Stevenson, MD
Stevenson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stevenson University

Katie

Going back and visiting my high school self, I would tell myself to remain focused and continue to study hard because it will truly prepare you for college. I would also tell myself to have as much fun as possible with friends, after studying, because when you get to college and you have a job, you are now in the real world and it's just not as fun. I would also tell myself to learn time management skills, because those are deffinately needed when it comes to college.

The worst thing about my school would be the parking lot. There are plenty of parking spots, in fact I have never seen the lot 100% filled. The parking spots are very small and if you have a nice car, your car could get some minor, accidental damage. To avoid this, you just have to park in a corner spot and take up extra room. Other then the parking spaces, I cannot think of anything bad about this school!

You shouldn't attend this school if you prefer a large, urban school. Also, you shouldn't attend if you are not willing to study hard and be willing to succeed no matter what it takes. Do not attend if you are looking for a major party school.

Travis

What I believed to be unique about the school is that it gave me two things that most schools could not. First, Stevenson has a 97% rate that those who go to the university will have a job. The next thing the school did for me was allow me to continue to play football, the sport that I hold very near to my heart.

I would go back and give myself an ultimatum. Either you work harder in school and actually do your homework, or don't even worry about college because you won't be successful even if you do graduate doing well. I would make sure that I understood the consequences of not doing the schoowork and studying, because no one ever really taught me the danger of not doing it. I would also tell myself to be prepared because all of the responsibility will keep getting harder and that the stress levels will keep rising.

Nathaniel

Keep clear the fall semester of your senior year.Keep it clear of all the extras as you will be busy finaling college stuff. Possibily doing college applications, essays and the like. You will not have time to keep your grades up enjoy the fall High school evenst and do all the college stuff at the same time. Time mangament skills are a must this sememster so make it easier fo ryourself but taking out the extras. Then after you are done with college applications then out those extras back in if you want or miss them. For one sememster of a clear schedule helps make a clear mind.

Personal contact, samll class size

Melissa

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would stress the importance of not procrastinating. That, I believe, is the number one problem that freshmen in college face. I would explain that there would be less time for going out because my studies would be my number one priority. I would also make sure that I understood that no one will be there to wake me up, tell me when to go to class, when to eat, or when to go to bed. If I were talking to myself as a senior I would definitely mention some tips on how to live with a room-mate, how to share a bathroom, and most importantly how to respect someone else's space, daily routine, and quiet hours. I would explain to myself the level of responsiblity that comes with being a college student. The most important thing that I would discuss with myself is how to manage my money so that I always had food, emergency money, and a little spending money. That is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

The best thing about Stevenson University is the community feeling. As a freshman I felt more than welcomed by the returning students, faculty, and staff. It truly feels like a home away from home. Everyone is extremely nice and the professors are very approachable. The faculty and staff have your best interest at heart. Stevenson prepares their students to lead both successful and fulfilling lives.

The worst thing about my school would be traveling between campuses. It interferes a tad bit when planning your scheduele. Although it can sometimes get in the way it is not impossible to plan around it.

kelsey

Definitely don’t doubt yourself! Studying really does work and hard work does pay off. The feeling of earning an A by using free time to study, figuring out how to make sense of material, and giving 100% effort is worth it. I would tell myself that C's are not acceptable, even if a C is passing; they really hurt your g.p.a. Look into internships by sophomore year. Don’t procrastinate! When you break up with Todd don’t let college come second to your emotions. Devote extra time to studying. Social life is great and it is important, but college isn't high school. Having a lot of friends isn’t always the most important. Surround yourself with more people that are in college because the friends that aren't in college won’t understand the importance of getting good grades. Apply earlier to colleges, have more options. Otherwise everything really does happen for a reason, and considering the obstacles, college is demanding, pressure and anxiety will increase but you’ve always known who you are. As long as you study and manage your time you will be just fine.

I find restricted classes frustrating. I major in Biology and I feel like I should be able to take a nutrition course because it fits well with my future carreer, but nutrition is a course restricted to only nursing majors. Since I pay tuition to attend this college, as well as other students, I think I should have more say in what courses I take. I don't think its fair to restrict science courses to nursing majors when other science majors may want to work in the medical field as well.

I'll start off by saying any type of person should attend this school. It is a very diverse school. Over the years attending this school I have met a lot of people with different goals, personality, life styles, and attitudes. The people I have met and befriended are all different kinds of people, so I don't think there is a certain kind of person that should attend this school.

Sydney

The old campus is beautiful, but we also have two new campuses and are adding a third. Shuttles are running 24/7 to take students to whatever campus they need to get to. The school is a great mix of new and old and is extremely well respected. Over 90% of students who graduate from here recieve jobs almost immediately.

If I could go back in time, I would work harder to create successful study habits for myself. Within this transition to college, studying has been my biggest obstacle. When classes first began and the first exam approached, I did not know how to study. In high school I took fairly easy classes that required little studying, however I realized college was very different. Now that my first semester of college is over, I understand how to study and have improved my study habits. Another peice of advice that I would give myself is that college is NOT one huge party. College is a time in my life where I can have fun every once in a while, however school is my number one focus especially since I am paying so much for it! Nursing is my passion and without full dedication and motivation, I will not make it. Staying positive and inspired is the key to success in college!

Only hardworking, dedicated and motivated students should attend Stevenson. For the nursing program, there are very strict rules that you must follow in order to stay in the program. The amazing thing about Stevenson is that you can apply and become accepted to the nursing program YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE. The school is tough, but very well known in the community and well respected.

Katie

Stevenson University is very diverse and has alot to offer, from the supportive teachers to the students.

I often reminisce on my high school years and wish I did have someone to better prepare me for what was to come. Highschool prepared me academically, but there is more to college than just academics. If I could go back, I would tell myself to prepare mentally and socially. College is different from high school in so many ways! For example, in college mommy and daddy are no longer waking you up for class, it becomes your job to wake yourself up and be to class on time. Another example is homework, in highschool homework was mandatory, if your homework was left undone you were promised detention. That was incentive, motivation! In college, that extrinsic motivation doesn't exist. It is up to you to do your homework. With College comes responsibility, it really forces you to grow up and make grown-up decisions. Given the oppurtunity I would make sure to emphasize the importance of remembering why your going to school. College to highschool children means parties, it wasn't until I actually arrived that I realized college was the key to my future and if that meant saying "no" to a party, then so be it.

When discussing Stevenson University, the first thing that comes up is the private bathrooms, opposed to the public bathrooms that are shared by the whole floor in other universities.

Sumit

My school offers individualized classes that meets the needs of the students that are attending.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that high school is important. Important enough to get you to a good college and enough scholarship money. I didn't do so well in high school and I regret those years so much. I wish I could go back and tell myself to study and not put anything off because now I am struggling to pay for college that accepted me but is so hard to pay for. If I would have stressed high school enough, I would have had more options even less expensive options. I didn't want to go to community college because I wanted to start a new life at a University that I can be proud to go to. All I can think of is how I am going to pay for it and that is honestly my motivation in keeping good grades. I am a freshman in college maintaining over a 3.5 GPA and hope to keep it that way.

I wish I knew how hard it was going to be to pay for this school because they didn't offer me the best financial aid plan.

Holley

My classmates are hardworking and very focused.

My classmates are hardworking and very focused.

As a college student now, I would most definately tell my highschool self to learn how to study effectively, prepare to be stressed, but also to learn how to relax (and don't be afraid to relax). During highschool I was a student that never really had to study, and this hurt me coming into college. What I should have done was discover my specific learning styles while in highschool, that way I was prepared once I reached collegiate level courses. Stress was something I expected to face, however the level of stress that college poured upon me was surprising. I think I would have told my highschool self to learn how to suck it up, and simply do my best through stressful times (even though it seems as if the world is ending). Lastly I would have shared the most vital piece of information - Learn how to relax. College, as I said before, is very stressful. However, constantly running at 200mph is not healthy. My advice would be to learn what helps you relax and stick to it. Being able to relax every now and then rejuvinates the mind and allows for more success later on. Good luck me!

It is small and just right for me. It also has one of the best nursing programs in Maryland.

Brittaney

Career Exploration and preparation

Career Exploration and preparation

I would reconsider my financial state. I am a 5th year senior now and I am living out of my car and funding is limited at my school. It's almost impossible to go to another school because I would have to start over. I would have done more financial planning and chose a cheaper institution.

The name carries a lot of clout in this area so it's popularity may increase chances for job opportunity.

Stevenson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.