DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Larry

I love stetson University!! It's a good size..not too big and not too small. The classes are great for conversation and discussion. I really found a jewel in Florida! The people are great too. People are extremely nice and are friendly. And the faculty and other people who work there are very accommodating!

Robert

It is a beautiful campus filled with great and diverse people. The departments are well funded and advanced. The professors are always willing to give 1-1 time with their students because of the small class sizes. The feeling i get every time i am on campus is that this is my home and i am so proud to be a Hatter!

A
Go Hatters!

Go Hatters!

Stetson is such an awesome place to learn and grow! I've met so many great people while challenging myself to step outside of my comfort zone and try new things. There is a nice balance between social life and academics. The classes are rigorous and rewarding. They are taught by great faculty who are always willing to help. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Maeve
Stetson

Stetson is a really great school with small class sizes, a diverse campus, and a lot of opportunities.

Stetson

Kimberlyn

What is unique about my school is the idea of family. In each class we have less than twenty people and less than twenty people on your dorm floor. I have come to know so many people in away that no other school allows their student to. My school allows for each student to connect to the students, staff and professors in away no other school allows them to. At Stetson I feel that we learn more and are more advanced when it comes to our education than any other school.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself never give up. I know that during high school that I thought that I should give up and that I would not be good enough for college. Especially having a really young mom everyone already expected me to just be another statistic. I would tell myself that what I am doing is good enough and that I am going to be accepted to an amazing school. Also that I am much greater than the statistic that I was born into. I would also tell myself that things are going to get harder before they get easier. Especially when my dad was going through Chemo Therapy but that we where all going to make it and that you are going to make it to college to further your education.

The worst thing about my school is communication. Sometimes it becomes very diffcult to get ahold of different departments. Especially when it comes to registering for classes or trying to get accomodations in place. Also when you are trying to get ahold of a higher offical in the school it can become diffcult becuase so many students want to talk to this offical. However, at some point everyone will eventually get what you need done.

Leah

Stetson’s Educational Leadership program had so many wonderful aspects to offer it students. Its curriculum was rigorous and the professors were knowledgeable and influential, but the quality that most impressed me was the way the program was setup in small cohorts. In my cohort, there were only 12 students that work together throughout the program. This small cohort allow for collaboration and team building that create a group think process that greatly increased my learning capacity and my success. The small group environment also enable me to build relationships that after 7 years I can still rely on today.

In my experience at Stetson University I had a wonderful opportunity to have the most amazing tight knit group of professors that collaborated with one another to create an effective learning environment. These professors were open and welling to speak with me on an individual basis and work to develop an influential relationship that help me develop and further my career as an educator. I believe that the education I receive from Stetson University not only was a benefit to me but to the students that I currently serve.

Kadejia

My classmates are fun, inclusive and sometimes loud and besides a more profound vocabulary, my classmates aren't very different than the ones in my hgh school Ap classes.

I've thought of this topic quite a bit throughout my college transition and while starting my second semster of college, I've narrowed down what I would say to my high school self, if given the chance. I would tell myself, "It's not what you hoped it would be. There aren't lecture halls, there's small classrooms. You'll have to interact with people you don't know. And you'll barely see your best friend that you followed to school so you'll need to meet people to hang out with. But, "And I'd smile to dejected past self, "Everything gets better. You'll meet a group nerds like yourself, and whatever you do, don't side with James for Dungeons and Dragons because he's a selfish player." Then I'd add, "And make sure, you actually study for classes and participate because it's easer and a lot morefun than you will expect. You'll know the answers, you just need to say them. And don't foget to take Mathmatical Game Theory because you actually play games in that class!" Lastly I'd say"The most important advice is to have fun."

The worst thing about my school is the price of tuition. Although the instution is private to me the tuition is overbearing and has caused many students, myslef included, to need loans and a plethora of scholarships to attend and if the school was more affordable, just by 10-20 thousand dollars, it'd be a lot better.

Maria

Steson University welcomes diversity adn global citizenship, intellectual development, and personal growth are always encouraged.

I can imagine seeing myself sitting behind the librarian’s desk at my high school as a senior, I see myself sitting there and reading, helping the librarians, taking phone calls, and helping other students. I see my sixteen year old self being socially awkward, instead of eating lunch in the cafeteria, I ate lunch in the library, instead of making new friends, I made friends with the library staff. My senior year revolved around the library, I was always in it working rather than socializing. If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more social. In high school, I only talked to a few people, I would avoid social situations, and sit alone and study If I could go back, I would tell myself that I didn’t always have to study, I could make new friends and experience new things. If I would have talked to more people in my senior year, I would be more social in my freshman year in college.

I would comsider parking to be the worst thing about Steson. For commuters it is hard to find parking spots close to campus, when we cant find a close spot, we have to park in more crowded areas where accidents could occur.

Andrea

A jar full of potential that sits in the cupboard forgotten.

A jar full of potential that sits in the cupboard forgotten.

We were slipping down into the lower classes, I ignored the fact that financial difficulties would only grow with the cost of a dimpoma. My mother had given birth to my younger half-brother Daniel just five years before, and she was already struggling to organize finances with his father for kindergarden at a montosori school. I would have then opened my eyes to the every day sacrafices my mother had made for me to go through private school as well; a luxury she made sure we could afford. If I could go back I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships in order to avoid being a financial burden to my parents, instead of being ashamed to apply for scholarships while my prep-school friends asked for the latest BMW. Maybe I underestimated what it was like to be a "poor college kid", or I didnt believe I would feel embarrassment and guilt asking my mother for tuition money when I knew she could not. Regardless of the reason why the decision to apply for scholarships didn´t happen then, I am grateful for sequence of events that led me to apply for the chance now.

The size allows for a very nice community feel between peers and professors alike. Theres a small number people too feel at home and comfortable around, yet just enough to be able to see someone new every day.

Ariana

The University of Redlands is best known for studies in communicative disorder and the Johnston program. Johnston allows students to create their own major to fit their unique interests and abilities. But I'd say really people know it for being a small liberal arts college that gives students a chance to take classes outside of their comfort zone that aren't just for general ed credits. Also the staff is truly there for the students to help and advise.

During senior year, stress flowed freely through my blood stream. I know, it's only temporary but at the time it seemed like we were all stuck in a perpetual loop of assignments, finals, tests, and applications. Breathe! Look at me, I'm alive and well; you can do this. It only gets better. For one, the people in university actually want to be there and share some of the same aspirations as you do. The atmosphere is generally more positive, so even if you're having a cruddy day you're sure to see someone you know with a smile. But, don't expect too much from the kids your age. In a lot of ways they are the same as in high school, just older and "cooler". Just be true to yourself and don't let any of it get to you. And don't worry, you'll make some friends who like you just as you are! Keep smiling kiddo and don't forget to have fun.

Someone who doesn't mind getting close to people and sharing a fun yet serious education would be at home here. If you like southern California weather and a small campus this is for you!

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.