Hoboken, NJ
Stevens Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevens Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Jorge

It's definitely a university that will open the doors to top 500 companies after college. It gets you ready for the real world, and graduating from Stevens will make you a competitive candidate when looking for a job. It's a small campus that definitely helps, easy to get around, you get to know people that you can become close friends with. It's a great campus.

Dan

Very intelligent student body, however, the professors could do a better job. The students are generally nice and you feel very safe on campus at any time. The class sizes are generally small except core classes which fill the lecture halls. The dorms are outdated and need to be renovated.

Luke

Stevens is a great place to live and learn. They have a lot of support and encourage you to succeed. It's a great place to b...

Stevens is a great place to live and learn. They have a lot of support and encourage you to succeed. It's a great place to be.

Joe

I enjoy the learning environment at my school. There is a lot of help available, if needed, from both students and teachers.

The school is accepting more and more students into the school but the housing available is limited. This is forcing upper classmen to move into more expensive off campus housing.

Edward

A prestigious institute of innovation, practical application, and career development.

Stevens' best quality is it's co-op program. This program gives students the chance to gain real world work exoerience while continuing their college educations. To put it simply, Stevens allows students to earn a 4 year degree and gain 22 months of work experience in just 5 years.

Anna

My roommate Court is crazy fun. We love to go to games anc cheer on our friends, and I cheer from her at her lacrosse games. And Guuueeesssss what??? in less then 50 days, our friendship will be reunited when I go back to school :) let the roommateship begin! and the odds? totally not in our favor, especially for the sleeping thing hahaha. We also pledged the same sorority and are now sisters for life. We study together too which helps because she is crazy good at math.

Stevens is a small but very old as prestigious institution that was built by innovative engineers who rebuilt America after the Civil War and embraced the emerging world of building technology. Stevens has a strong foundation for developing engineers and scientists along with the research and technology that has shaped this nation, from railroad ties to solar houses. It was so incredible that during my first year at school, while friends at other schools were just studying academics, Stevens had us in design classes and actually building things. It was thrilling to create things, learning from doing, not just books.

I hope my advice would inspire a passion for Teamwork because I think that is core to success in not just college but also life. At Stevens I learned teamwork was not just important to get assignments done, but to inspire other to enjoy it and grow from the interaction. My excitement for group challenges made other realize they can be fun and a valuable learning opportunity; we found pride in ourselves, new skills, and wonderful accomplishments. I may have doubted that one person could make a difference, but working as a group has clearly shown the value that each individual contributes and how individual abilities can mesh to create a greater whole. Another benefit from sharing group projects is the bonds we form with others. As group assignments became more complex, I learned the value of planning, coordination, and communication. Most important, I learned the value of leading as a partner with appreciative praise, appropriate instructions, and a “Can Do” attitude to encourage and inspire others. I would tell the seniors to take every opportunity to work with others to build their team skills. It will forever change how they remember high school and what they accomplish in college.

Molara

Stevens, although some students may dislike it at first because it is overwhelming, is a good investment. This school is very career oriented and makes you the most professional individual you can be. We have so many resources provided for us, especially since we are a small school. Especially being right by the city, which is one of the main reasons I decided to attend school here. I'm also part of professional engineering societies and going to conferences for these societies is always beneficial; I even got a job offer from the last one I went to. Stevens graduates do better (salary wise) actually than most everyone else. The average STARTING salary for a grad is $60,000. Not bad, right? So if you want to be a BALLER, make your investment at Stevens :) Also, we're literally RIGHT by the city...you can see the skyline of New York from our campus, and it's beautiful at night. Lots of people like going to the city to hang out, it's perfect having it so close. Hoboken is also a great place, perfect for college students. There's alllll types of restaurants and things to explore in Hoboken. There are a few unusual things about Stevens, one of them being a weird person dressed in a Batman costume frequenting the campus!

Stevens is a small school, so I wouldn't say there are any "popular" student groups, per se, but there are well known ones. There's the Entertainment Committee that has awesome trips to see shows or concerts or games. With the Entertainment Committee, I was able to go to Medieval Times for the first time (I know, I missed out on that trip in middle school, womp), see the hit Broadway show Wicked, and recently saw the Radio City Spectacular...and all these tickets cost less than $20! Cool, right? We have Five Elements, a group dedicated to the 5 elements of Hip-Hop and they have cool classes like breakdancing or pop-locking. Then you've got your various assortment of ethnic organizations who pull together awesome events like UNITY, a talent competition show, Chip n Dip, a showcase of all the ethnic orgs on campus, and Casino Night, where awesome prizes, like an iPad, are raffled off to those with gambling skills. These are just a few highlights of the myriad of organizations on campus, but there's definitely one for everyone.

Stevens is tough, despite what some people believe. Don't complain about your Physics 101 class until you try and take one here. Our Calc 2 class for example is a combination of Calc 2 and Calc 3 at other schools. Freshman year seems hard, but it only gets harder from there. Because the curriculum and the coursework can be a bit overwhelming, it's often a challenge to get a high gpa. If you want that 4.0, you've got to work hard and have AMAZING time management skills. You know what they say: in college there's having a social life, good grades, and sleep....but you can only choose 2 because you can't have all 3. That's Stevens for you. Good professors are sometimes hard to find, but when you do, they are usually willing to help AND want to see you succeed (which translates to they WON'T let you fail). Establish good relationships with your professors as they can help you in the long run whether you think you deserve a better grade in the course at the end, want to do research, or are looking for job opportunities.

As with any tech school, people mainly think that everyone who goes here is a complete nerd. This is FALSE. There are lots of different types of people at Stevens. Sure, there may be people who like going to LAN parties or taking part in the Anime Convention (which apparently is the biggest Anime Convention on the East Coast) and play Magic the Gathering till the wee hours of the morning, BUT, that is NOT everyone. There's people who play sports, people who like to party, people super involved on campus, people stuck in their rooms all day....and the list goes on. The thick of it is that we're an assortment of students. But at the same time, I guess to go to a tech school, you have to be a little bit of nerd at heart. I like to program, my good friend loves math....it's hidden in all of us somewhere. So we are NOT complete nerds....only partial nerds :)

The biggest stereotype of our school is nerds; however this only depicts a small portion of students. 30% of the student body is involved with Greek life which includes some nerds, stoners, and most of the athletes. Our school has a big emphasis on our athletic program despite it being Division III.

Jordan

Stevens campus life is rarely boring either because you're doing work, or are partying in Hoboken or NYC, it is much more for than it first appears, trust me I thought I'd hate the social life here after partying a lot in high school. But the work is hard, very hard, don't expect to be able to half-ass you're way through it.

Greek life here is a lot of fun. There are always parties or places to go, and if there is nothing on campus Hoboken and NYC are but a walk away. No matter what type of person you are comming to the school, nerd, jock, kid who loves thirsty thursdays to sunday fun days. You'll find a good size group of people just like you.

Looks can be deceiving as far as social life is concerned. It is fun. As far as the work goes, it is not deceiving, its hard. But if you focus you'll have no problem.

Well there are a lot of "nerds" there are also a lot of bros, most of them varsity players, but find the right guys and this school can be more fun than half the top ranked party schools... do some research on Hoboken and NYC and you'll understand. As far as the girls go, that is pretty accurate, but being in Hoboken and next to so many other, larger schools find girls should be no problem if you know what you're doing.

"Good grades, social life, enough sleep... pick two." Commonly heard around campus. But if your good at time management you can get all three. Classes are easily bearable if you know when to focus and when to party, and to not get the two confused.

Everyone thinks the school consist of nothing but nerds, and that there are no attractive girls.

Jordan

My college experience has given me the drive and maturity that I need to be succesful in my life. It has also shown to me that my past academic struggles have all been due to my own fears of failing. Doing so well when I was very young gave my parents high standards of me, and in high school those expectaions were a great intimidation. Taking College Success courses at my community college allowed me to become aware of this fear that I have always had, and it has given me the motivation to push past it all, because what I have found out is that when I actually try my best, I get my best, and I am constantly surprising myself. This skill of consciousness has been applicable to many different aspects of my life, and I am becoming a very independent and motivated person because of it. I owe this invaluable gift to college.

Stevens Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.