Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Kacie

Our school is best known for being a small institute that is very academically focused. Because we are a small school we have small class sizes so there is more one on one attention between students and professors. This makes students feel more comfortable in the class room, which also makes engaging in lessons and asking questions easier.

I would first tell myself to relax! Transitioning into college is scary, but everything works itself out and the school is willing to help make the transition easier. I would also tell myself "You are not alone." There are many many freshman that are going through the same process as you are. Everyone is nervous and everyone is looking for friends. This takes me to the next piece of advice for myself, be confident. Because everyone is new, find the courage and confidence in yourself to go to the school socializing events and meet as many people as you can. Knowing people around campus is a great feeling, being that you are away from home, having a large amount of familiar faces makes campus more comfortable. So, relax, be social, and enjoy every minute of it because time flies!

I brag most about our career placement rates. Spending years in college can be scary knowing that you may come out of college without a job. However, at Stevenson, we have a high percentage of students who graduate with career oppertunities.

Jaimie

Dear Jaimie, You know there's much more work to be done, but stop for a minute and breathe. Look at where you are and realize how far you've come! You're a senior now! You did it! Be excited! You've kept your eyes on the future and you're on your way! And while you excitedly prepare for college, which will help you get one step closer to your goals, remember this: Your goal of earning your degree and getting a career is not the endpoint, but a step in your (our) life's journey. On your journey through college, you will be faced with new challenges, new experiences, and new uncertainties--existential crises. But crises does not mean failure--it means change. Embrace the change. Embrace the challenges. Embrace the experiences. Embrace the uncertainties. Uncertainties lead to opportunity, to creativity, to new possibility. Look toward the future, but also look at what's happening to you in the present. Accept the uncertainty, the crises, and see these times as what is molding us to become who we are in the future. Enjoy this time. Enjoy this journey. You're on your way.

Those who want a larger campus with a greater range of activities, or want to be closer to a larger metropolitan area.

Jai

My classmates are driven and they want to succeed in every course.

My classmates are driven and they want to succeed in every course.

The professors at my school care if their students succeed and push their students toward greatness.

If I could talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself that college will become overwhelming, but you will be able to do it. I would tell myself to take time with your work ask a lot of questions and study study study. Also remember that now you are actually paying for your education so try as hard as you can. I would also tell myself that you have a lot of freedom so you have to motivate yourself.

Desiree

There is no specific stereotype everyone here is truly different

There is no specific stereotype everyone here is truly different

Residential activities, Student Activities, Social Events

Everyone has respect for each other. In addition, the school is very diverse.

brianna

a diverse atmosphere where learning and experience create your future.

a diverse atmosphere where learning and experience create your future.

multiple activities and opportunities available to students.

Do not get lazy and work to the best of your ability thruought the entire process.

David

The chance to go to college is the American dream! However, the ways you can get there are all dependent upon how dedicated you yourself are. When teenagers are seniors in high school, they are completely blinded by how critical their efforts towards getting enough money and going to college really are. If I could go back, I would most definitely cover how important money is when in college and convince myself to sign up for all those available scholarships and grants that I passed on because I thought they were too small, not enough and not worth my time. Senioritis truly does ruin the chances for a senior's future. We all know how lazy Seniors can be, and this is why so many college students say they missed out on a lot of money they could've used on college and never will have another chance to get them because of not being a high school senior anymore (including myself). As far as attending college, the whole purpose of getting the money, I would just tell myself and others: Just find and be your own self. There's nothing more successful than being your own person in life!

We get co-ed visitors anytime we want as long as our roommates are okay with it. We have maximum freedom and everyone is extremely nice and friendly!

Having to show our ID's everytime we enter our residents halls eventhough the security guards know us after the first month.

Andrea

Looking back, I was always worried about the future. Being the first of my family to go to college, the entire experience always seemed so daunting. Even though I did well in high school, I was concerned that I would not be able to continue this trend in college. Was I good enough to succeed in college? What if I did not fit in, socially? However, these were the concerns of a teenager who never had the chance to fully experience life. Knowing what I know now, I would like to go back and just remind myself that almost everyone going into college is scared for a variety of reasons. But it is also exciting to be able to take this next step of your life. I would remind this teenager that feeling scared, nervous, excited, and an entire whirlwind of other emotions is perfectly alright. Even being three years older than I was then, I still am not completely sure of a lot of things in life. However, that is normal. Life is meant to be a journey where you make mistakes, but along the way you find out more about yourself and the world around you.

I think that the worst thing about Stevenson is the limited transportation to nearby areas. It does provide shuttles between campuses; however, it can be difficult to go shopping without a car of your own.

It is very expensive and while it does have study abroad opportunities, there are very few.

Michele

I would tell myself to get out of the state to get a new experience and to go to a bigger school. I would also tell myself not to go to a private college since they are expensive and the one I currently attend is not very accommodating to students. Another piece of advice I would tell myself would be to do research on the professors before choosing courses.

Small classes, so it is easy to ask questions about confusing material.

That the school is not helpful in situations concerning harmful living environment and with getting everyone courses they need to graduate on time. I also wish I knew that teachers for the same courses teach different material.

Shahrose

I would tell myself to go in with an open mind. Be open to all the possibilities surrounding you, especially your first year. Join many clubs because there are several that pertain to your interests. I would also tell myself that when you do join clubs and also have classes, learn some good time management skills. Divide your time up each and every day, choosing to do the most important things first, especially academia, otherwise your grades can suffer. I would also tell myself that be very respectful and nice to your roomates but do not let them walk over you either. Learn to communicate with them effectively and when you do have arguments, see the argument from their point of view. This well help solve many problems in the dorm. Just remember that you are here for four years and make the most of them.

That it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The dorms are fantastic and the teachers are incredible. Everyone really wants to help you succeed. I also wish I knew that the nightlife here was almost non-existant because of the security, but parties are widespread off campus since we're close to many other colleges.

Those who want a good education at a small school. Teachers care about each individual student since the class sizes are small and you get individualized and personalized learning.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.