Stevens Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Stevens Institute of Technology

My roommate Court is crazy fun. We love to go to games anc cheer on our friends, and I cheer from her at her lacrosse games. And Guuueeesssss what??? in less then 50 days, our friendship will be reunited when I go back to school :) let the roommateship begin! and the odds? totally not in our favor, especially for the sleeping thing hahaha. We also pledged the same sorority and are now sisters for life. We study together too which helps because she is crazy good at math.

Classes are a mix of nerds, jocks, and everyone in between, which isn't to say that the social life here is typical of every college. You pretty much find your own clique and stick with them because you'll find your interests falling into one of the 3 areas mentioned. It's a small school and so that essentially means that your friends in the fall semester are your friends in the spring and you typically won't meet anyone new unless they're in a different graduating class.

Most are very driven and always ready to do anything to succeed. They are really competitive but do help each other out if it is to their convenience. There are more men to women a 5 to 1 ratio. There is also a very small percentage of minorities on campus. Most of my classmates come from upper middle class families and went to very competitive high school and are there on sport scholarships for wither lacrosse, soccer, or basketball.

Most are interested in the classes they are taking, but some are only there, because of requirement as Stevens likes to have their students to be well rounded in all areas. Even if you focus on Liberal Arts for example there is still computer programming classes to take, etc. Most students are happy with this some are not and will be pretty apathetic in classes.

Greek life here is a lot of fun. There are always parties or places to go, and if there is nothing on campus Hoboken and NYC are but a walk away. No matter what type of person you are comming to the school, nerd, jock, kid who loves thirsty thursdays to sunday fun days. You'll find a good size group of people just like you.

Many of my classmates are upperclass white kids. They are mostly boys and play a lot of video games. It is easy to find new friends because Stevens is not cliquey at all.

Most of them are wealthy, went to private high schools, seem pretty spoiled, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get into medical school.

Most classmates are willing to help study or provide study materials - older students are crucial for passing classes.

varied, one can fine an underacheiceing slacker to an overacheveing goody two-shoes

My classmates are very diverse, extremely smart, and academicaly oriented.