Stetson University

« See more reviews of Stetson University

Stetson’s Educational Leadership program had so many wonderful aspects to offer it students. Its curriculum was rigorous and the professors were knowledgeable and influential, but the quality that most impressed me was the way the program was setup in small cohorts. In my cohort, there were only 12 students that work together throughout the program. This small cohort allow for collaboration and team building that create a group think process that greatly increased my learning capacity and my success. The small group environment also enable me to build relationships that after 7 years I can still rely on today.

The best thing I like about my university is how everyone is pushed to become involved in the community and learn a lot outside of school. With a requirement to obtain a certain amount of cultural credits before graduation, I found myself attending campus events weekly learning about life outside my own. With these cultural events, I've gained understanding to what many people face because of their ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, and many other traits that set them apart from various populations. I've learned to be inclusive and accept others for who they are. Stetson is culturally diverse.

The best thing about Stetson University is the size. It is a small liberal arts university and the size affects everything about it. Classes are small (usually between 15-25 students, with only the popular prerequisite courses reaching about 40) so you have the ability to ask questions and really get involved in the lectures, as well as recieve personalized attention from faculty. Although it is small, there's a wide variety of activities, and a lot of diversity among the students. Also, less students means more free stuff, like printing, laundry, and beverages.

The best thing about Stetson University is its unique ability to move as one mass unit toward success. Everyone on campus does their share to make sure that no one is left behind, and I mean that in the educational sense as well as the social sense. The professors on campus are eager to help students that are struggling, and will quickly find them help outside the classroom if necessary. In addition, the professors social and always enjoy chatting with the students. The students in turn are also very social and no matter what your situation you are never alone.

The biggest draw for me to Stetson University was the small population. I had been fortunate enough to be accepted to several other universities, but they were all rather large. As a somewhat shy kid, I was extremely impressed with Stetson’s small class size. Most of the classes average between 20 and 50 students, in comparison to 50 to 300 students in the larger schools. This small class size affords you the opportunity to connect with peers and most importantly your professors. Knowing your professors allows you to acquire additional assistance when needed.

Stetson University just feels right in terms of size. Though it has smaller enrollment numbers than most Floridian colleges, most of the students recieve a lot more attention from professors than most students from other univerisities with large enrollments. I prefer one-on-one discussions with the professors because I know I learn best from this method. I can learn a lot more in a class of about ten to no more than thirty students than a class of about one-thousand students. I probably would not attend Stetson if it had a high student enrollment ratio.

I love how I have alot of control over my major and set of courses I take. I do not know any school where you can mix and match Digital arts , art, computer science, and music to get the main focus and track you want. Right now I'm doing digital arts with a track in art. I am hoping to become a Game Designer or involved with the film industry since I am heavily into 3D modeling and animation (I am gaining interest in the music components too). I hope to live in Phoenix, Dallas, SanDiego, or LA.

I love the small feeling of the school, while it's large enough it's still small enough so that you're able to see your friends everyday. One of my favorite aspects is the fact that the same people in my residential hall will most likely have a class with me or a professor of mine. I love this atmosphere because you don't get lost among a crowd of people. One of my friends from UCF told me she had a class with 400 people, my largest class has maybe 30 people.

The best thing about my school is the educational structure and standards. Stetson University has the best instructors who work very hard to make sure that you get a very stong long lasting and refined education. All of my educators are interested in my best interest for my education. They coach me very well in the courses that I take . It makes me happy that I am receiving an education from a University that cares about my success in college.

Stetson is a wonderful small school and it's friendliness makes it pleasant. Someone will randomly walk up to you during the day, begin talking to you, and you won't think to respond negatively. Any school can be rigorous academically, but it's the people that make a place fun. If you want to enjoy your college years and make friends each year, and not be stuck in a rut with the same friends, then a place like Stetson may be for you.