Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Stetson's amazing professors, classroom sizes and programs! I have lots of friends that are completely satisfied with the quality of their education, and I am constantly telling people of the numerous programs Stetson has for all fields of study. Honor students can even create their own major! The professors I've had have been fantastic as well, the social science professors are terrific! They are involved and understanding. When I was going through a recent difficult diagnosis, my professors were patient and caring and completely understanding of my needing more time. The people in Residential Life are also amazing!

Stetson is great because of its small class sizes. It is a huge advantage to students being able to get the most from professors during the class period. I transferred form a very large school, which had over 30,000 students to Stetson, a school with a little over 5,000. One reason being it was difficult to present questions in a large class; thus hindering students learning opportunities. At Stetson I get the most out of my classes because I can ask questions and the professors create a great learning environment where there are discussions and interaction among students.

Stetson University offers the chance to be a prominent voice within a community. If students have a club, project, study abroad program, or any general idea, they are able to present it to administrators and, if their reasoning is acceptable, ultimately they are able to follow through on the idea. This gives students the chance to stand up for their future, bringing what they need to their school rather than search somewhere else for the opportunities. Stetson is accommodating to each student, knowing every body is important and not just a number.

When I tell my friends back home about Stetson, I brag not only about the beautiful warm weather, but also the incredible campus. Everywhere you look Stetson has character and charm. Along with beauty, Stetson has small classes so I get to know my professors one on one and really become friends with them. They want you to succeed and do all that they can to help you. It is only thirty minutes from the beach and fourty from Orlando so there is a ton to do outside of Deland. The small campus allows for friendships to form each day.

In my experience at Stetson University I had a wonderful opportunity to have the most amazing tight knit group of professors that collaborated with one another to create an effective learning environment. These professors were open and welling to speak with me on an individual basis and work to develop an influential relationship that help me develop and further my career as an educator. I believe that the education I receive from Stetson University not only was a benefit to me but to the students that I currently serve.

When I brag about Stetson University the first thing that comes to mind is community. I often tell new students who are thinking of coming here that this school has a great community of students as well as faculty. Everyone tries to help you succeed. The classrooms are extremely small in size, which in turn gives the professors a chance to get to know you on a personal level and give you the attention you need to be successful in your field of choice.

Honestly, all I have to say is that I go to Stetson University and people marvel over just that alone. But if I were to brag about Stetson I would say that it is a family school. As in everyone for the most part knows, has seen, or has a class or activity with another person on campus. So you can get very familiar with your surrounding environment and therefore become comfortable. Its a wonderful school to meet people and make friends for life.

Stetson is Florida's first private university, with very rigorous curriculum and a variety of academics to choose from. The campus is conveniently small with beautiful architecture and landscaping. The teachers are very skilled in their area of expertise, and are willing to help and push students to achieve their best. Almost all of the students are so unique, very smart, have fun personalities, and are passionate for success.

Usually the first words out of my mouth are about how beautiful the campus is and how small the class sizes are. It isn't easy to be ignored here which makes it easier to keep your grades up and make friends- basically you can't just get lost in the crowd. I also say the academics are actually a challenge- a change from high school which put me to sleep. That and Stetson is decently close to the beach.

I brag about the advantages of going to smaller school to most of my friends. My classes usually have less than 30 students which is extremely good compared to bigger schools. I'm able to ask my professor questions, connect with my classmates, and even join in group discussions. I love that I can e-mail my professor and get a reply within a few hours.