Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Kari-Ann

My school is best known for its bachelor in science programs. The programs are amazing and teach you everything you need to know to get out into the real world and have very successful job. It is also known for the high success rate of graduating students.

Knowing what I know now about college life there is a bit of advice I would have given myself. First off I would have let myself know, that it is okay to get stressed about work, but you just need to be able to work through it in a timely matter. I would have also let myself know that yes, the work load does come at you quick, but as long as you dominate it, then you will be able to work through it. The other advice I would have given myself is, school isn?t something to be afraid of, nor are the professors. Everyone is there looking out for you and wanting you to succeed, you just have to be willing to go find the help. The help isn?t going to necessarily run up to you, you have to go outside of the box to find it.

Before I came to school, I wish I would have known the pace of the school. Learning is really fast, an since there is only fifteen weeks to learn everything you need to know about the course, things go by very quickly. You need to stay one top of all of you work to make sure you can succeed with the grades that will make you happy. I also wish I would have known the huge transition going from high schol to college life.

Chervonna

I would tell myself not to dwell on issues involving my social life. The issues will not last as long as they seem and it is very distracting to your education. Most friendships will not last either. Concentrate on your future. Stay very focused. Try not to get distracted, it will only hurt you in the end. Try your very best, nothing less.

Lindsey

My school was small, caring and helpful.

My school was small, caring and helpful.

Dear Lindsey, So now is the time to make a huge decision, one which will guide you along your career path and steer you in one direction or another. Most importantly over the next few years you will need to surround yourself with people who are as driven and motivated as you are because the connections you make in college will serve you for a lifetime. Maybe you don't know what you want to do? That's fine, and here's what no one tells you, DO NOT save your Internships for your junior or senior year in college! You need to think of what you might like to do and Intern at a different place in that field EVERY semester. Another thing NO ONE will tell you... don't look just for "internships." Find out where you think you'd like to work or where you think might interest you and just call them. Tell them you'd like to volunteer, or work for free. You will not get turned downed or rejected. You'll get your foot in the door and learn whether you like that field or not. This is how you find your path.

The best thing was teachers cared about you and the staff were very friendly.

Erica

My classmates are all ethnic, unique, open minded, and intelligent.

My classmates are all ethnic, unique, open minded, and intelligent.

If i could go back to my high school senior year I would advise myself to put alot of thought into my career goal and choose it wisely. Not only to choose a major in which i would be most successful, but to also choose a major that I enjoyed and could use my current skills and goals to be good at. I would also advise myself to learn and apply study tactics because I have discovered that studying is one of the most important skill used in college. The last thing I would advise myself is to join more activities and clubs. Becoming a part of a club can impact the world in various ways and is also a great way to meet new people.

A person focused solely on the greater learning experience who embraces personal attention from the staff and administration. Also a perosn who has high interest in extra curricular clubs and activities.

Breana

Stevenson University is the perfect learning environment for articulate students.

My classmates are young adults that I can relate to because of the simular goals and ambitions we share.

Senior year was the most exciting year of high school, kind of like how my freshman year of college is. However, if I could go back in time and whisper some advice in my ear I definitely would. I would start by telling myself that college would be like high school away from home. Besides the freedom of choosing classes and not having to listen to your parents all day, your peers are pretty much the same. There are cliques, and people who are judgemental no matter where you go. Being a female, I learned that the males are also much worse in college then they were in high school. I did not realize college was all about "having a good time" to them and not taking any girl seriously. I would whisper loudly to the high school Breana, "Do not worry about the guys especially your freshman year!". I would aslo tell myself to get incolved in at least one sport to make lots of new friends. My biggest transition from high schoool to college would ultimately be adjusting to a new group of peers and learning how to use them to my advantage.

Crystal

Going back in time, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself as a senior to do career based research. I would advise myself to research the career that I would be spending the rest of my life doing. I would ask myself would I really enjoy doing this for the rest of my life and if so, do an internship or externship in that field to validate my aspirations about that career. Putting yourself into the actual workplace can either deter further interest in that field or further exemplify and strengthen your determination throughout your education. Knowing where your determination will lead can make the time go by fast and help you stay focused and keep your eye on the PRIZE- your lifelong career.

My school is a private institution and the best thing about it is the small class sizes and ability to engage in a close relationship with the instructors.

Before coming to this school I wish I knew more about purchasing cheaper textbooks online via search engines instead of full price at the book store. Also, I wish I knew that I couldn't use my financial aid or loan money to buy my books before classes started because the money is not disbursed until weeks after classes start. By the time loans/financial aid is refunded and I get the money to purchase the books, I am so behind that it's almost impossible to catch up on school work.

Jolie

My class mates come from a wide range of different backgrounds, race ,and religion. They are thinkers ,who love to show their imagination, as well as helpful individuals. Sometimes they can be goof balls showing their immaturity once in awhile, but it is never a distraction. My classmates aren't afraid to work with each other , always wanting to help. It's you scratch my back ,I'll scratch your back type of world, but to us we're just helping one another out. Our school is a close nit school which keeps us close as well.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior; I would sit myself down and say "Now you listen here you hard headed child. This college life here is no joke, it is nothing to play around with it will put a dent in your pocket, however it will make a better life for you. First thing you need to do is stop being lazy and go after grants ,and scholarships, get as many as you can. If your school costs$30 thousand a month, get $40 thousand dollars in scholarships. Loans are bad , and once you get out of college you have to pay them back. Scholarships and grants are not repayable. The next thing once you get to college, it is a totally different world. The reason being is that you have entered the world of independency . Mom and Dad are not your care providers anymore, its up to you to get up go to class and study. Becareful of the parties an who you hang with. Good times will still be here when your dead and gone, now you need to worry about your career and your future, be smart".

The worst thing about my school is the tuition. They say its cheap, and display it all on the internet ,and television as an affordable school, it's really not. Steveson University, once known as Villa Julie College , is an expensive school. Yes to go to any college you will have to come up with some cash ,but the way they percieve the school like its really affordable.

Miranda

Whenever I first heard about the University of Central Missouri I was told they had a very high amount of students with sexually transmitted diseases. Although I am not sure of that fact I do know that there is a large diversity of people attending and working at UCM.

If I could go back in time I would tell my high school alternate self that she should spend less time with her friends and get a second job because paying for college is not as simple as getting as many loans as possible. The application processes are difficult without a cosigner. I would also argue that if she did not want to get a job she should spend more time studying in hopes for academic scholarships because college is nothing like high school. It is unfortunate that my past-self might ignore my warnings but I would not give up until she understood that I am from the future and I have experienced college and it is a lot more than social gatherings and parties it is something she will really have to work on and devote all of her attention to in order to be successful.

When I tell my friend's about my school I brag mostly about the wonderful professors I have had in class so far. I also enjoy telling them about our work out facilities.

Kurt

If I ever had the opportunity to go back in the time and tell myself what I need to do to prepare for college, the first thind i'd do would be to start off telling myself, I really need to find the right college for me. Second I'd tell myself how important it is to get the grades and test scores in order to earn scholarships or financial aid. I got myself stuck in between a rock and a hard place right now and I'm regratting every moment of it. I made the mistake of just picking up my stuff and moving to Florida where I currently attend Full Sail University. I knew little about the school and found that I didn't like it and that it just wasn't the school for me. Now i'm trying to come up with the moeny to where I'll be able to transfer to an actual four-year university. Without scholarships none of this will be possible and I never had the grades nor test schools needed to get academic scholarshops. If i ever had the chance to change my life that's how i would prepare.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.