Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Stetson is getting more diverse every year. There is a large open LGBT population here and there are quite a few international students I have met over the past 3 years. However there are not many transfer students and Stetson doesn't seem to put much effort into recruiting non-traditional students. So, if you are a little older, returning to college, or a transfer student you are likely to be the "oldest" person in many of your classes. Administration also ignores your maturity level and you are treated just like the 18 year old kids just out of high school. Except of course when you go to the C.U.B. (cafeteria) then you are treated as staff LOL. There are a lot of activities on campus for students but none are geared towards transfer students. All that being said the students at Stetson are very nice and I have not had an issue with any of them. Most are friendly and willing to interact in a professional way with other students who may not be in their "clique".

There's a bit of racial diversity on campus. Not a whole lot, but a bit. If you want to find people with different viewpoints and socioeconomic backgrounds, you don't have to look far - chances are the person sitting next to you will think differently than you, which allows for a lot of really great conversations. Don't expect to "get away" with anything if the only reasoning you have to back it up is "my parents thought this way!!" - you won't get very far! The people are, for the most part, ridiculously friendly and open to meeting new people. Most people know each other on campus, not so much so that everyone is in everyone's business, but to the extent that you'll always recognize someone wherever you are on campus.

Stetson is a very diverse community. It is very welcoming and all groups are accepted. I don't think that any specific group would feel out of place. Students outfits range from just getting out of bed to looking like they are going to homecoming, it just depends on the person. Students all interact well and are friendly. There are students from every state and you also meet students from other countries. There is no specific financial, ethnic, religious, or political group that is most or least prevalent, the school in total is well represented of all.

There are a variety of students at Stetson University. From what I have seen there is no discrimination about race or how one dresses. Like I said, we have a small school. Its hard to really judge anyone because everyone is friends or at least knows of eachother. Its not smart to make enemies of someone that you may see every single day. Your going to run into everyone a least a few times while roaming campus. Like every place you have your very opinionated people and those who are indifferent. Most students I know are from around here or up north.

The students at the school interact with each other extremely well. There aren't really stereotypes at the school. Honestly, I don't think any studen twould feel out of place here. Stetson has such a welcoming atmosphere that you can't help but feel at home. Most of the students here are from Florida but there are many from out of state and some from out of the country.

Whether it be the environment, social issues, or just their major, students at Stetson care. Life for a Stetson student is different than that of any other college student in the country. The experience/ memories and friendships you will have at Stetson will last a life time. I never regretted coming here.

Well there is the usual not-so-smart jocks, ridiculously smart over-achievers, and slackers that sleep if they show up to class, but overall the majority of my peers are intelligent and highly-focused people really trying to do well in class.

Students are pretty diverse with regards to their interest. Generally, all students are well aware of societal issues and well versed in their field of study. Typically, students are very involved in one or more school organizations.

The majority of the students here are laid back. I haven't noticed any cliques. Students here range from every level of the social status. The majority is white females, but as a black female I do not feel uneasy or segregated.

My classmates are usually very work-oriented and enjoy the challenging environment, along with leisure activities such as clubs, sports and organizations; I am sure they will make well rounded, excellent colleagues one day.