Stetson University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stetson University

Stetson University excels in academics, but they do need to tighten up in some areas. The campus is gorgeous and being improved all the time, but there needs to be more of an emphasis on things other than sports and recruiting new students. There needs to be an actual theater, and they have been letting in more students than they have the capacity for, which has created several years of housing crisis. Recently the dining hall has been remodeled and much improved, but it still is not 100% safe for people with food allergies. Some of the buildings are also not handicap accessible yet, which is not great. With academics, the class size is no less than perfect. All the professors I have had deeply care for the emotional and academic wellbeing of their students, and will meet with them readily to discuss strategies for success. The financial aid provided from the school in the form of scholarships is amazing. I am a big fan of the History department, absolutely, as a member of Phi Alpha Theta, and the professors there know all the department students very well. Stetson is all about finding your group and sticking with them. Overall, I'm happy with my experience and would not think of transferring.

Kelly

i absolutely love Stetson University. The buildings are very historical, my favorite is the Elizabeth Hall. It's the oldest building there and it does't have elevators. I wouldn't need to buy a car since the classes, dorms, and facilities are all walking distance. Its a small home town filling campus with great academic programs like their law and financial program. On my recent visit to Stetson , the faculty and student volunteers were very welcoming and were able to answer all my questions with a smile on their face. I'm excited to become a student at Stetson and hope to raise enough money for my dream to come true. Stetson University is my dream school.

Stetson is a good university. It's in a small town which makes it convenient to walk around and a lot of restaurants are within walking distance. Teachers are always available and you can meet with them one-on-one to get help when needed. The only drawback for me is the food. The food in the Commons is not all that great but the other meal plan options are decent.

Melody

Iv'e so far love my experience here as a student. The are so many professional development opportunities on campus and the faculty at stetson have so many connections within the community. I'm saying this from the perspective as a student in the school of music though so keep that in mind. I personally love it here!

Jillian

I loved the University and I found some of my closest friends here. The class sizes are amazing and really allow you to learn and hear feedback from the professors. My largest class size was probably 50 students and even then that wasn't a lecture based class. In that classroom we learned in the classroom and watched lessons outside of the classroom. The campus is beautiful. It's a small town so there isn't much to do outside of the college, but there is a lot to in daytona/orlando. It's expensive, but if I had to do it over again I would. Just make sure to get involved and live on campus. Participate in all of the events or at least most and you will have an amazing time there. Stetson did help prepare me for the world outside of college.

Stetson University is an overall 9/10 university. The professors seriously care about each and every student and want you to succeed. They have very available office hours and love when you come to see them. The only thing that isn’t good is the food.

I love it here. The teachers are great, the learning engaging, and the general atmosphere inviting. We have some great programs and tons of amazing opportunities for everyone. Plus, the campus is beautiful! The only drawback is that we really need a Starbucks on campus.

Kayanni

I feel as that’s a university is a great school. It really gives you the opportunity to learn and to better your education and to better prepare you or either graduate school or the real world. The teachers are excellent they have very accessible office hours and they’re really willing to work with you when it comes to school and Exams .

Rosie

AMAZING

Gabrielle

I grew up in Deland, so Stetson has always felt like home to me. Even though it is a small university, it's not too small to where it gets boring. It's small enough to always see someone you know but big enough so that you always meet someone new. It's familiar and safe, so many people know each other and there are so many connections to be made. You get to know people so quickly, the advisors and teachers know you by name in no time. Soon you're waving to students you sat next to in the library and ones you met in class. One day you'll get lunch with them and go to a baseball game with your newly found group of friends. The campus is a step away from downtown Deland, where you'll enjoy days of walking through and window shopping, before sitting inside of a coffee shop to do homework or getting dinner at a local restaurant. Being a Stetson student means you're involved, you have close connections with your professors and fellow students, so much opportunity for your future, but most importantly, feeling like you've made a new home.