Stevenson University

« See more reviews of Stevenson University

Go into the college experience with your eyes open, relaxed and brain working. Think not only what you look for now but a school that will help you look forward to our future as well. Somewhere that will prepare you for everything that comes up in your life so you will never be taking off guard. Look for a school that will keep you safe, will bend over backwards to help you, teach you and tutor you if needed. Find somewhere like Villa Julie, when you walk in the door everyone smiles.

Going back and visiting my high school self, I would tell myself to remain focused and continue to study hard because it will truly prepare you for college. I would also tell myself to have as much fun as possible with friends, after studying, because when you get to college and you have a job, you are now in the real world and it's just not as fun. I would also tell myself to learn time management skills, because those are deffinately needed when it comes to college.

Advice that I would give parents and students about finding the right college would be to make sure that you have enough aid that will cover you for your time at that college.get to know you academic advisor if you have one, also get to know your teachers, also make sure that you get to know the financial aid people sometimes if they know you well enough they can pull strings for you. Overall, just enjoy your experience, you only live once!

I've gained a lot of knowledge by attending college. Meeting new people and learning things that I know will help me in the future. I am going to school because of my passion for Graphic Design. Since the first day, I've learned many new tricks with Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Graphic designing helps me use my creativity and school helps me do more with it. In the future I hope to work for a large company and become a lead designer.

1) Do a lot of everything, so long as it's legal and relatively safe. 2) Nowhere else in life will you be around so many different people with such diverse and similar interests at the same time. Reach out to people; you will make lifelong friends and grow tremendously during this period. 3) Don't take college for granted. It will pass you by before you know it, and you can never really go back to that stage in life without feeling awkward.

Keeping up with your schoolwork is the most important thing, because once you get even a little behind, it is hard to catch up. But don't forget to have fun too. Otherwise you will end up stressed. Devote small chunks of time throughout the day to be "power hours" where you completely focus on your work for a short time. Then take a break before doing something else. I find this way I get work done, but don't feel overwhelmed.

So far, considering I am only a college freshman, I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have made new friends, taken new classes that are really fun and have been involved in many activities. It has been valuable to attend college because I am learning new things and having a great experience. College is meant to help achieve knowledge in order to be able to make it in the "real" world and it is a lot of fun.

If I could talk to myself as I high school senior I would tell myself that college will become overwhelming, but you will be able to do it. I would tell myself to take time with your work ask a lot of questions and study study study. Also remember that now you are actually paying for your education so try as hard as you can. I would also tell myself that you have a lot of freedom so you have to motivate yourself.

College is going to be hard. You need to prepare yourself to deal with hared situations, because life is going to get harder. You're going to have to deal with new situations, people are going to be frustrating and pig-headed. You need to know when to fight and when to let it go, but don't back down when your know someone is wrong. Just be strong and you can handle what comes your way.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would explain the importance of education. At that time I was more worried about pleasing everyone around me by succeeding rather than succeeding because I wanted to. Education is very important to me now, but if I had this mentality in high school, then I could have made more self- oriented goals.