Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

I think its important to have a better idea as to what you really want to do before you apply to colleges so you can apply to schools that have the best programs for what you want to do. You don't want to know you want to study business then while you are in school decide that you want to study Asian business but then be stuck because your school doesn't have anything remotely connected to Asia. The more focused you can be before you get to college the better off you will be.

Dear High Schooler Me, I know you want to take as many credits as you can your first semester: don't. Life is hard enough without eighteen credit hours of Chemistry, Calculus, Italian, and so on. Here's another idea: don't plan to major in Biochemistry. Why don't you take Intro to Linguistics instead? Trust me, you'll love it. Spend more time reading the text books, they actually work, and study hard. The first year is always the hardest. Stay strong little me. Keep at it.

I am in my second year at Stetson University. I have learned independance and how to stand on my own to feet. I was very dependant on my mom. I have learned to make decisions, life skills and time management. I really needed assistance in writting and educational planning which I have made enormus progress at Stetson. I would love to stay at Stetson and continue to grow but without the help of additional financial aid I may not have that opportunity.

The best advice I can give to myself would be to financially plan, give yourself many options, make sure that your carreer is something that you really enjoy doing, and don't rush into a decision if you're not sure. In order to make this transition I think that's the best advice I can give to myself and anyone, because by making sure to follow, and listen to those four points as a high school senior someone can make a good decision abou college.

Stetson University is a fantastic experience, and academically, it will NEVER dissapoint. Be aware, however, that the freedoms that come along with attending University and being on your own for the first time can be overwhelming, so stay connected and interested in the life of your children even when they are out of sight. With that said, however, don't assume that things are wrong just because they don't want to call you every day.

I am now a sophmore for the 2010/2011 school year, and I have to say I love Stetson very much. The campus is beautiful, the students are wonderful, and I couldn't ask for a better or more understanding staff. The small class sizes have allowed me to gain a personal relationship with a few of my professors and I learn far more than I could on my own. The small campus is easily navigated and promotes a sense of community.

visit as many schools as you can to get a feel for what you want before you even begin to apply, dont apply to just the schools your guidance counselor gives you, do your research and get a feel for where you will fit best. 4 years is a long time, you should make sure you're completely happy with your final choice, and always remember that if you aren't completely happy, you CAN always transfer! its not a big deal!

It is helpful for the student/parent to keep in mind to do their best to find the right college but at the same time they mustn't stress or worry about it. When the right college comes a long they will know without a doubt that they are meant to go there. This experience involves much hard work, but at the same time there must be a relaxed attitude---in respects to not being stressed and letting that rule your life.

The best advice I can give to a aparent and a perscpective student is to not just accept that what the school selling in their admissions process, but rather do other research and try to talk to students who are not working for the admissions department. I have worked with our orientation process and seen this happen alot when new students get on campus and then become disallusioned sometime later about the truth.

Take time in making the decision to attend college right after high school. Being a freshman at a university right out of high school can be overwelming and challenging. Having some work under your belt might help you to understand the challenges of paying for college as well as managing money. For a better and more thorough learning experience, a small university such as Stetson is great for challenging yourself.