Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Tyler

I would tell myself that, hey you only got 4 years here. Don't try to rush through every single moment of it. Yeah it sucks having to be up at 5 am to do your medicine for your Cystic Fibrosis just to make it on time to a 7:30 am class. Cherish everything you do here, it's all being done for a reason. I would tell myself to study a little harder and challenge myself a little more than I did because it would have better prepaired me the rigorious college classes I will be taking. I would tell myself to live life to the fullest even in the worst of times. Live, laugh and love harder than you ever have before, you only get this high school experience once. So live it up, hang out with friends, play sports, work hard in school, but most importatnly, do what makes you happy.

sierra

My fellow classmates at stevenson are very up beat, diverse, and ALWAYS willing to lend a hand. I am always partisipating in group studies and and always lending a hand just as my classmates would do for me. Without a doubt everybody helps everybody even faculty.

My school is very different in a way that we are one big communtity. yes, there is compition BUT we are always looking out for eachother. Everybody at Stevenson U helps eachother and I do believe that, that is rare and hard to come accross in todays education feild. Also the professors (the majority) are very very very educated in what the teach. there has been a few exceptions but you can tell the professors live and LOVE their job and are so helpful.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself how important it is to prioritize and work on time-management, I cant stress that enough. Without your parents reminding you what you need to do and get done college can get rough. Personally through my college transition, I spent some time getting myself together and realizing that college is real life and I need to grow up and get it together. Also I would have told myself to fill out more scholarship applications. pays off in the end.

Katie

Going back and visiting my high school self, I would tell myself to remain focused and continue to study hard because it will truly prepare you for college. I would also tell myself to have as much fun as possible with friends, after studying, because when you get to college and you have a job, you are now in the real world and it's just not as fun. I would also tell myself to learn time management skills, because those are deffinately needed when it comes to college.

The worst thing about my school would be the parking lot. There are plenty of parking spots, in fact I have never seen the lot 100% filled. The parking spots are very small and if you have a nice car, your car could get some minor, accidental damage. To avoid this, you just have to park in a corner spot and take up extra room. Other then the parking spaces, I cannot think of anything bad about this school!

You shouldn't attend this school if you prefer a large, urban school. Also, you shouldn't attend if you are not willing to study hard and be willing to succeed no matter what it takes. Do not attend if you are looking for a major party school.

Travis

What I believed to be unique about the school is that it gave me two things that most schools could not. First, Stevenson has a 97% rate that those who go to the university will have a job. The next thing the school did for me was allow me to continue to play football, the sport that I hold very near to my heart.

I would go back and give myself an ultimatum. Either you work harder in school and actually do your homework, or don't even worry about college because you won't be successful even if you do graduate doing well. I would make sure that I understood the consequences of not doing the schoowork and studying, because no one ever really taught me the danger of not doing it. I would also tell myself to be prepared because all of the responsibility will keep getting harder and that the stress levels will keep rising.

Nathaniel

Keep clear the fall semester of your senior year.Keep it clear of all the extras as you will be busy finaling college stuff. Possibily doing college applications, essays and the like. You will not have time to keep your grades up enjoy the fall High school evenst and do all the college stuff at the same time. Time mangament skills are a must this sememster so make it easier fo ryourself but taking out the extras. Then after you are done with college applications then out those extras back in if you want or miss them. For one sememster of a clear schedule helps make a clear mind.

Personal contact, samll class size

Melissa

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress the importance of not procrastinating. That, I believe, is the number one problem that freshmen in college face. I would explain that there would be less time for going out because my studies would be my number one priority. I would also make sure that I understood that no one will be there to wake me up, tell me when to go to class, when to eat, or when to go to bed. If I were talking to myself as a senior I would definitely mention some tips on how to live with a room-mate, how to share a bathroom, and most importantly how to respect someone else's space, daily routine, and quiet hours. I would explain to myself the level of responsiblity that comes with being a college student. The most important thing that I would discuss with myself is how to manage my money so that I always had food, emergency money, and a little spending money. That is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

The best thing about Stevenson University is the community feeling. As a freshman I felt more than welcomed by the returning students, faculty, and staff. It truly feels like a home away from home. Everyone is extremely nice and the professors are very approachable. The faculty and staff have your best interest at heart. Stevenson prepares their students to lead both successful and fulfilling lives.

The worst thing about my school would be traveling between campuses. It interferes a tad bit when planning your scheduele. Although it can sometimes get in the way it is not impossible to plan around it.

kelsey

Definitely don’t doubt yourself! Studying really does work and hard work does pay off. The feeling of earning an A by using free time to study, figuring out how to make sense of material, and giving 100% effort is worth it. I would tell myself that C's are not acceptable, even if a C is passing; they really hurt your g.p.a. Look into internships by sophomore year. Don’t procrastinate! When you break up with Todd don’t let college come second to your emotions. Devote extra time to studying. Social life is great and it is important, but college isn't high school. Having a lot of friends isn’t always the most important. Surround yourself with more people that are in college because the friends that aren't in college won’t understand the importance of getting good grades. Apply earlier to colleges, have more options. Otherwise everything really does happen for a reason, and considering the obstacles, college is demanding, pressure and anxiety will increase but you’ve always known who you are. As long as you study and manage your time you will be just fine.

I find restricted classes frustrating. I major in Biology and I feel like I should be able to take a nutrition course because it fits well with my future carreer, but nutrition is a course restricted to only nursing majors. Since I pay tuition to attend this college, as well as other students, I think I should have more say in what courses I take. I don't think its fair to restrict science courses to nursing majors when other science majors may want to work in the medical field as well.

I'll start off by saying any type of person should attend this school. It is a very diverse school. Over the years attending this school I have met a lot of people with different goals, personality, life styles, and attitudes. The people I have met and befriended are all different kinds of people, so I don't think there is a certain kind of person that should attend this school.

Sydney

The old campus is beautiful, but we also have two new campuses and are adding a third. Shuttles are running 24/7 to take students to whatever campus they need to get to. The school is a great mix of new and old and is extremely well respected. Over 90% of students who graduate from here recieve jobs almost immediately.

If I could go back in time, I would work harder to create successful study habits for myself. Within this transition to college, studying has been my biggest obstacle. When classes first began and the first exam approached, I did not know how to study. In high school I took fairly easy classes that required little studying, however I realized college was very different. Now that my first semester of college is over, I understand how to study and have improved my study habits. Another peice of advice that I would give myself is that college is NOT one huge party. College is a time in my life where I can have fun every once in a while, however school is my number one focus especially since I am paying so much for it! Nursing is my passion and without full dedication and motivation, I will not make it. Staying positive and inspired is the key to success in college!

Only hardworking, dedicated and motivated students should attend Stevenson. For the nursing program, there are very strict rules that you must follow in order to stay in the program. The amazing thing about Stevenson is that you can apply and become accepted to the nursing program YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE. The school is tough, but very well known in the community and well respected.

Katie

Stevenson University is very diverse and has alot to offer, from the supportive teachers to the students.

I often reminisce on my high school years and wish I did have someone to better prepare me for what was to come. Highschool prepared me academically, but there is more to college than just academics. If I could go back, I would tell myself to prepare mentally and socially. College is different from high school in so many ways! For example, in college mommy and daddy are no longer waking you up for class, it becomes your job to wake yourself up and be to class on time. Another example is homework, in highschool homework was mandatory, if your homework was left undone you were promised detention. That was incentive, motivation! In college, that extrinsic motivation doesn't exist. It is up to you to do your homework. With College comes responsibility, it really forces you to grow up and make grown-up decisions. Given the oppurtunity I would make sure to emphasize the importance of remembering why your going to school. College to highschool children means parties, it wasn't until I actually arrived that I realized college was the key to my future and if that meant saying "no" to a party, then so be it.

When discussing Stevenson University, the first thing that comes up is the private bathrooms, opposed to the public bathrooms that are shared by the whole floor in other universities.

Sumit

My school offers individualized classes that meets the needs of the students that are attending.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that high school is important. Important enough to get you to a good college and enough scholarship money. I didn't do so well in high school and I regret those years so much. I wish I could go back and tell myself to study and not put anything off because now I am struggling to pay for college that accepted me but is so hard to pay for. If I would have stressed high school enough, I would have had more options even less expensive options. I didn't want to go to community college because I wanted to start a new life at a University that I can be proud to go to. All I can think of is how I am going to pay for it and that is honestly my motivation in keeping good grades. I am a freshman in college maintaining over a 3.5 GPA and hope to keep it that way.

I wish I knew how hard it was going to be to pay for this school because they didn't offer me the best financial aid plan.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.