Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Jai

My classmates are driven and they want to succeed in every course.

My classmates are driven and they want to succeed in every course.

The professors at my school care if their students succeed and push their students toward greatness.

If I could talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself that college will become overwhelming, but you will be able to do it. I would tell myself to take time with your work ask a lot of questions and study study study. Also remember that now you are actually paying for your education so try as hard as you can. I would also tell myself that you have a lot of freedom so you have to motivate yourself.

Desiree

There is no specific stereotype everyone here is truly different

There is no specific stereotype everyone here is truly different

Residential activities, Student Activities, Social Events

Everyone has respect for each other. In addition, the school is very diverse.

brianna

a diverse atmosphere where learning and experience create your future.

a diverse atmosphere where learning and experience create your future.

multiple activities and opportunities available to students.

Do not get lazy and work to the best of your ability thruought the entire process.

David

The chance to go to college is the American dream! However, the ways you can get there are all dependent upon how dedicated you yourself are. When teenagers are seniors in high school, they are completely blinded by how critical their efforts towards getting enough money and going to college really are. If I could go back, I would most definitely cover how important money is when in college and convince myself to sign up for all those available scholarships and grants that I passed on because I thought they were too small, not enough and not worth my time. Senioritis truly does ruin the chances for a senior's future. We all know how lazy Seniors can be, and this is why so many college students say they missed out on a lot of money they could've used on college and never will have another chance to get them because of not being a high school senior anymore (including myself). As far as attending college, the whole purpose of getting the money, I would just tell myself and others: Just find and be your own self. There's nothing more successful than being your own person in life!

We get co-ed visitors anytime we want as long as our roommates are okay with it. We have maximum freedom and everyone is extremely nice and friendly!

Having to show our ID's everytime we enter our residents halls eventhough the security guards know us after the first month.

Andrea

Looking back, I was always worried about the future. Being the first of my family to go to college, the entire experience always seemed so daunting. Even though I did well in high school, I was concerned that I would not be able to continue this trend in college. Was I good enough to succeed in college? What if I did not fit in, socially? However, these were the concerns of a teenager who never had the chance to fully experience life. Knowing what I know now, I would like to go back and just remind myself that almost everyone going into college is scared for a variety of reasons. But it is also exciting to be able to take this next step of your life. I would remind this teenager that feeling scared, nervous, excited, and an entire whirlwind of other emotions is perfectly alright. Even being three years older than I was then, I still am not completely sure of a lot of things in life. However, that is normal. Life is meant to be a journey where you make mistakes, but along the way you find out more about yourself and the world around you.

I think that the worst thing about Stevenson is the limited transportation to nearby areas. It does provide shuttles between campuses; however, it can be difficult to go shopping without a car of your own.

It is very expensive and while it does have study abroad opportunities, there are very few.

Michele

I would tell myself to get out of the state to get a new experience and to go to a bigger school. I would also tell myself not to go to a private college since they are expensive and the one I currently attend is not very accommodating to students. Another piece of advice I would tell myself would be to do research on the professors before choosing courses.

Small classes, so it is easy to ask questions about confusing material.

That the school is not helpful in situations concerning harmful living environment and with getting everyone courses they need to graduate on time. I also wish I knew that teachers for the same courses teach different material.

Shahrose

I would tell myself to go in with an open mind. Be open to all the possibilities surrounding you, especially your first year. Join many clubs because there are several that pertain to your interests. I would also tell myself that when you do join clubs and also have classes, learn some good time management skills. Divide your time up each and every day, choosing to do the most important things first, especially academia, otherwise your grades can suffer. I would also tell myself that be very respectful and nice to your roomates but do not let them walk over you either. Learn to communicate with them effectively and when you do have arguments, see the argument from their point of view. This well help solve many problems in the dorm. Just remember that you are here for four years and make the most of them.

That it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The dorms are fantastic and the teachers are incredible. Everyone really wants to help you succeed. I also wish I knew that the nightlife here was almost non-existant because of the security, but parties are widespread off campus since we're close to many other colleges.

Those who want a good education at a small school. Teachers care about each individual student since the class sizes are small and you get individualized and personalized learning.

Tyler

I would tell myself that, hey you only got 4 years here. Don't try to rush through every single moment of it. Yeah it sucks having to be up at 5 am to do your medicine for your Cystic Fibrosis just to make it on time to a 7:30 am class. Cherish everything you do here, it's all being done for a reason. I would tell myself to study a little harder and challenge myself a little more than I did because it would have better prepaired me the rigorious college classes I will be taking. I would tell myself to live life to the fullest even in the worst of times. Live, laugh and love harder than you ever have before, you only get this high school experience once. So live it up, hang out with friends, play sports, work hard in school, but most importatnly, do what makes you happy.

sierra

My fellow classmates at stevenson are very up beat, diverse, and ALWAYS willing to lend a hand. I am always partisipating in group studies and and always lending a hand just as my classmates would do for me. Without a doubt everybody helps everybody even faculty.

My school is very different in a way that we are one big communtity. yes, there is compition BUT we are always looking out for eachother. Everybody at Stevenson U helps eachother and I do believe that, that is rare and hard to come accross in todays education feild. Also the professors (the majority) are very very very educated in what the teach. there has been a few exceptions but you can tell the professors live and LOVE their job and are so helpful.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself how important it is to prioritize and work on time-management, I cant stress that enough. Without your parents reminding you what you need to do and get done college can get rough. Personally through my college transition, I spent some time getting myself together and realizing that college is real life and I need to grow up and get it together. Also I would have told myself to fill out more scholarship applications. pays off in the end.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.