Stevens Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Stevens Institute of Technology

Mechanical Engineering originated at Stevens. The school has been very influential on the world of engineering. The now international American Society of Mechanical Engineers began here. New York City, quite arguably one of the most amazing cities in the world, is directly across the river and the famous skyline is your scenery walking to class. You can get into the city in about twenty minutes.

The atmosphere is much different at Stevens than any other school I had visited in several aspects. The students have great pride in their ability to call Stevens their college, making them more pleasant and driven to succeed. Additionally, the location gives a fast-paced, responsible and hard-working atmosphere that reinforces the need to do well academically and have a successful career.

The city atmosphere is nearby, but the school campus maintains a community feel. Very diverse student body and faculty. Also, the faculty and administration treat the students with respect and trust.

Stevens was the only college I applied to; I applied early decision. It was my first and only choice because of the opportunity to graduate in four years with both a Bachelors and a Masters degree.

The opportunities after graduation. If you graduate you are more than likely going to get a job within six months. The workload is pretty heavy, but it pays off to have such amount of work.

Looks can be deceiving as far as social life is concerned. It is fun. As far as the work goes, it is not deceiving, its hard. But if you focus you'll have no problem.

It is the oldest engineering school in the nation. Though it's through the engineering program at NYU, its proximity to NYC definitely gives it an advantage.

Being located by new york city, the male to female ratio (3:1), the students are all quite alike, we're all nerds, but most of us are cool

It allows someone to be a part of many differnt clubs and sports. The campus is small but you still meet different people everyday.

The student population is really small, which means that professors can focus on you more, when you need help.