Stevens-Henager College-Murray Top Questions

Kylee

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I possibly could and make the decision early on to go back to school and go to college. To go to college to make a better life for myself and my future family.

Salvatore

I would go to as many schools as possible to see what they have to offer and pick the one that will give me the best academic possibilir=ties for my field. i would also look for a school that has a good campus reputation.

I would have many words of advice to give myself if I could go back in time. First off, high school goes by in a blink of an eye and then its already your senior year. Yet, the classes are a much lighter load than your freshman year, there is a lot of prep-work to be done before your senior year is over and done with. Thinking ahead and being organized is crucial to knowing your next steps towards your future. Filling out your FASFA on-time, looking and appling for scholarships and doing research on different universities and community colleges that interet you all take part in the first steps in beginning your future. There are many important decions that need to be made before its too late. Learning different study skills and preparation will help with the nervous college-life rumors that are herd throughout your senior year. Overall, the college life is another word outside of high school, and if your not careful, you could make small but crucial poor decisions that could prolong your graduation date.

Take harder classes in high school and study more.

BENJAMIN

The advice I would give myself as a high school Senior is that. All the college informarion that my teachers have gave me such as taking the ACT and SAT, junior and senior year will help get colleges to accept you and also help later if going to a community college then transfering to a 4 year after and you can put the scores down. And also doing good in class to when instead of taking everything day by day and taking it serious and actually trying to get good grades and also being an athlete some colleges like how by being a student athlete, balancing out school and also sports and still have time to do good and pass classes. Then the last thing i would tell myself is to be more active with school by helping out the lower classmen with their studies so later on in school they can also do the same or so they can do good in school so they can get into a good college for themself and be succesful in their later life. But if i can change i would so that i can make myself more educated and succesful in life.

Dear Elizabeth, This is me talking, no really! It is yourself, in the future. Please listen with both ears; put down your headphones. I know you had a rough time due to being raised by a poor, neglectful, single mother. Dont let that get to you! Start college sooner! You are good enogh and you are smart enough! If you can believe it, you have a 3.9 in college! So try harder my old self! Move away from Mom, you end up not talking to her in the future anyway! She is still verbally abusive. Push all negative energies out of your life and you will be so happily surprized by what you can accomplish. Its a wonderful thing to love going to work, and most of all, love coming home. Study more religion! Stop getting tattoos, you have enough! Believe it or not, you have a wonderful man waiting for you in the future. We live together in our house with 2 cats. Last but not least, please remember, most of all- I love you. In the future you will look in the mirror and not shy away.

That I have great potential. To not sell myself short. To believe that I can do it! And do it well! I am encouraging my teenage boys and I see greatness in them. I am doing all of those positive things that parents should do to let their children know that the sky is the limit. As a result they are at the top of their classes! I realize I may have been a bit discouraged by the adults around me growing up. If I could do it over, I would not let other's negativity get to me.

Jazzmyne

Longview Community College is very diverse. I attend college with all of my highschool friends. MCC Longview is very affordable , I and my family have been struggling with income but with the tuition is so affordable I have managed to pay for college out of my own pocket. MCC Longview is filled with great teachers, that have made learning fun and easy. The teachers here have given me a boost in confidence. When i attended High school I struggled with learning new concepts. I went from a 1.9 GPA in HIgh school, to now an 3.0 making A's and B's in my courses!

Sungie

My experience has been wonderful since I started Stevens-Heneger and the support that I get for me to succeed at my best there. I can also have a lifetime support system such as career services and getting certified in certain areas I need. They provide a free laptop, tutoring, and books.

Deborah

Dear Deb I realize you don't know what your major will be. There is nothing wrong with that. You don't need to decide right now. Don't let that hold you back. I understand your concern about stepping out of your comfort zone. College is a major step in your life, but also an important investment in your future. The important thing is to just get started. This is your chance to have a better paying job, to work in a field you truely enjoy, to have a sense of personal gratification when you receive your degree, and the peace of mind knowing you will be finacially secure. You told me one time no matter how good you became at something there was always room for improvement. So, take your own advice, go for your dreams, and reach for the stars. I believe you will be great at whatever you choose to do in your life. Your best friend Me

Aina

Rewind: Going Back in Time Wanting to grow up and be an adult was such an important part of my life when I was in High School. I have always known that I was geared toward college and had already narrowed the career choices down to a few early in life. However, my need to be something I wasn?t and would have come naturally later on in life is what brought on much of my struggles today. If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to focus on all the unnecessary experiences I want to enjoy as an adult but to set high goals and create high standards by which to accomplish them. Doing my best to set priorities will be the key to happiness. In order to enjoy life, I need to first make the right decisions about the direction of my life, completing school by acquiring the goals I set. ?Work hard first then, play hard?. There will always be struggles in all my endeavors but by taking the first steps to complete school at an early age will make the difference.

Holley

I would say "don't wait to start college! The longer you put it off the harder it is to get going. I waited and then waited longer. I had a child, got married, bought a home and went in a different direction then I originally planned; always telling myself ' I'll start in a few years when my children are older' it has now been 15 years, I have four children and now I am starting college. ??I am very scared, I haven't been in a classroom, for myself, in 13 years and I don't know what to expect, thoughts run through my head including: am I ready for this? What if it has been too long and my brain is 'oatmeal'? And will I be able to take in the knowledge and do with it what I am meant to? It is always said ' hind sight is 20-20.' College life although hard isn?t as hard as you think it is. It is a lot harder to go through life without a higher education. The college administration are wonderful people that are there to help you every step of the way. Now make me proud."

If I could go back to when I was a senior, I would tell myself to get into college right away. It's not to much harder with doing the work before the due dates as it was in high school. I think that both high school and college are very similar because you need to respect each other, keep your grades up, do all assignments by the due date, and the drama and friends you end up with while being enrolled.

Lakia

If I could go back to talk to myself as a senior in high school, theres so much advice I would give myself. I will give myself the advice to prepare for college early and learn all I can about the steps to enrolling and getting into the college I apply for. I will learn all I can about financial aid,loans,scholarships,grants,college apps,applying to college,college majors, and degrees, my future career, etc. Life is a journey. I'm not going to always know exactly where I'm headed but everything I set out to do with my plan and goals, I try and make the very best of it without surrendering. In my senior year I want to get the best grades,test scores, do extracurricular activities and do all I can to make my record look the best for my future, because what I do in the present will reflect my future. What happens in the past, I'll just learn from it and try to do better. I'm only a high school senior once,so I have to make the best of it.