DeLand, FL
Stetson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stetson University

Baylee

Stetson is a wonderful and well- rounded university.

Stetson is a wonderful and well- rounded university.

Stetson University is an academically challenging college that strives for excellence.

Dear High School Senior Self, Take a deep breath! You are almost there! Applying to colleges can be overwhelming. Hearing the word college may also stress you out. This is why I emphasize to breathe. College is not as scary as you think. College is a new environment, a chance for you to be anyone you want to be. Take chances, be outgoing. Don't worry so much. The other students are much more friendly than you think. Don't shy away from new experiences, get involved. Being involved on campus really helps with the transition. Take risks and discover new things about yourself. Work hard and strive for your goals. You can graduate college! Try not to be so hard on yourself when you don't get the grade you want. Learn from your failures, and reach for your own excellence. So take a breath and enjoy the ride because your time in college will fly by. Sincerely, Your Future Self

Most of the other schools I considered, while very nice, were too stuffy or uncomfortable. Stetson is different because of the many things that the university does to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They have icecream buffet nights, a beautiful campus, professors who get to know you one on one and so much more. There is a welcoming feel to Stetson that I did not feel anywhere else. Around finals Stetson offers massages and coffee break sessions to help its students get through the long study hours. Finally, Stetson is constantly trying to improve so it can be better.

If I could be a high school senior again, I would tell myself to start preparing early. Apply for as many scholarships as possible because it is insane how expensive college can be. Also, I would tell myself to look into classes as well as the professors that teach them. Talking to other students to see who to have as a professor and who not to have can make a huge impact on your workload in college. As a college freshman, one of the best things that I did was going into college blind. Meaning that I did not room with someone that I already knew. This forced me to get to know people around campus and make friendships I wouldn't normally make. Looking into clubs and organizations on campus was also a really good thing that I did. It got me involved and kept me extremely busy my first semester which helped me from getting homesick too much. In conclusion, I would tell my high school self to prepare to be blown away by an amazing college experience. It is already flying by and has been some of the best few months in my life.

When I tell my friends back home about Stetson, I brag not only about the beautiful warm weather, but also the incredible campus. Everywhere you look Stetson has character and charm. Along with beauty, Stetson has small classes so I get to know my professors one on one and really become friends with them. They want you to succeed and do all that they can to help you. It is only thirty minutes from the beach and fourty from Orlando so there is a ton to do outside of Deland. The small campus allows for friendships to form each day.

Delaney

Stetson University provides quality education in a close, friendly, personal environment.

The first piece of advice I'd give myself is to plan ahead for mistakes and accidents to happen. I'd tell myself to make sure I finish all of my school work ahead of time and save the money from my paychecks. Being granted total independence can make one feel invinsible, but when an obstacle is put in the way, having the extra time and money makes a big difference. The other piece of advice I'd give myself is to get into a healthy routine as fast as possible. As a college student who is probably working a part time job, being healthy and well rested is astronomically important. Establishing a routine can also help keep someone out of trouble and eliminate procrastination. College is the time to put the knowledge of the real world that parent's instill in their children to the test as well as learn new things. Learning new things can be a great thing, but keeping a level head and making better choices with your life is the best and easiet way to get through college.

A student looking to further their educational career with the personal help of the professors should attend Stetson University. The teachers aren't busy with a thousand other students so they have more time to spend with you. Stetsons administrative staff also makes an efford to help as much as they can to make sure you know exactly what you're doing and what comes next. Stetson is a great school if you are looking to make meaningful social and intellectual connections that will influence the rest of your life.

Danielle

When you enter a classroom at Stetson University, you may already know some one in the class due to size but most students are outgoing and willing to make friends.

Stetson University is best known for the Buisness and Law school programs that it provides. A large majority of the students on campus are either buisness majors or another major with a plan to attend a law school or the Stetson Law school.

If I were to go back to my high school self and give her advice there would be many different things that I would want to share because knowing these few things would have helped me in my transition to college. Most likely the first thing that I would tell myself would be that college is so much different from high school. No one cares about who you were in high school, whether you were popular, a jock or a geek it doesn’t matter when you enter college you are still a small fish in a big pond. Secondly I would say get involved in extracurricular activities, not only do they look good on a resume but they will give you a break from classes, studying and stress and they are absolutely the best way to get to know people. Lastly the most important tip I would give myself would be, the faster you learn to manage your time in college the more successful you will end up being. College is an amazing experience and overall you will end up enjoying it more if you are able to juggle everything that you want to do.

Lynnette

I would say do not forget to look back. I would also say do not forget to look forward. And side to side, especially when crossing the street. As light hearted as my advice may seem, it is very important advice that I did not get as a high school senior. My parents divorced when I was three. During the school year my sisters and I lived with our mother and grandparents in The Carlos Avery Game Farm. The summer months were spent working on my father’s dairy farm. I had an interesting, yet simple life. College was very different. I had chosen a private university in the city and I was the first of my siblings to go to college, so naturally I was very excited. I allowed myself to become distracted. I joined a sorority, attended fundraisers, and ‘social events.’ I changed majors, and schools, twice. I procrastinated on my homework and my grades suffered. I lost scholarships and had to withdraw. I had disappointed my family. Had I been paying attention back then, maybe I would be still moving forward. Instead I am going back to try again, but this time I have focus and determination.

Beware of people who would use you. College is a bigger world than high school, even if Stetson is a smaller campus. You can trust no one with yourself, there are people who would use you for their own gain. Your friends are not always your friends. Don't surrender your social life though, just be cautious. And don't give up your social life entirely for school work. Learning is the main purpose for going to college yes, but your mental stability is also important. Hang out with your friends more, get to know the people you live with more, be in the common area more. You can't go through life being a recluse. And hang out for that Mr. Charming, you shouldn't listen to what everyone says about them either. Because your perfect one is waiting for you, and you will find him! Balance caution, learn time management, and push the issue of bringing your dog with you more. Learn not to be so dependent, and don't panic so much about tests! Go to the sessions Stetson has for time management and study skills, use the resources! And go to the Counseling Center when needed!

Stetson's amazing professors, classroom sizes and programs! I have lots of friends that are completely satisfied with the quality of their education, and I am constantly telling people of the numerous programs Stetson has for all fields of study. Honor students can even create their own major! The professors I've had have been fantastic as well, the social science professors are terrific! They are involved and understanding. When I was going through a recent difficult diagnosis, my professors were patient and caring and completely understanding of my needing more time. The people in Residential Life are also amazing!

The financial aid office was very frustrating. They have a few excellent people there, but lately my family has fallen into deeper financial difficulties and I don't get the feeling that the staff in that office care. I kind of got the feeling of 'sucks to be you' from the people I spoke with, but I know that not all of them are like that. Some do care, I just wished they got the front offices instead. I know lots of people have had problems with them as well, so just keep track of things yourself. Don't surrender!

Marie

Don't get distracted or discouraged just because you're on your own. Significant others usually come and go, friends stand by you no matter what. It's a great school, but not for everyone.

Dear Marie, I know that you’re worried about college coming up, but don’t forget to have fun with your friends while you have a chance. Work is not everything in life right now- you can worry about loans on breaks. You have no problem making friends and it will show when you move in. When things happen that you don’t agree with or that you don’t like, stand your ground. College is the time to grow as a person, so don’t live with regrets about what you should or shouldn’t do. People see that you’re smart and empathetic. Find that balance between friends and school, and don’t take your success in high school for granted. There are so many things that you can do now that you’re “free” from the restraints. Be careful with yourself and others. Be yourself and take a couple risks, but don’t go overboard. Deep down, you know what to do. Take deep breaths and keep smiling, Yourself P.S. Your passion is being present to people. That will help your struggle during freshman and sophomore year.

david

If I had an oportunity to go back in time and speak to myself as a high school student, I would make the following sugestions: I would appreciate the teachers, I would pay strict attention to what they were telling me, I would have taken as much college credtis as I can, I would prepare myself for success at an early stage, I would encourge all my friends to do what I was doing, I would certainly get involved in every student activities that were available, I would demostrate all chrcteristics of an honor roll student, and ofcourse , I would also getin volved in some sort of community service, in order to display good charcter on campus and of campus. There are many other , things that I can say to myself, if I can turn back to the hand of time. Those beautiful advices that I have just now mentioned, have enlightened me. Therefore I am going to act as if I am still in high school. Now I am going to do everything in my power to be wne of the best student that ever walked across the college campus. Thank you for listening to me.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to stay at the school and do homework. I had a high school teacher tell me this and I didn't really listen to her because I thought I could just sit down at home and do it like I always have. My first semester in college I didn't get very good grades because I would come home and get distracted. I ended up having to withdraw from the semester due to medical reasons, so my grades didn't count for the semester. When I re-started my first semester in the Spring, I listened to the advice the teacher at the high school gave me to stay at school and study. When I did, I got so much done and learned so much more than I did in the previous semester. I know when the Fall semester comes around I am going to continue to stay at school and do my work because I get it done that way.

Stetson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.