Stevens-Henager College-Orem Top Questions

Denise

If I could hop in a time machine, go back, and talk to my high school self the very first thing I would tell me to do is “take it easy, go slow, there’s no reason to be in a rush.” I was in such a hurry to get out of my parents’ house that I didn’t take time to really enjoy my teenage years. I also decided I did not want to go to college right away, and told myself that I would start “sometime.” That “sometime” took 30+ years to happen. I went so fast that I forgot about my promise to start my college career. It was so hard to get started back to school, I was 30 years out of practice, and learning did not seem as difficult as it is now. If I would have gone back to school immediately I think I would be in a much different place. I wouldn’t trade my life or experiences for anything, but I think going to school earlier would have proven priceless.

Casey

It's not easy and a lot of things are going to get in the way, but never ever give up. Keep pushing because time goes by more quickly then you can imagine.

blaine

Don't wait so long to go back to school. Believe in yourself.

Jean

I would tell myself to buckle down and study harder because it will help when I get to college if I obtain good study habbits in high school. I would also advise myself to make the most of every learning opportunity that comes my way in my last year of high school because it will benefit me in college and in life. I think the best advice I would give myself would be to hold on to my dreams and goals. Do whatever it takes to make them a reality and don't let anyone tell me "I can't do that" or that my goals are "too unrealistic". I would tell myself that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to if I really want to. And all it takes is making up my mind that I am going to do what it takes to achive my goal(s) and/or make my dream(s) a reaity.

Cari

Stick with it. Stay there, graduate

So far, college has been an eye-opening experience. It has made me realize that it's all on you in the real world; no one is there to babysit you like they did in high school. The instructors teach their classes in a way to make me want to come to class and learn. I don't dread doing homework anymore, because it's my money I'm wasting if I don't try. College is very valuable for growing up, it teaches you how to attack the future and how to be successful in your career.

Meleane

My college experience has helped me shape the way I view things. Coming from a close minded home I was able to see things in a bigger perspective. I also learned many things about my self about how much I can handle, new challenges that come my way. It has helped me find a career that will help me and my family survive this hard economy. School is valuable to attend because the only way to find a good career to succeed in life. It is very important to gain all different kinds knowledge. Attending school is the only way to help our human society elevate even more to what is already is. We all need to attend some type of schooling to become better prepared for the times.

Bryce

I have just attended the phy101 class so far, but it has been such a rewarding experance so far. We have learned to not be prejudice and to treat everybody the same, no matter their sex, race, or ethnic background. Everybody is the same.

Marguerite

As you enter you senior year in colloege remember to cherish this year as much as you can. Learn knew things. Be confident that you can succeed in life. Make sure you have all your core classes done and do the best you can. Don't settle for second best. If you have a dream this is were you start making it come true. As this year comes to and end you will have prepared yourself for college by taking con current classes. And this will be the beginning of your future. some one said, ?You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.? (Anonymous) So go out and be the best that you can be!

Andrea

When I was a high school senior, I thought that I knew where my strengths were and what I wanted to be when I grew up. Now that I am an adult and have had a lot of life experience, I have learned that my strengths are in different areas than I originally thought, specifically science as opposed to fine arts. Most likely, I would plant a seed that perhaps the direction I was heading was not the best for me. This information would hopefully inspire me to find my path sooner in life and be able to take the kinds of high school and college courses that I am now taking, the ones that inspire and drive me, unlike the courses I took when I first started college. It would be interesting to see where my life would be if I had started out in the sciences instead of the fine arts. Perhaps I would already be doing what I want to do. Hopefully I would have been more successful at college the first time around. I would have liked to have seen where that different choice would have led me.

Daisy

The advice I would give myself would be to study more and to fill out scholarships too. I would also tell myself to set up study groups with people from my classes so i could of gotten a better grade . Also to enjoy and really soak up everything my teachers told me like to don't stress as much about test to study and try your best and to enjoy my senior year more beacuse you begin your life in college and a new experience is always good. I would also tell myself to don't be scared going into college.

Crystal

I am returning to college after dropping out four years ago. If I had known what I know now my life would be completely different. When I started college in 2004 things were great, but I wished I had realized how quickly money goes and how much it actually cost to be on my own. I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and to have saved my money from the job I had while in high school. In high school I bought a new car instead of saving my money. So far I have done well for myself, but now I have a two year old daughter to provide for; and this is nearly impossible without a college degree. My father always said work smart not hard. This is true because I have worked hard over the past four years just to barely make it. If I had been smart and stayed in school I would have finished almost two years ago and been able to get a good job paying more than I could ever make without my degree. So now I am restarting and I am going to work hard to be smart.

Russell

I would tell myself to get in school as soon as I can and not to wait. I would tell me to look for something I am going to love and not just like because I am going to be doing this my whole life. Also i would tell me to search for schools and compare them and not just pick one and say thats good and go there.

I would begin to tell myself that every decision I make will fully affect my future. Try as hard as you absolutely can and make every second count. Take advantage that you have the opportunity to be learning because there are many people in this world that do not get such a great oppotruntiy. PAY ATTENTION. If you give school 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} you will get 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of it out and have that much more knowledge to take with you into the future. Set a good example for your future kids and plan for the future every day even though you do not know what it is that the future may hold. Try! Even if you don't succeed the effort that you put into high school will greatly impact how college will be for you. Give shcool your best and you will get the best out of it in the end. Plan on college. Even if it doesn't sound fun now, prepare yourself to go so that way when the time comes you will be ready to take advantage of the blessing that having an education really is.