take a campus tour, preferably while school is in session. Ask lots of questions. Ask what is the worst part on campus. Ask to go into the buildings. Ask how many teachers are of color.

How much money it would cost me to stay here not including the money they gave me. I wish I knew how may minorities attended this school. I wish I knew that the food didn't taste good. I wish I knew that it would almost be impossible for me to transfer for at least 2 years.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that tuition is way too high and that the lack of minority students. The tuition is $40,000 a year I cannot afford that neither can anyone else I know. Money will always be a major issue. The lack of minority students says alot about the school. It says that we don't want you here so don't come. The lack of diversity is just sad.

Marylin

Students should never go to college just to obtain a degree, get a job, and make more money. Individuals in our society seem to dwell too heavily on the fallacy that higher education immediately yields the promise of higher income; it does not, nor is this mindframe conducive to ideal academic success. Students should enter school with the mindframe to learn and grow into better individuals. This alone should be the goal parents feed to their pre-college students. With that said, some atmospheres fit a student's personality better than others, affective a student's potential to thrive. My overall advice would be to chose a college not solely because of reputation or stats, but because of the compatibility that school's atmosphere is with the student's blossoming potential.

I'm given all the flexibility in the world to receive a well-rounded education which emphasizes community-based studies, so that I can use my academic knowledge to engage the community.

Valentina

In order to find the right college for your child it is pivotal to visit each potential campus. A school may seem to be the perfect fit in a catalog yet may not be what your child is looking for upon arrival. For example, visiting a school and taking a tour gives a strong, accurate sense of the people on that campus and how they interact. It also truly displays the school's facilities unlike retouched pictures. Although the above is very important in finding what is right for your child, the most important thing to remember is to allow them to pick what school is right for them and stray from forcing a decision. The school that you feel is right for your child, or that was right for you, may in reality be unsuited for them, and forcing or pushing an institution on your child may take away from their college experience leaving them with "what if" questions.

The best thing is definitely the people. We are always so willing to help one another. For example, when I was on crutches people that I did not know offered a helping hand on many occasions. I was even told by girls in my dormatory, that I did not know, to come to them if I needed anything.

I wish I had known just how wonderful the people here are. I would never have thought twice about coming here, seriously.

Benjamin

My classmates are crazy. They like to party and have fun, and they are good to talk to.

I would suggest to students not to worry about whether or not you're school is going to be a fun place or not. All schools have their "party" scene, and what's most important is that you vibe with the location and size of the school you are thinking about attending.

My school is very small, so the classroom setting is very personal. It's a very personal learning environment, and it makes learning easier.

Evan

The size of the school is unique, with the small size we have it gives student a chance to get really close with professors and helps us to be more comfortable in the classroom.

I think its important to have a better idea as to what you really want to do before you apply to colleges so you can apply to schools that have the best programs for what you want to do. You don't want to know you want to study business then while you are in school decide that you want to study Asian business but then be stuck because your school doesn't have anything remotely connected to Asia. The more focused you can be before you get to college the better off you will be.

I always feel like I'm not getting my moneys worth from the school. Everything for them is a money making event.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.