Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would inform myself. I would tell myself to do tons of scholarships and apply for any grants. Also I would tell myself to check out more colleges and universities to see if any really focus on my major.

Having to pay twenty thousand dollars is the worst thing about my school. The money is the only reason I regret choosing Villa Julie College as my first choice.

Having to pay twenty thousand dollars a semester is the most frustrating thing about my school. I wish my school was a lot cheaper so I could afford going there without panic.

Colin

the smallness and the career focus allows students to get good jobs after graduating. The school treated me as a human being and just not a number or a way to get money

If I was able to go back in time I would tell myself to just trust your instincts in applying to the schools and make sure that the school is the best fit for you. The transition is pretty easy if a person's head is on straight and knows whats important about life and school. Also I would tell myself make sure that you expand your horizons and try many things because you only live once and these oppurtunities might never come back, so you need to take advantage of them while you still can and are able to see how good you got it. Another thing I would say is work hard but at the same time be sure to have fun and grow as a human being because you have seen the outside world and you are one of the lucky ones to live in this great nation with all the chances to travel and experience what the world has to offer. The most important thing I would tell myself is to be yourself and do not let any one take that away from you and stand up for what is right and what you belive in.

That its a small school that you know pretty much everybody on campus where the teachers actually know your name and the dorms are first class

Christen

With classes being so small, your are able to make friends with most of your classmates, and able to form great friendships that will last your entire college career and longer.

College is going to be hard. You need to prepare yourself to deal with hared situations, because life is going to get harder. You're going to have to deal with new situations, people are going to be frustrating and pig-headed. You need to know when to fight and when to let it go, but don't back down when your know someone is wrong. Just be strong and you can handle what comes your way.

The most frustrating thing is that there isn't always activities going on.

Tyler

There isn't anything I would tell myself to change what has happened. The transition happened the way it did for a reason and it has made my life great. There isn't anything I would do differently.

The small class sizes are the best because it allows the professors to be more personal with you and help you individually.

There isn't a kind of person that shouldn't attend. Everyone fits in here.

Cierra

Being a private university that is most affordable in Maryland.

Keep your options open. Don't just focus on just one school, may sure that you are looking at all your choices.

First thing is to visit all colleges they are interested in and pick the one that you feel the most comfortable with.

The professors are always avaliable even after office hours.

Anyone, this school is not biased towards anyone.

Chelsea

They are all very friendly and willing to help.

They are all very friendly and willing to help.

Parents and their students must keep their lines of communication open when applying for colleges, and discuss all possible options. Parents need to understand that if their child is adament about attending a university 300 miles away, they should allow their child that experience, no matter how bad it hurts to see them go. However, if the student does attend school far away without the parents around, they will need to understand that with freedom comes great responsibility. The student and their parents should visit as many campuses as possible, both large and small, and in between to allow the student to decide which school, student population, faculty and curriculum is right for them. College is only what you make of it, so parents should be supportive, and students should be adventurous whether that be joining a club or fighting for a cause. Why do I give this advice? Because, it worked wonders for me!

Leah

Keeping up with your schoolwork is the most important thing, because once you get even a little behind, it is hard to catch up. But don't forget to have fun too. Otherwise you will end up stressed. Devote small chunks of time throughout the day to be "power hours" where you completely focus on your work for a short time. Then take a break before doing something else. I find this way I get work done, but don't feel overwhelmed.

The size. . . not too big, but not too small

Having nothing to do on the weekends.

Katlyn

My classmates were extremly focused on the assignments given, but they were very willing to give help to another student or do group projects.

The advice that I have to give, is to really take time to reflect on yourself. Think about aspects of life that are important to you. If being near the city and always being on the go is important to you than think about a bigger school with lots of extra-curricular activities, but if taking it easy is more for you than look for a school that is set in the country side. Also, shadowing a student at the school(s) that you are interested in is extremley important. You sit in on classes and mingle with current students and it allows you to get a feel for the college!

For Villa Julie College, I believe that the type of person that should not attend this school is someone who is focused on spending time in teh outdoors. There is not many people who agree with the view of hunting or fishing; especially for a living. Furthermore, it is harder for these people to fit in because many students grew up near the city and have not had the same type of experiences.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.