Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Visit the campuses before making your decisions. Realize that tuition increases every year. Know that some degrees don't have a clear cut job path and researching job positions is important. Do as many clubs and activities as you can because you meet people through these opportunities.

I would tell myself not to be afraid of talking to the faculty and staff or of making friends. I would say that the people at the school are nice and helpful and that I would make a lot of friends. I would also tell myself to try to be more outgoing and to not be afriad to speak out.

Well, I don't actually have any college experience quite yet. However, the little bit that I have experienced dealing with college has been fabulous the people at Jackson Community College have been so nice to me and very helpful and I can't wait to start my college life there.

I would say to myself don't take anything for granted. School is about learning and getting your education. Having friends and people to hang out and socialize with is nice but you don't want to neglect your studies. Losing focus in school places a hinderence on your grades.

Don't go home as much freshman year. Don't get into a relationship freshman year. Just because it's a "beach day" doesn't give you a reason to skip class. Just have fun in college, it'll all be worth it in the end and you will make some awesome friends along the way :)

I would suggest to students not to worry about whether or not you're school is going to be a fun place or not. All schools have their "party" scene, and what's most important is that you vibe with the location and size of the school you are thinking about attending.

Make sure you look throughtly at all of the schools. Please do take a campus tour, preferably while school is in session. Ask lots of questions. Ask what is the worst part on campus. Ask to go into the buildings. Ask how many teachers are of color.

Be extremely cautious when choosing a school. Even when a school looks wonderful in presentation and on visits, it's a big, different surprise once you arrive. Don't be too trustworthy or willing to settle on a school without "shopping around."

Visit the college you are interested in. It makes a difference to talk to real students, not just the ones who are giving the tour of campus. Shadow someone or a class. Do not be afraid to look at a school that your friends are not going to.

In attendeding college I have met many new and fascinating people. I have learned that without true determination you will fail. College is expensive and that is my motive for actually going. I can't afford to waste money on procrastination.